My HSG

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 9th, 2007, 06:58 PM
KittyMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to KittyMom Send a message via Yahoo to KittyMom
Well it didn't hurt, I guess that's a positive. Felt a lot of pressure but that was it. Both my tubes are completely blocked though. No dye/contrast could get into either tube.

I feel like someone just kicked the crap out of me - too much information for one day. I am just wondering what my options are at this point? Is IVF the only option considering my age? Anyone else have both tubes blocked? If so what were your options?

TIA, I am so depressed

<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">My Blog | My Chart</span>
I Love you forever, I Like you for always, As long as I'm living, my Daddy you will be
11/20/1939 - 05/31-2007</span>
[/b]</div>
February 9th, 2007, 07:05 PM
Aidan's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to TheMommyProject
Both of my tubes were completely blocked (they have since been partially removed which is why I said "were").

Unless your doctor feels there may be a chance in opening them up, then IVF will be your only course of action.

I'm sorry you got this bad news today - it's a tough one to hear. Once you have a chance to digest it and come up with a game plan, you will get past the feeling of being depressed, I promise.

I"m here if you ever want to chat or talk about IVF stuff.

You mention your age... how old are you?

February 9th, 2007, 07:12 PM
Quote:
Both of my tubes were completely blocked (they have since been partially removed which is why I said "were").

Unless your doctor feels there may be a chance in opening them up, then IVF will be your only course of action.

I'm sorry you got this bad news today - it's a tough one to hear. Once you have a chance to digest it and come up with a game plan, you will get past the feeling of being depressed, I promise.

I"m here if you ever want to chat or talk about IVF stuff.

You mention your age... how old are you?[/b]
I am 36 and he had already said I don't have alot of eggies left. He had said he didnt think there was a blockage but we should get the hsg done just in case - I guess that's why I am sitting here in shock right now. Plus now I have to go on thyroid meds because my TSH showed I have hypothyroidism. I am certainly not opposed to IVF, my pocketbook might be but I'm not. It's a long wait until the 19th.

Thank you for sharing with me - I am feeling a tinge of hope that IVF may be an option.

I Love you forever, I Like you for always, As long as I'm living, my Daddy you will be
[/b]</div>
February 9th, 2007, 08:26 PM
Aidan's Mommy
We are about the same age...I just turned 37 a few weeks back. My first fresh IVF cycle was right before my 36th birthday and my 2nd fresh cycle was at about age 36 1/2. The stats for IVF definitely start to decline after age 35, but don't let that stand in your way.

If it helps at all... my egg growth, fertilization and pg rate are above average, even for those youngins who are under 35. And if it can be that way with me, there's no saying it can't be with you too.

I know the news you got today is hard to hear, but on the positive side, you know exactly what you're facing now and can build a solid plan based on that where IVF is definitely an option. I find having a plan always makes me feel armed and ready to face the battle.

Keep your chin up and keep me posted, I'd love to hear how things go with your RE visit.

February 9th, 2007, 08:39 PM
Astrid's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry to hear about your news! I remember getting my HSG & follicle scan & being told I had polycystic ovaries. I know that the dr & nurse didn't think much of telling me but I had to choke back the tears. There is always hope so long as you don't blow out the flame. I'm not too far behind you in age & dealing w/ PCO (not full blown PCOS) & insulin resistance. I'm starting the IUI cycle next time, not this one & I have felt very down the past 2 days. Now that we have a plan, things are looking up as they will for you. Gillian & I are plan lovers. It makes us feel better, right Gillian? Once that plan is in place, you will start feeling better about everything!

February 9th, 2007, 08:48 PM
klfc28
I'm so sorry!!

Both of mine were blocked but I got lucky and the tech was able to clear one of them.

You should talk with the doc and see if there is a way to clear them surgical. Where was the blockage? Mine was right at the entrance from the uterus, and my right is jammed shut.
February 9th, 2007, 08:52 PM
Aidan's Mommy
Quote:
I'm so sorry to hear about your news! I remember getting my HSG & follicle scan & being told I had polycystic ovaries. I know that the dr & nurse didn't think much of telling me but I had to choke back the tears. There is always hope so long as you don't blow out the flame. I'm not too far behind you in age & dealing w/ PCO (not full blown PCOS) & insulin resistance. I'm starting the IUI cycle next time, not this one & I have felt very down the past 2 days. Now that we have a plan, things are looking up as they will for you. Gillian & I are plan lovers. It makes us feel better, right Gillian? Once that plan is in place, you will start feeling better about everything![/b]

Amen to that one, sister! A good plan keeps me sane! Hey... that would make a good blinkie.

February 9th, 2007, 09:31 PM
Miles
I am sorry hun, but can ask you ladies who do have them blocked, how did they get blocked? Do you know?
February 9th, 2007, 09:38 PM
Aidan's Mommy
Quote:
I am sorry hun, but can ask you ladies who do have them blocked, how did they get blocked? Do you know?[/b]

I have endometriosis so between that and the scar tissue left behind from the surgeries to try and clean up the endo, I ended up with both completely blocked. Then a couple of months ago, they filled with fluid and the fluid ran into my uterus which led me to the surgery to remove the tubes all together. It was pretty much a mess in there and the tubes were stuck to other stuff, like my bowel and ovaries, that they couldn't completely remove them, but they got a good chunk of each out.

February 9th, 2007, 09:55 PM
Yes a plan is good - I don't do well sitting on my butt doing nothing and I joked with my hubby today that I should get the word PATIENCE tattoo'd to my body so that I could claim I finally had it . I guess I will have to wait and see whether my doc thinks it's worth doing a lap or not.

The blockages were right at the uterus - he couldn't see any part of the tubes at all, not even a little bit. I mean I don't think we were in there for even 10 minutes - it went so fast.

Why they are blocked I have no idea. I have never had an infection, an ectopic, any sort of surgery, nothing.

Thanks for sharing your situations ladies. While I don't wish this on anyone it is nice to have a place to come to where you don't feel so alone.

[/b]</div>
February 9th, 2007, 10:52 PM
klfc28
I think mine were to infections.

I had a really bad yeast in college from a combination of other things - I was on different meds for ear infection and my lifestyle back then.

Then while I was in Africa, I had to take malaryia pills, I ran out of my one kind and they wouldnt refill it, so I had to take another. Which my body did not like at all, and it was well known to give us ladies a never ending yeast while taking it. The yeast got into my right ovary and it became the size of a golf ball. Very painful!! I thought it was an appendicitis.

So I think the combo of those two gave me blocked tubes......
February 10th, 2007, 05:49 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am very sorry to hear that Stina

I am glad IVF seems a viable option for you though

Me, Gillian, Eva and a lot more ladies here are all going through it and we are all here for eachother.

I hope your appt with the RE goes well when you next go and you can start IVF soon

Sarah
February 10th, 2007, 08:21 AM
Rina42308's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so sorry you have this going on. I really hope that after speaking to these wonderful ladies and hearing the potions that you find more and more hope with each passing day. My medical issues have been emmense so I can relate to that feeling of shock, disappointment, and for me anger. i always get so angry...like why did I have to get the "abnormal" body and so and so(insert various name here, whom I feel is VERY undeserving of a child) gets pg and carries to term no problem.
It can feel very lonely...going through all of this. I'm glad you feel comfortable with us. We are here for you!

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search