I'm out this cycle :(

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 9th, 2007, 06:16 PM
Astrid's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just got the call. They want me to go on glucophage this cycle & lower my insulin level THEN do the IUI cycle. This sucks big time ! I was expecting this BUT I really didn't want to hear the words. The nurse is suppose to call me back but I haven't heard from her yet. She was going to tell me exactly what the RE said BUT I haven't heard from her & it has been 45 minutes. I guess that although I am otherwise PERFECTLY healthy, they want to get my glucose under control. Just my luck...well, on to another 35 days of waiting. Great! That means I'll be doing injections over my 32nd b-day !!!!! NOT FAIR, LMAO!

February 9th, 2007, 06:37 PM
Blessedx3
i am soo sorry for you Astrid.....! You deserve a BFP sooo soon ... I do have one question for you though... how do u stay so posative and optimistic.... mine is fading....fast anymore
February 9th, 2007, 06:57 PM
Veteran
I'm so sorry to hear that. Don't you just hate how the dr.'s office doesn't call back right away. It may not be important to them, but it is very important to the person waiting for the call. If you don't mind my asking what is the problem with your glucose level, are you diabetic, hypoglycemic, or do you have a glucose deficency. I have severe hypoglycemia, my blood sugar rarely gets out of the 50's. My family doctor mentioned testing me for a glucose deficency, but never has. I think she forgot.

February 9th, 2007, 07:03 PM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Im sorry that just sucks!! no other word for it!!
Here's a little positive note though. When i was wrongly diagnosed with PCOS they also put me on glucaphage... I lost 6lbs in one month on it!!!
Seriously though Im really sorry that you have to wait another month

Expecting Vivienne Monroe!
14dpo 311!
18dpo 2440!

February 9th, 2007, 07:18 PM
Quote:
I'm so sorry to hear that. Don't you just hate how the dr.'s office doesn't call back right away. It may not be important to them, but it is very important to the person waiting for the call. If you don't mind my asking what is the problem with your glucose level, are you diabetic, hypoglycemic, or do you have a glucose deficency. I have severe hypoglycemia, my blood sugar rarely gets out of the 50's. My family doctor mentioned testing me for a glucose deficency, but never has. I think she forgot.[/b]
Apparently I am insulin resistant which is aka "syndrome X". It is the same gene as type II diabetics. Actually, I guess you could consider me pre-diabetic. Basically, 80% of people w/ this syndrome X have diabetes, normally type II. 20%, where I fall, have insulin resistance but do not become diabetic at all or either later in life. I will have to follow a diabetic's diet, meaning lower carbs than normal & also taking Metformin (glucophage) on a daily basis. I will be taking 1500mg per day. Apparently there are side effects such as nausea & diarrhea. I'm not looking forward to that.

February 9th, 2007, 07:19 PM
Aidan's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to TheMommyProject
Awww Astrid, I'm sorry you got this news. Waiting definitely sucks!

The good news is, it sounds like your doctors are getting you set for the best possible chance at getting a BFP and that is worth the delay! You can do it!!

February 9th, 2007, 07:21 PM
Quote:
i am soo sorry for you Astrid.....! You deserve a BFP sooo soon ... I do have one question for you though... how do u stay so posative and optimistic.... mine is fading....fast anymore[/b]
Um, did you see my posts from Wednesday???? LMAO! I think that tells you that I'm not always + & optimistic. Honestly, what keeps me sane is that I know God wouldn't give me anything I couldn't handle. Another way is that I take martial arts. It keeps me balanced & allows me to take my frustrations out physically. As for now, I'm trying to just enjoy the fact that I can lead a "normal" life such as going out late (rarely), drinking when I want, & endulging in other vices. Enjoying life is what is keeping me sane. My husband & family also take a HUGE burden off my shoulders b/c they listen & understand, no questions asked. I'm very lucky when it comes to family, there is no doubt about that! It just seems everywhere else, I'm not so lucky.

February 9th, 2007, 07:50 PM
klfc28
I'm sorry!! That stinks!!!

Atleast with the metformin they are suppose to start you off low and slow and gradually build up to the 1500mg/day as your body gets use to it.

I feel for you so much!
February 9th, 2007, 07:55 PM
*Melissa*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to *Melissa*
Sorry about the bad news.... I'm proud of you for having such a great attitude though!! You will get your BFP!!
February 9th, 2007, 08:37 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh darn...I'm so sorry hun. I know how excited you were about this upcoming cycle. Sometimes when it rains...it poors. It makes no sense right now, but I believe that everything happens for a reason. It hurts and I remember having to put TTC off for 2 months while I went for testing and then they forgot my biopsy so I had to wait another cycle. I was so upset and frustrated. I'm glad the tests were run though because it's helped to give me a peace of mind in this pg knowing that physically I'm healthy.

Once the Met takes affect, and the diet kicks in...your body is going to be in top-notch shape and the perfect place for an eggie to grow and find nurishment. Waiting sucks...but it'll happen for you hun. We all have our bad days, but all of us ladies here have one thing in common. We're survivours and bounce back, and you're doing a great job keeping your moral up (even on your down days...which we're all entitled to).

February 10th, 2007, 04:45 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am sorry Astrid
But just think how quick time goes!
It is not till the end of March that we start our IVF cycle and we have been ttc since may04.
It all merges into one and goes fast nowadays though which is great

We will soon be posting our BFP pics here hun, so hang in there

((HUGS))

Sarah
February 10th, 2007, 06:54 AM
Gosh, Sarah, I hope we follow in the footsteps of Danielle & Nicole & get BFPs rather quickly! Maybe there is some magic in co-hosting this board. I am going to embrace this cycle & really get healthy! Not only that but if we had gone w/ this cycle, I wouldn't have been able to test for my 2nd stripe in martial arts so at least I will be able to do that! I'm excited about getting all fixed up!

February 10th, 2007, 08:12 AM
alexa's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry about this news, but I am glad those doctors are taking good care of you. You are a million steps closer to your BFP than you were a few months ago.

February 10th, 2007, 12:24 PM
You are right about that Leah! At least there are some answers as to why we haven't been able to get pg for the past 15 months. It is relieving. Found out that I will be on 1500mg of metformin until about 9 weeks before giving birth. The nurse said I needed to get use to it.

February 10th, 2007, 04:41 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Will they be easing you into the Met? I took it and had to take it in stages before I could take the full 1500mg. I started with 500mg/daily for a week, then 1000mg for a week, and the did 1500mg. I was okay until I added was on the 1500mg. I had nasty very loose BM's for weeks, and felt a little sick to my stomach, but it did get better. I'm sure you'll be just fine. (((hugs)))

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search