Have YOU bought any baby stuff yet?

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 10th, 2007, 04:53 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I have to admit that i have

I actually started buying when we started ttc back in may 04
I have a lot of stuff now. I put it in boxes in the attic and then at least i have most things
for when we do have our baby eventually

I have clothes, blankets,toys,books,steriliser,bouncer chair etc etc
Basically a ton of stuff. All we will have to buy when our baby is a reality is a pram,
cot/bed and carseat.

So does anyone else buy things...?
I must admit, i am a shopaholic and buying baby things is my favourite shopping

Sarah
February 10th, 2007, 07:04 AM
Astrid's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, when we were pg, I bought a University of TX onesie, a bib that said "I love Daddy", & a rattle. Since we lost that baby, those things have been put in our storage unit at the end of our bed along w/ the mommy blanket & daddy blanket his mother made us. One day we will bring it all out again!

February 10th, 2007, 07:26 AM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I bought a few things when we first started TTC and people gave me some hand me downs.
When i found out i was pregnant a cousin gave us a bassinet, bouncy seats, bathtub, clothes, toys. My parents also bought a cute little blue bear and signed the ear tag "To Baby Blueberry From Your Grandparents." We called the baby Blueberry.
All of that stuff is now in storage, until we need it again.

February 10th, 2007, 07:49 AM
Daisee37's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I have not bought anything... maybe it's just me being superstitious, but I just get this creepy feeling that if I buy ANYTHING baby-related, I'll never actually have a baby. I also don't plan on telling people until I'm pregnant for over 14 weeks (except for the few who I know won't go crazy with baby things during the first trimester). I just don't want to have to look at baby stuff all the time (or even know it's there), when there's no baby to use them. But that's just me. I'm looking forward to the day when I CAN go crazy shopping for baby!

August 2012 December 2012
February 10th, 2007, 08:06 AM
alexa's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
The only thing I have bought is a suprise for dh whenever we get pregnant. It's an Iowa Hawkeyes baby blanket and slippers, since this is one of his favorite teams.

We do have some gender neutral newborn onesies and jammies that were given to us by a friend.

February 10th, 2007, 08:10 AM
Aidan's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to TheMommyProject
I have not bought anything either and for the exact same reasons that Eva mentions in her post.

To me, it's kinda like putting the cart before the horse and that goes against how I've been dealing with all this IVF stuff, which is to take one step (the next step) at a time.

I can guarantee you though that once I get out of the 1st trimester (should I ever be so blessed), I will become a baby shopping fool!

February 10th, 2007, 07:08 PM
Blessedx3
i had bought package after package of diapers and wipes...... simply cause i figure that what you go broke buying when baby does show up... but i ended up giving them all away so the only thing i have left is a bassinett upstairs in the guest room.
February 10th, 2007, 09:51 PM
klfc28
I bought a bib during the week. Its the only thing I bought. Its St Pattys themed and says "Lucky Charm" on it. Its in a drawer for now.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search