How much stress is too much?

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 10th, 2007, 04:01 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I must admit, i have been under a lot of pressure lately.
We are due to start IVF next mth, DB is depressed with work,
I started a new job 2wks ago which i enjoy, but it is target based and very stressful.
A lot of people have been fired there in the past few mths.
It is not really a stable job, but the only work i could find fast.
I say fast cos i had to find it so DB would take out our loan for IVF.
We will be paying half each back, but it has to be in his name for cheaper intrest rates
as he is a lot older than me(19 yrs).
On top of this, i have to lose just over 2 stones before the IVF.

My only salvation is coming on here and chilling out talking to you girls.
I don't know what i would do without you all.
I am also sooo happy to have got the co-host postion as JM is my fave place to be right now.

So what i am wondering is...How much stress is too much?
I am feeling very unwell at the mo. I have headaches and dizzy spells and also i am so tired out.

Are you ladies under a lot of stress? Is this the norm? Will it affect our fertility treatments?

Waiting for god to bless me with my 1st child when the time is right.
February 10th, 2007, 04:32 PM
Daisee37's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Are you ladies under a lot of stress? Is this the norm? Will it affect our fertility treatments? [/b]
Oh god yes. I think I'm just now beginning to recover from the chemical pg I just had... AF is finally on her way and in a way, it sort of signaling a fresh start for me. A new type of procedure (IUI), a new month, maybe new hope. I don't know. But for the last week I've been crying so much, haven't been able to sleep normal hours (exhausted in the afternoon, unable to sleep at night), unable to concentrate at work, and missing class because I didn't want to see my super-pregnant friend who's due in 2 weeks.

So yeah, I think stress is the norm. I just don't see how anyone could NOT be stressed when going through all this stuff. I mean, there's always some sort of test coming up, the results of which could be devastating, so we're always worried about whatever it is that's coming up in the next week. Will AF show or not? Will the doctor let me start a new cycle now? Will I be able to afford this? Will my next scan/bloodtest be good news?

I hope it doesn't affect our fertility treatments, but I have a feeling it does. Especially with IVF... I think implantation could be affected my stress, which is why I tried meditating a lot before and immediately after my last transfer. Who knows, maybe it helped... afterall, SOMETHING implanted, just didn't stay that way for me.

August 2012 December 2012
February 10th, 2007, 04:58 PM
Aidan's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to TheMommyProject

It's like you read my mind on this post. I definitely feel under a lot of stress the past several months. Today was a particularly bad day and I finally just had a totally emotional breakdown this morning... cried for a few hours and that seemed to get a lot of it out.

I don't think my stress is coming from one place either. Just like you, I have stress of work and IVF as the main drivers. Plus, throw in a m/c a little over a month ago and I think I'm about at my limit.

Like you, I'm physically suffering a bit too - I get a lot of headaches, I'm very tired and definitely moody. I do what I can to relax and most days the stress is manageable, but some days it does get a bit much. I'm not sure it if affects the results of our treatments, but I'm sure it must play some part. Around the time of my transfers, I always be sure to offload some of the work stress, where possible and pay extra attention to spoiling myself a bit so that I don't get too overwhelmed.

And it definitely helps to have support on this board. It's the one place to go where I know I'll find at least one other person who can relate exactly to how I'm feeling.

February 10th, 2007, 08:06 PM
did u say StReSs?!?!?!?!

Heck yeah!!!! it had gotten so bad the last few months tht i was taking "calming" meds because i was panicing everytime i turned around..... but now that dh has put of going to school for awhile and i am seeing more of him, things are getting alot better! I hope they will with you too hun!
February 10th, 2007, 10:21 PM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I think stress plays a very big part in getting pregnant. The one time DH and i got pregnant was during our 3 month break from TTC after our failed IUI. We just didnt care at all during those 3 months...TTC was not on our minds at all! I was actually to the point that i didnt want or care to get pregnant anymore. It was too much for me.

The two years before our preg I was obsessed with having a baby and doing tests and trying to time our BDing on the right days...everything became so mechanical...sex wasnt fun anymore and TTC took over my life. I was on pins and needles waiting for a positive preg test...

Im hoping that I dont get stressed out again with the IUI's and the 2ww. I feel a little better this round since i know that we can get pregnant. I hope its enough to keep me somewhat calm and collected to get pregnant again.

February 11th, 2007, 01:08 PM
Astrid's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Stress, yeah, there is definitely stress here. I can't see how there isn't. The last 2 cycles we didn't try but w/ work (I'm a teacher), the stress can get pretty intense. I'm learning how to deal w/ it & letting it go. What I am worried about now is the meds stressing out my body physically. If I am drained of energy, then it will be very difficult to get through all this.
Check out hEvan @ http://www.etsy.com/store/hEvan
for some great handmade items.
All proceeds go to a family struggling w/ infertility!

February 12th, 2007, 01:48 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to ksauter
I think that there is stress with ttc with Medical Assistance. Some is worse for others. I actually feel a little less stress now that they are doing the IUI just because they are "doing it for me" and so I feel like not all the preassure is on us. ON our last cycle I had just started the inj. was stressed about those and I was at work and 2 Dr's I work for came up and started talking to me about different things, asking me to do stuff. it was overwhelming. I started BAWLING, like gasping for air crying. Lukily one of the Dr's I work for went through the same thing with his wife and totally understands what i'm going through. He let me sit in his office until I was done and compossed. I was so embarresed.
I don't know how much stess is too much my blood pressure has raised these last few months thats got to be an indication.
04/30/08been through all of our classes and home studies and waiting to look through the kid books for adoption !!!
starting IVF- decided against IVF
starting glucophage try I more IUI bfn
Starting adoption classes!! Finally getting the process started
1 laporoscopy, 1 mc, 6mo's of clomid, 3 mo's of injections and IUI's
countless blooddraws and ultrasounds. Hopefully a BFP soon!!
Kelly 29 and JD 29 adopting #1 (or maybe two)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search