It was a very hard day....

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 10th, 2007, 05:33 PM
*Melissa*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to *Melissa*
Yesterday was hard enough shopping for someone ELSE'S baby for their shower, but TODAY was even worst because i actually had to go....
As soon as i get there, I just got this icky feeling... We sat down and we were introducing ourselves, there were about 12 women there, and 6 of them were pregnant. HALF OF THEM!!!!
I was the only married woman there who wasn't pregnant. IF that didn't draw enough attention then they sure fixed that real quick. As they introduced themselves they said "Hi, i'm cindy and I'm pregnant...Hi Im suzy and Im pregnant too...ext... this went on four more times until they came to the conclusion, "OH MY GOSH, we are ALL PREGNANT.... except Melissa"
My face turned bright red and I fought my tears back the whole stinkin time... oooooh did i feel stupid. I know my time will come soon, i know it... but until then, it is SOOO hard.
Thanks for listening for my complaining... I know you all know how it feels.. It's really hard when the mom's dont even WANT to be pregnant and treat is so causually... blech... Ok I'm done, I hope you all had a better weekend than me

Much Love to you all
<>< Melissa
February 10th, 2007, 05:37 PM
nr747's Avatar Veteran
Send a message via Yahoo to nr747
Quote:
Yesterday was hard enough shopping for someone ELSE'S baby for their shower, but TODAY was even worst because i actually had to go....
As soon as i get there, I just got this icky feeling... We sat down and we were introducing ourselves, there were about 12 women there, and 6 of them were pregnant. HALF OF THEM!!!!
I was the only married woman there who wasn't pregnant. IF that didn't draw enough attention then they sure fixed that real quick. As they introduced themselves they said "Hi, i'm cindy and I'm pregnant...Hi Im suzy and Im pregnant too...ext... this went on four more times until they came to the conclusion, "OH MY GOSH, we are ALL PREGNANT.... except Melissa"
My face turned bright red and I fought my tears back the whole stinkin time... oooooh did i feel stupid. I know my time will come soon, i know it... but until then, it is SOOO hard.
Thanks for listening for my complaining... I know you all know how it feels.. It's really hard when the mom's dont even WANT to be pregnant and treat is so causually... blech... Ok I'm done, I hope you all had a better weekend than me

Much Love to you all
<>< Melissa[/b]
awww, I am so sorry that you had to go through that! I get your time will come, but I feel like it my never come cause it's been 3yrs we have been trying on and off. I wish lots of babydust!

<a href="http://www.TickerFactory.com/weight-loss/w2MnFW4/" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">

</a>
February 10th, 2007, 05:57 PM
Super Mommy
Oh, hon! I completely understand!!!

It sucks so much to be in that situation. Even though I have a one-year old, every still asks 'when are you going to have another one?'

a guy at work even said to me 'how hard is it to have another one? just go off the pill!'

I looked at him and said 'you know what?! I've had three miscarriages and I don't know if can have another baby.' He shut right up and i kept right on. I went on about how I'd been trying since 2002 to have a baby and that I'd been to 100 fertility doctors and had every test, etc, etc. He tried hard to run away but I wouldn't let him. He wanted to be nosy, so I let him know what the deal is.

And for once, I felt much better.

Maybe next time someone says something you should tell them bluntly what's going on. It will shut people up faster than you know, but you'll also figure out pretty quickly how many other women you know are going through the same thing and you don't even know it.

What you're feeling is soooooo normal.

Don't let anyone get to you!!!
February 10th, 2007, 06:25 PM
aw, you are such a sweet heart! Thanks for the encouragement.. that's some good advice too!!! That'll shut em' up! lol.
February 10th, 2007, 06:52 PM
Momo's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Aww, Meliss, I'm sorry. Ugh, you knew those women that were going to be there had no social skills! I just am shocked though every time I hear what one of them says. Holy crap. I was thinking about you today and I'm sorry it went off like that. Well you know what? At least when it's your turn you'll get the spotlight! All those twits will be jealous too because you'll be the cutest pregnant woman ever! You are so gorgeous cuz and I just know your turn is coming!
I just can't believe they would say that! I don't know why it is that people have to be such bloody twits! Do they have no common sense???? I feel bad for their kids because their kids are going to grow up to be these bratty little things! At least we can hope right???
I wish I could be there with ya to give you a big old hug but it'll just have to wait. At least I get to see you in like a month or so.
You are beautiful and amazing and so very strong and courageous. God will honor you for dealing with such idiotic people without anger! Just relax tonight, spend some good time with your hubby and enjoy the day of the Lord tomorrow. God is good Meliss and He WILL give you the desires of your heart (Ps. 37:4). I just wish we knew his timing!!! Arg!!!

All you ladies on this board are awesome so I'll add on a shout out to each and every one of you!!! Thanks for giving such great support to my lovely cousin!

Clara's here! 5/13/11

I love my two handsome boys!!!
Jetty - 8/06
Jude - 9/08

February 10th, 2007, 07:00 PM
Blessedx3
Way for you to keep your cool hun! and big big hugs for even having to deal with it!
February 10th, 2007, 07:10 PM
klfc28
That stinks!! I'm sorry! Atleast its over!
February 10th, 2007, 09:27 PM
Rina42308's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
melissa- you just going shows your immense strength and courage. i ahve actually declined the last 4 shower invites I've had in the last 3 months...it's just too hard.
You handeled the situation with grace. So much more so then I ever could.
You will have your time but I sooo understand the wondering of when it will come. I wish I knew the answers for all of us.

(((Melissa))) I hope tomorrow is a better day!

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead
February 10th, 2007, 10:12 PM
Daisee37's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Melissa - I'm impressed you even were able to hold back the tears at all. I have to avoid anyone I know is pregnant just because I know I WON'T be able to restrain myself. The fact that you went, sat through those inconsiderate/tactless comments, and came through without killing someone is truly impressive. I'm sorry you had such a crappy day, but hopefully there won't be more of those to come.

August 2012 December 2012
February 10th, 2007, 11:06 PM
Norina and Eva- *sigh* I about cried when i read your posts... you guys are so sweet I just love ya!!! Thank you for your kind words... It was really hard to try to smile your way through it all... I wanted to be genuinly happy for them... and i am... it's just hard to show it when you want it so desperatly for yourself.

Sara- My dear Cousin, Goodness sakes i Love you!!!! I love how we pop in on eachother forums and lurk around You are one of my biggest supporters! I don't know what I would do without my best bud by my side, I love you so much!!!!

And thank you to everyone else for your encouragment, you are all such blessings! I just hope I can return the favor when you all have bad days... but i hope they are few for your sake

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search