UGH! PEOPLE!

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 11th, 2007, 02:55 PM
klfc28
Someone on another board said this to me:

Well when the time is right you will get pregnant.. Maybe its not the right time for you guys. Stop worrying and stressing over it. What will be will be what will not will not. I know that sucks but that is the way you need to look at it.

***!!!! People!! Hello - I had a physical problem that prevented me from conceiving for an entire year of trying! No matter how much I didn't stress would not have fixed that! Oh she is pregnant btw!
February 11th, 2007, 03:30 PM
juls2006
OMG don't you just love when pregnant people tell you relax and it will happen. i HATE that! if relaxing made you pregnant then i would've been pregnant 5 years ago cause i sure wasn't stressed about it then. and i also really hate when people say when the time is right or my favorite is when they say if it's meant to be it will happen. maybe they could tell me when the right time will be or exactly why it's meant to be for everyone else in the world except for me. sorry i kinda just went into my own little rant there lol! people make me so mad, and sometimes they just have no clue. i'm sorry she said that to you ((((HUGS))))
February 11th, 2007, 03:32 PM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OH my gosh! I hope you told her that not worrying would NOT have fixed your problem. Some people are very inconsiderate and just down right rude!

I finally got sick of ppl telling me crap like that and being polite back to them. and it was usually a woman that was either pregnant or had children.

I even had one woman tell my friend that "I dont know what she is whining about...I cant have kids and you dont see me throwing a fit and crying about it all the time." well she wasnt whining about it all the time because she had already HAD 2 little boys and had her tubes tied.

February 11th, 2007, 03:34 PM
klfc28
I knew you ladies would understand my bitterness and anger!

That board is full of fertile pregnant women.
February 11th, 2007, 05:10 PM
Daisee37's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm there with you... some people just don't get it. Even people who think they get it and are trying to be helpful just don't say the right things. I've been told "you're young, don't worry about it" (DH has awful sperm, so my age doesn't matter really). I think people who just get pg so easily have no idea how hard and how heartbreaking the whole process can be... and hopefully they'll never have to find out. But meanwhile, we're there with you... feeling the same things as you are.

August 2012 December 2012
February 11th, 2007, 06:24 PM
Blessedx3
I agree with you 100% ! I used to have a blinkie that said relaxing doesnt cause pregnancy duh!!!! i loved it .. i think i may have to add it again next mnth... but i just wanted you to know that your not alone...
February 11th, 2007, 06:27 PM
Miles
I think ppl say that because they dont know what to say and that is what we always hear. It bugs the crap outta me that someone can be rude like that.
I would have been very upset, sorry she said it to you hun.
February 11th, 2007, 07:49 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to ksauter
aaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaaa, jerks, man!!!
Starting adoption classes!! Finally getting the process started
IUI #3 BFN
1 laporoscopy, 1 mc, 6mo's of clomid, 3 mo's of injections and IUI's
countless blooddraws and ultrasounds. Hopefully a BFP soon!!
Kelly 29 and JD 29 adopting #1 (or maybe two)
February 12th, 2007, 06:27 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jlo1019
People are so freakin insensitive sometimes. This is what I don't get - if I had not "stressed" about it then I would have never gone to the doctor to find out that I was not ovulating. I could have "not stressed" about it all I wanted and it would not have changed a ###### thing, I would have still not gotten pregnant. People just don't get TTC with medical assistance is hard and time consuming and draining. I hope you did not let her get to you too badly.
February 12th, 2007, 09:22 AM
MommytoOliviaandCole's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OMG that was rude of her! Well darn it, why didn't someone tell me all I needed to do was stop stressing and I'd get pregnant! Silly me! I'm sorry she said that, it was very insensative!

February 12th, 2007, 09:31 AM
Platinum Supermommy
It is easy for pg women to offer 'pearls of wisdom'.
I honestly think they mean well though.
My Mum was told she could never have kids and ttc for 10yrs.
Well they had me in the end. She said it happened when she least expected it
so maybe there is a tiny bit of truth in that.

I think people who have never struggled to conceive dont have a clue though to be honest

Sarah
February 12th, 2007, 10:32 AM
Rina42308's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Well menaing or not, I still tell those kind of people off...in my personal experience the type of people who have said crap like that to me are usually really self absorbed, inconsiderate, ignorant people. So if they can be rude and insensitive to me I feel I can be "enlightening" right back at them!!!

i am sorry this was said to you. She's lucky she didn't say it to me!

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead
February 12th, 2007, 10:51 AM
klfc28
Thanks ladies. Well I put her in her place! And one of the other girls told me that she is just as rude in their DDC board. So i know its just her "lovely" personality!
February 12th, 2007, 01:55 PM
Aidan's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to TheMommyProject
Ugh... some people would be much better shutting their yaps then offering their "advice". Sounds like she spoke the words of a clueless woman who has no idea what it is we go through to even try to get pregnant.

When I'm faced with comments relating to getting pregnant or having kids, I'm usually very patient if that person has no idea of my personal struggle. But anyone who does, I usually put them back in their place.

Fortunately you have a group of women here who understand totally what you're going through.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search