breaking news......

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 12th, 2007, 10:08 AM
Super Mommy
Today is 15 days past IUI and I was going to wait to my doctors appointment to test. ( reading about the bfns really go to me... I tried to enjoy my weekend away with my dh but could only think about the sadness and dissapointment on this board)

Today I woke up and AF came......I was in a beautiful hotel with my dh and all I could do was cry... Crying all through the checkout line, breakfast, the 2 hour car ride home... I didnt want to test in fear of a BFN but never did It dawn on me that AF would come.

I know Norina, Alexa and beans are feeling the same way I am right about now .... and it sucks. Im devestated, think Im deformed, that god hates me and everything else that one goes through when they realize their dream is still a dream and not reality.

I am calling my doctor today and going in for bloodwork to start this hell l over again..this time I think I would like to try injectables other than clomid...but am not sure the pros vs. cons...anyone?

February 12th, 2007, 10:17 AM
Rina42308's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I am so sorry Lucy...I know those feelings...I too feel them...they aren't going away fast enough. What a terrible day today is!

I wish we lived close by so we could cry together. I am at work and all i want to do is sleep...for like eternity. I hate when I feel like I don't know if I can get over this.

I'll be around today if you need/want to caht. I am not talking to any IRL people because they're all stupid and don't get it!

edited to add: oh and yes this next time we do IUI we will be doing the HCG shot. This way ovulation is sure to occur w/in the time perameters of the insemination. My RE says it happens within 12 hours of the shot.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead
February 12th, 2007, 10:49 AM
klfc28
I'm so sorry!!!
February 12th, 2007, 12:21 PM
Daisee37's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lucy, I'm so sorry AF came. I think all of us here can feel your pain... it's so hard to get back up and start all over again.

Anyway, I just failed my IVF cycle and am now switching to IUI (we're using donor sperm now). We discussed clomid vs injectables and here's what we were told: Clomid is easier, but has a lower success rate per cycle (about 10%), especially if you're using frozen sperm (which we will be doing). Injectables have a much higher success rate (about 25% per cycle), BUT a 20% chance of multiples (twins mostly, but some triplets and very few quads). So it depends... if you don't mind it taking longer but don't want to risk having multiples, stick with clomid. If you want to get that BFP sooner, but might end up with 2 or 3 little ones, injectables might be worth a shot. Personally, I chose injectables (partially because of the success rate, partially because I already have them in my fridge left over from my IVF cycle).

Anyway, please let us know what you decide to do. If you do another IUI cycle right away we can be cycle buddies!

August 2012 December 2012
February 12th, 2007, 12:31 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to ksauter
I'm sorry to hear that AF came. Sister you are not alone, my first IUI failed and i cried for an entire day we even were on the shots last time. we are truckn' forward and doing it again this month. We have just got to pick ourselves up and keep picturing the beautiful babies we will all have one day. Its hard I know but its all we can do when we are down.
Starting adoption classes!! Finally getting the process started
IUI #3 BFN
1 laporoscopy, 1 mc, 6mo's of clomid, 3 mo's of injections and IUI's
countless blooddraws and ultrasounds. Hopefully a BFP soon!!
Kelly 29 and JD 29 adopting #1 (or maybe two)
February 12th, 2007, 01:02 PM
Super Mommy
I might be the biggst glutten today.. I have cried all day, ate a big juicy cheesburger, washed it down with a nice cold beer.. (wasnt drinking cause I swore this was "IT") and decided to watch the TLC .. all the great baby stories.. made me cry even harder and feel sorrier for myself.. (if that was even possible).. Bringing home baby was an all out sob fest...

I'm starting to get prepared for round 2. I am going to the doctor tomorrow for blood and ultrasound and talk to them about switching from clomid to injectables. I have taken clomid for 6 attempts of a BFP , granted only one has been with IUI but I just feel I need to move on to bigger guns for this to work..

so all the ladies that got BFN and AF has arrived we can be IUI partners again... I know how much it helped knowing Alexa and Norina were on the same journey as I was..

February 12th, 2007, 01:19 PM
Blessedx3
I am soooo sorry hun!!! atleast you can find comfort i hope in the fact that you are not alone and that you are not the only one!
February 12th, 2007, 01:30 PM
Lucy- that was my day yesterday...had McDonalds for lunch, starbucks frappacino w/whip (usually don't get that), then pizza for dinner and a big brownie!

Today I am starting a "fertility diet"...I ordered the book on amazon.

i also found an accupuncturist that specializes in fertility but DH had a cow at the cost...he said we can do it IF the Dr approves...

I am at work. Still no AF and doubt it will show today, temp is still to high. I just want this cycle over with already.

I am also consulting psychics...how pathetic am I?

So Lucy I might be behind you a tad in the next cycle because I have the stubborn AF from hell right now who won't rear her ugly head!!!

Also, we were kinda thinking of taking a break on the IUI this month...not sure yet on that. Gonna talk to the Dr first and then decide.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead
February 12th, 2007, 01:33 PM
Aidan's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to TheMommyProject
I am so sorry that you have a BFN this cycle. I know it is so hard to take and can be so emotionally draining.

You sound like you are well focused on moving forward and really, that's all any of us can do... pick ourselves up, dust ourselves on and battle through the next cycle.

I truly hope your BFP comes very soon for you.

February 12th, 2007, 01:36 PM
Super Mommy
That's so funny you mentioned accupuncture... cause I called one today too!!!!
Scary....

It was $100 for the first visit that they recomment going the day before your IUI and then $70 for right after you have the IUI.. I'm going to ask my doctor tomorrow about what she thinks too..

I set up a timeline in my mind that will attempt to make me not loose my mind and it includes 1or 2 more IUI's then move on to bigger things or take a break.. I'm disguested and distraught but I'm the type of person that will obsess about "what if" if I dont try..

Norina I had a stubborn AF one time and I drank parsley tea cause I read somewhere online it helps bring her to town.. and it worked!

February 12th, 2007, 02:57 PM
2 obsessive peas in a pod we seem to be Lucy!

This accupuncturist is $275 for the first and $85 after...hey no fair I thought NY is suppose to be more expensive then LA???!!!

February 12th, 2007, 03:13 PM
Astrid's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Lucy ~ Darn! Well, at least you didn't have the BFN, right? Ok, I'm trying to look for something + in all these BFNs & AFs. I know it isn't much but I'm trying. Funny that both you & Norina mentioned acupuncture b/c my dr has one at his office. He believes not only in doing meds but treating the whole woman. It may be a good idea to try out. Also, look up some destressing techniques & try to do 1 a day. If anything, it will help you cope w/ it a bit better.

February 12th, 2007, 03:44 PM
Super Mommy
Norina, the funniest thing that kept me going all day today was...

great, now I'm the gassy, constipated girl for no reason..! sure enough as soon as AF was in full force so was my bowels.. (way too much tmi, sorry)

at least I can laugh about it..

do you think in our heads we make up these symptoms to hold onto hope? cause I swore my boobs were bigger, sore and I KNOW I was abnormally gassy, constipated and cranky....

February 12th, 2007, 04:51 PM
Daisee37's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I started doing acupuncture a couple months ago with my frozen IVF cycle. I can't say if it worked or not... I did actually get pg, but it was a chemical. But I think maybe it was part of the reason an embryo even implanted at all... I find acupuncture to be VERY relaxing, and anything that relaxes the uterus (and your ming) is good I think. There's some decent evidence out there that it helps... it might be all psychological, but hey, if it works, it works.

August 2012 December 2012
February 12th, 2007, 07:49 PM
alexa's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I'm sorry about AF Lucy! She is being a real witch to us this month.

February 13th, 2007, 05:09 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh Lucy, i am so sorry hun
I was really hoping you would of got a bfn and started a bfp boom.
God knows we need one here on this board huh?

I really hope the IUI works next cycle and that you feel better soon.
It WILL happen one day and i hope that it is soon.

We are all here for you and know what you are going through.

((HUGS))

Sarah
February 13th, 2007, 06:28 AM
Super Mommy
Thanks ladies ..

I went to my doctor this morning for bloodwork and ultrasound to start round two of IUI.. this time I'm going the injectable route.. I start tomorrow night.. little nervous about the risk of multiples but am relying on my doctor to know whats best.

so wish me luck on my second attmept at iui this time while injecting my gut with drugs!!

anyone do injectables after trying clomid. what are the difference in side effects ?

February 13th, 2007, 07:28 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jlo1019
I'm sorry hon! Man, the witch sure had a date with all of us this month. UGH! This means that next month mother nature owes us some BFP's around here. I'm sorry you are feeling so down. Keep your chin up and try to stay positive for next month.

February 13th, 2007, 10:49 AM
Lucy- don't worry, y6ou weren't the smelly girl alone...I was over here on the otherside of the country gassing it up for no apparent reason either.

I do believe you mind can make one "feel" pg...but you also should be aware that many PMS symptoms mimic pregnancy symptoms so that's what makes it so hard to differentiate. For me I figured the clomid made my eggs stronger, so when they released my progesterone skyrocketed, which then caused the incredible NHO's (nipple hard ons) and soreness. So it's not ALL in our heads, but I think we hold onto these symptoms for hope and after this month I realize more then anything, there is nothing that means you're pg unless you get a BFP.

And the crankiness, hell ttc brings on the crankiness so that's kinda a given right?

February 13th, 2007, 11:38 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry I hope it works next time.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search