Question for all you IUI ladies

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 12th, 2007, 05:29 PM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
ok this is a question about clomid vs the injectable medications for IUI.

When you use the injections do you produce and release more eggs? I read somewhere on here that using the injections increases your sucess rate to 25%? Are most of you ladies doing the injections or just the clomid.

My RE hasnt said anything to me about using injections with my IUI....

My last IUI the RE said i responded great to the clomid. I had 2 mature eggs and 1 egg that was a little small and they werent sure if it would release or not. Also the reason we do IUI is because my husband has very low motility, morphology, and count. Last IUI he had 7million after the wash.

So i was just wondering what the benefits were to using injections to stimulate instead of clomid.
Thanks!

February 12th, 2007, 07:30 PM
Astrid's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Christin ~ Honestly, if the Clomid is producing a couple of mature eggs & a 3rd not far behind, you may not need injectibles. In my case, the reason we are doing all this is b/c Clomid severely thins my lining so even IF we did get pg, chances are that it wouldn't attach. Also, I am going to take Clomid, then do 2 days of Gonal-F (150ml), then 2 days of Gonal-F (75ml) & Menapur (75ml). Lots of hormones!

February 12th, 2007, 07:33 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to ksauter
I do the injections because the Clomid did not help me O one bit. Even on my last dose of injections I only had one mature egg so my dose got increased and here we go again!!! IF the clomid works I would do that until your RE suggests otherwise. No use wasting the $ if not needed.
Starting adoption classes!! Finally getting the process started
IUI #3 BFN
1 laporoscopy, 1 mc, 6mo's of clomid, 3 mo's of injections and IUI's
countless blooddraws and ultrasounds. Hopefully a BFP soon!!
Kelly 29 and JD 29 adopting #1 (or maybe two)
February 12th, 2007, 07:46 PM
alexa's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I did Clomid with the IUI this last round and had the HcG trigger shot. I have done Clomid for three cycles and usually produce 1 or 2 eggs with it. I have heard that you often produce more eggs with injectables, which can increase your chances. Also for those that don't respond to Clomid, they may respond better to the injectables.

February 13th, 2007, 02:59 PM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thank you ladies!!!
Clomid seems to be working for me so I guess ill just stick to it. RE also has me on estrodial to thicken my lining during days 8-12 since clomid does seem to thin out the lining quite a bit.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search