Q's about Progesterone

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 12th, 2007, 06:40 PM
aliciap's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hey Girls:

I recently found out that I am low on progesterone. My doc decided to do a blood test when I told her I was spotting brown 7-10 days before AF showed up. I have only been off BCP for four months so she is recommending that I waiti a couple more months to see if things even out. Are there side effects? She wants to put me on prometrium. Would it be better to wait a couple months to see or go for it. I go in tomorrow for an ultrasound to make sure there is nothing else going on. This whole thing has me really bummed. I got prego with my son who is now 3 just two months off the BCP so I thought it would be no big deal again this time. WRONG.

Every month I seem to get more bummed because I keep seeing that brown spotting and BFN's. I had spotting with my son in the first trimester so this whole thing has just been one big confusing battle.

Any thoughts would be appreciated

Alicia 28
DH 30
Joshua 3

TTC#2 CY#4

February 12th, 2007, 08:15 PM
Astrid's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
First, your DS is adorable! He has gorgeous eyes. As for low progesterone, how did your dr determine that? Normally blood is drawn at 7-10 dpo to check where it is at. W/o that, it may be difficult to truly say what is causing the spotting. The spotting may be from ovulation. Honestly, until she gets some tests run, it is difficult to say. I know you said she did draw blood but what were the levels?

Also, 4 months isn't too long although it can seem like an eternity. I've been there & am now at 15+ months ttc. From all the stats I have read, once you pass 25, your chance of conceiving goes up a month per year (or something like that). Meaning, if you are 28, then it may take about 6-7 months especially after BCP.

February 12th, 2007, 08:35 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to ksauter
i don't know much about the progesterone but your son is so freaking cute!!
Starting adoption classes!! Finally getting the process started
IUI #3 BFN
1 laporoscopy, 1 mc, 6mo's of clomid, 3 mo's of injections and IUI's
countless blooddraws and ultrasounds. Hopefully a BFP soon!!
Kelly 29 and JD 29 adopting #1 (or maybe two)
February 13th, 2007, 11:29 AM
aliciap's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
First, your DS is adorable! He has gorgeous eyes. As for low progesterone, how did your dr determine that? Normally blood is drawn at 7-10 dpo to check where it is at. W/o that, it may be difficult to truly say what is causing the spotting. The spotting may be from ovulation. Honestly, until she gets some tests run, it is difficult to say. I know you said she did draw blood but what were the levels?

Also, 4 months isn't too long although it can seem like an eternity. I've been there & am now at 15+ months ttc. From all the stats I have read, once you pass 25, your chance of conceiving goes up a month per year (or something like that). Meaning, if you are 28, then it may take about 6-7 months especially after BCP.[/b]
Thanks of course I think he the cutest little guy in the whole wide world
My doc took a blood test at cycle day 21, my cycle is about 30 days right now so that would be right. I am not sure what the number was but I will find out today when I go in for an ultrasound. Without being to graphic it is more than spotting it yucky brown chuncky stuff sorry TMI. It starts out just tinged cm then it slowly increases over a weeks time to turn into think chuncky brown stuff then I start AF for about 5-7 days. The reason I became concerned was becuase each month it seems to be getting worse not better after coming off the pill. I am anxous to go to my apointment today.

I will see what she has to say and then decide about the progesterone I guess.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search