Definitely a first for me...

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 13th, 2007, 12:22 PM
Daisee37's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So today I ordered my first sperm specimen. It's a very strange phone call... just picking a guy out of a catalog and then ordering sperm over the phone. It's supposed to ship out on Saturday and arrive to my condo on Monday... just imagine what the people in the recieving room in my condo building would think if they knew what was in that package!!! It'll be good until the next Saturday, so hopefully my IUI will be next week. I just hope it's not Monday! It's so hard to time all this out. I didn't want to get the sperm too late and miss my ovulation time, but I didn't want to get the sperm too early and have it expire before my IUI! Let's just pray that we got the timing right!

August 2012 December 2012
February 13th, 2007, 12:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
we're going the donor sperm route as well and its been extremely weird to pick a donor. my fiance wont do it with me he feels too weird so its me and my bestfriend who had to pick.

Ours is sent directly to the fertility centre though.

lots of luck.

February 13th, 2007, 12:52 PM
Aidan's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to TheMommyProject
I can see how that make feel a bit strange the first time around. I'm surprised to hear they deliver it to you rather than the clinic - that would be a bit of a surprise to the delivery guy for sure!

I hope you have the timing down and you get your sticky BFP this time around! Good luck!

February 13th, 2007, 03:07 PM
Rina42308's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
That would seem a bit "odd" to me too but hey we gotta do what we gotta do to get our baby right?! I wish you well and hope the timing is just perfect for you guys!

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead
February 13th, 2007, 03:21 PM
klfc28
I could not imagine going through that!

I just watched a movie over the weekend that is kind of related to that.

You all have to go rent it!! Its a weird movie and not the best, but it is interesting to say the least. But I think all you ladies could relate to it in a way - not the ending though - so keep that in mind!

Its called LOVERBOY - with Kiera Sedwig (think I spelt that wrong - she is in the Closer and married to Kevin Bacon)
February 13th, 2007, 04:21 PM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I wish you alot of luck on your timing. hope you get a BFP!

February 13th, 2007, 09:15 PM
Daisee37's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks! Yeah, my clinic said that I get the sample delivered to me and then I bring it on the day of the IUI. It seems strange, but I guess that's just what they do. I'm still nervous about the timing of it though. My mom will be coming in next week to visit so she'll be around for the IUI... DH will have moved to MN by then, so he won't be able to come with me anymore.

August 2012 December 2012
February 14th, 2007, 02:50 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Oh Eva, i pray this works for you!
I had no idea you where going down the donor sperm route just yet.
I am glad it works for so many people and that your DH is ok with it.
My DB has always said NO to anything like that. I don't know what i would do if his probs got
any worse Here is praying that they dont.

Best of luck and i hope the timing is all worked out well

Sarah

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search