Female factor, male factor of both??

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 13th, 2007, 01:57 PM
toomuchtime75's Avatar Member
Hey everyone!! Sorry I've been MIA for a bit. Busy busy! We're still set for our first IVF/ICSI to start at the end of this month. I was just curious to see how many of us were female factor or male factor. In our case it's male factor. Everything checks out fine with me.

So, my question is, who's female factor, male factor or both?

February 13th, 2007, 02:05 PM
MummyTo2Plus5's Avatar Loving my baby boy
female here I have PCOS

Very proud mummy to 2 earthly and 5 heavenly babies

February 13th, 2007, 02:13 PM
KittyMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to KittyMom Send a message via Yahoo to KittyMom
It's all me - DH S/A was actually above normal.

<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">My Blog | My Chart</span>
I Love you forever, I Like you for always, As long as I'm living, my Daddy you will be
11/20/1939 - 05/31-2007</span>
[/b]</div>
February 13th, 2007, 02:32 PM
Gina1978's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Its me I dont O

Thank you SO much for my new siggy Julia (Julka)!

February 13th, 2007, 02:42 PM
Aidan's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to TheMommyProject
It's all me - I have endo, fibroids, block tubes (they've since been removed) so there was nothing getting through. Good news is, I have good egg quality and DH has good spermies and our fertilization rate is also above average.

February 13th, 2007, 03:29 PM
Platinum Supermommy
male . he has an xxy chromosome make up. he's a male he just doesnt produce sperm.

I have had an HSG and a bunch of other tests done that showed im in working order plus I have a one year old.

February 13th, 2007, 04:03 PM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Male factor-sperm counts range from 3-12 million with pretty low motility
I seem to check out just fine...been through all the test.

February 13th, 2007, 08:08 PM
Thank you for your responses...I just can't understand why they won't let us try IUI.. but, DH's count stays around 5 million. It's just alllllll so confusing!

February 13th, 2007, 09:02 PM
Daisee37's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Our main issue is male factor. But I also don't ovulate regularly (my cycles range from 45-65 days long). However, I've tested negative for everything, including PCOS. So we're thinking that if it were just me, some clomid would've done the trick. But since we have such severe MF, we have to do IVF if we want to use DH's sperm.

August 2012 December 2012
February 13th, 2007, 10:48 PM
Aidan's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to TheMommyProject
Quote:
Thank you for your responses...I just can't understand why they won't let us try IUI.. but, DH's count stays around 5 million. It's just alllllll so confusing![/b]
Christy... I've wondered this myself as I've followed your story here. If everything is functioning normally with you, I would think that IUI would be attempted before IVF. But what do I know, I'm no doctor lol. Have you asked that question of your RE? The only thing I can think of is if your DH's issues are severe enough, perhaps they figure the success rate with IUI is just too low.

February 14th, 2007, 08:21 AM
greenchild's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Right now it's all me. As of yesterday I have no fallopian tubes. We got pg twice on our own, and each pg resulted in the loss of a tube. DH had SA oh, like 13 years ago and was shown to be 87% dead, but that was coming off a very unhealthy point in his life, so to get pg twice on our own once we started TTC was encouraging. I have normal cycles and ovulate regularly, so hopefully IVF will do the trick!
February 14th, 2007, 01:55 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Thank you for your responses...I just can't understand why they won't let us try IUI.. but, DH's count stays around 5 million. It's just alllllll so confusing![/b]
Christy... I've wondered this myself as I've followed your story here. If everything is functioning normally with you, I would think that IUI would be attempted before IVF. But what do I know, I'm no doctor lol. Have you asked that question of your RE? The only thing I can think of is if your DH's issues are severe enough, perhaps they figure the success rate with IUI is just too low.
[/b]
My RE told us he prefers to have at least 10million after the wash to have a good chance of preg. If he thinks he will only get 3million or below after the sperm washing based of previos S/A he doesnt suggest/or sometimes even offer IUI because he doesnt think they will have much of a chance of getting preg. But all RE's are different in what they think are good ideas and such, so there is always the chance you could find one that is willing to do IUI for you. Does your dh have good motility? If so that could be in your favor to have IUI it only takes one little guy to get to the egg.

February 14th, 2007, 04:03 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
[/b]
My RE told us he prefers to have at least 10million after the wash to have a good chance of preg. If he thinks he will only get 3million or below after the sperm washing based of previos S/A he doesnt suggest/or sometimes even offer IUI because he doesnt think they will have much of a chance of getting preg. But all RE's are different in what they think are good ideas and such, so there is always the chance you could find one that is willing to do IUI for you. Does your dh have good motility? If so that could be in your favor to have IUI it only takes one little guy to get to the egg.
[/b]

Hello ladies! Our issue is count mainly! We did ask about IUI, but they said they didn't want to set us up for a heartache with such a low count. Didn't want to 'waste our time'. And I do appreciate that from them, but what's the difference in a heartache from trying IUI and it failing as opposed to IVF/ICSI with a possible failure on the first try also, aside from thousands of dollars.LOL ??

February 14th, 2007, 04:41 PM
I think your RE should be willing to let you try IUI at least one or twice...what could it hurt? You would only be out a small % of money compared to an IVF cycle. and you might get lucky and have it work!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search