devestated,,,,

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 13th, 2007, 02:46 PM
Super Mommy
My doctor called and said no injectables , no NOTHING this month. They found a cyst this morning and got my blood work back and my estrogen is high so taking any meds wont work....

So this month I cant do anything...

I thought getting AF yesterday was bad...but today after my doctor called I can not stop crying..at least before there was hope for this month, but now even that has been sucked out of me..

i wanted a baby before my 30th birthday my whole life and I started ttc 14 months ago..::thinking for sure this will be a realistic goal...boy was I wrong..

I am so empty, disgusted, feel broken and cant see any light and the end of this tunnel right now...

i dont understand how I got a cyst, was it from the clomid? is this why AF is v. clotty and thick (tmi)... anyone ever have this happen to them?

February 13th, 2007, 03:07 PM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Im so sorry! !
My RE told me that clomid can cause cysts on your ovaries especially if its used every month. Usually they put you on BC for a month to make the cyst go away and then the next month you can start TTC.
Im not sure if the cyst is the reason AF is like that...very likely that it is but im just not sure.

February 13th, 2007, 03:59 PM
Blessedx3
i'm sooo sorry hun!!!! yes the cyst could be caused by clomid that one of the side effects... i had a bad case of it back in nov to the point they sent me to the hospital.... the cysts will be reabsorbed by your body though so dont freak out and yes thick and clotty af is common on clomid... espcially the first 2-3 cycles your on it... HTH!!! I hope you get some good news hun!
February 13th, 2007, 04:04 PM
Rina42308's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
(((Lucy))) Seriously we need to be neighbors...I too wanted a baby before 30...I just "celebrated" ( if you want to call it that) my 31st adn no baby yet. It sucks A-holes, I know.

This news is devestating...I know how bad you want a baby...i hear it in your post and I feel it in my soul...because I too am on this walk. And as crappy as this feels, as alone as I feel in it, I would never wish this on my worst enemy.

You have every right to feel as you do. I feel horrible too...I feel defective and because it's so hard to keep this inside (I have a bad poker face and am a terrible liar) a lot of people know what I'm going through which I can't tell is worse or not? I feel like everyone looks at me as "the poor little infertile girl"...I hate people feeling sorry for me...sorry hope I'm not hijacking your post. Just wanted you to know I relate.

is there something nice for yourself that you can do. I was contemplating saying the hell with it and splurging on a massage...even though all this baby business is costing us a small fortune, I think I deserve a break that's for sure!

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead
February 13th, 2007, 04:16 PM
Super Mommy
This is my first round of Clomid with IUI but my 6th on clomid without IUI.. so this clomid crap isnt anything new.. I told the doctor no more, never again will I do this crappy clomid nonsense. It's by far the cheapest fertility drug out there.. but for me it's been nothing short of a nightmare.. although I know plenty that have gotten their BFP's the first time on it..

I havent told a SOUL other than my DH that we're even TTC cause I am like you Norina, didnt want anyone to feel sorry for me.. and both DH and I are only children our parents would be up our butts with questions all the time.. so I feel like I have you ladies, my Dh and the nurse at the clinic..

Dh can say nothing right to me.. i know he's trying to help and saying, it's going to be fine, it's just a speed bump in our way.. but I want to hate everything right now and screan from the roof this sucks and I am so sad...

Ya know the worst thing right now for me (well one of the worst) my parents are building a new home and it's not ready yet and they sold their old home.. so they're living with us!! I have to pretend I'm fine every ###### day.. and now with this.. I should win an Oscar for all this acting!! I cry in my sitting room then suck it up to sit down stairs with the parents.. not sure I can make it another two weeks, that's when they move into thier new home..

Norina, I so wish I was in Cali right now.. one cause this snow is making me angry and two.. you and I could sit and cry (sounds thrilling, eh)

My Sister in Law is 38 and preggo with her first kid.. I'm so happy for her. but dont want to be her.. which is why I started this jorney so soon, or so I thought..

Norina when you had your cyst did they tell you take BC pills to get rid of it? My doctor left the message on my voice mail, "hey it's your doctor and you have cyst and your estrogen is v. high so no meds this cycle, see you on cd 2 next month"!! are you kidding me.. what if it doesnt go away.. what if I have questions and you call at 5 right as you're on your way out the door.. ! I am livid!

The injectibles are still arriving at my house tomorrow cause the pharmacist said I can keep them in my fridge for 6 months.. great. yet another day and another reminder that I'm BROKE and cant be FIXED this month.. the temptation to take them will kill me.. what could happen??

February 13th, 2007, 05:35 PM
klfc28
I'm so sorry!!!

I can't relate to what you are going through. We are not that far along in the process, but I could imagine the hell you are living. It sucks being broken!!!

We are here to listen though.

And I know how you feel on wanting that baby before your 30. I have the same goal as well.

Do you think you might feel better if you talk to just your mom? I know my mom doesn't understand what I have been going through and tended to say the wrong thing till she found out about my tube blockages. But sometimes it does make me feel better talking to her. And I think she gets a lot out of going through the journey with me. It will make that baby even more special to everyone.
February 13th, 2007, 08:09 PM
My parents don't know...they are the worst in the comforting dept. And we don't talk to my DH's parents. I know what you mean Lucy about "the nurse at the clinic" , the nurse practicioner at mine, let's just say she is one of the closest people next to Dh right now LOL...she always takes my calls no matter how silly.

Lucy- I didn't have a cyst...at least not one that I know of yet (we will see on Thurs), I think it was starry who had it. but I have heard of either using b/c or just waiting it out for it to go away. i woudl call your Dr back and demand some answers, that was VERY crappy of him to do to you!!!

It hailed here today...but it still beats your snow right? wish we could visit one another. I sooo need a vacation from life!

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead
February 13th, 2007, 09:38 PM
Aidan's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to TheMommyProject
I'm so sorry you got bad news today. This TTC w/meds can definitely take a toll at times and when we have to face a set back, it really does hit hard. I'm in a holding pattern right now as well - waiting on my genetic testing and biopsy results and will have 2 full cycles of no IVF attempts and that's hard.

You'll get through this next cycle though and you will clear the cyst and you'll be good and ready to go the next cycle after and I really hope that one will bring you your BFP you're so desperately after.

February 14th, 2007, 06:07 AM
Super Mommy
I called the doctor to ask if I could take BC pills for two weeks to make the cyst shrink but she said my estrogen level was too high!!

they said my E2 levels were at 509 and usually they like patients to be 50 or less to start injectabiles..so I'm way out of this month..!!

I think I would tell my mom if she wasnt living with me I'd tell her but living with her without her knowing is stressful enough!

ugh, so I'm officially out this month.. my doctor said 99% of the time the cyst will go away on it's own in a month.. and I'm holding her to that!

seriously, so angry that there is nothing to do.. ugh. feel so helpless right now

thanks for listening to me.. again..

February 14th, 2007, 12:32 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to ksauter
I'm so sorry, I had the same thing happen last month. I went to the RE for my first follicle u/s of the cycle and he found a cyst. So no trying for me. That was the only thing that kept me positive after my first IUI failed was that I got to try again next cycle . My RE did put me on BC pills to get rid of the cyst and it worked i'm doing my injections this cycle. Don't feel bad my RE lives an 1 1/2 hours from my house and I cried as soon as he told me I had a cyst and I ddin't stop until an 1hr after I got to work!! It was horrible. If I was there I would give you a big fat hug!!!
Starting adoption classes!! Finally getting the process started
IUI #3 BFN
1 laporoscopy, 1 mc, 6mo's of clomid, 3 mo's of injections and IUI's
countless blooddraws and ultrasounds. Hopefully a BFP soon!!
Kelly 29 and JD 29 adopting #1 (or maybe two)
February 14th, 2007, 12:50 PM
Super Mommy
ksauter, when did you start taking birth control? and what brand was given to you?? I called the doctor and she said my levels were so high that birth control wouldnt help and she said 99% of the time it'll go away on its own.. me not knowing if nature is going to take care of this is making my life hell right now.

i dont understand why they wouldnt want to test my blood throughout the month to make sure the levels were going down? why wait till it's too late to find out if nature is working???

i read online some natural remedies, vitamin c, b complex, mulit vitamin to help it go away.. i'm just nervous it'll make it worse..

so i was thinking of taking my left over bc pills ??

February 14th, 2007, 02:21 PM
Super Mommy
My dr. warned me that might happen. she said that it's fairly common to have to skip out a month because of cysts.

the waiting is definitely the hardest part in all this.

i'm sorry you're going through this.
February 14th, 2007, 03:47 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to ksauter
um I started that night so it must have been cd3 and I took it for 3 weeks I think. He had me end a certain time so we could schedule my next appt and not have to guess. He put me on Yaz. its a low hormone one. I know this is so hard for you but my dh told me maybe this will help and my body just needed a rest and this cycle I have 3 mature follicles instead of 1 like last time. Maybe it is what it needed. I would have like it more if it didn't but hey, the body does what it wants not what I want
Starting adoption classes!! Finally getting the process started
IUI #3 BFN
1 laporoscopy, 1 mc, 6mo's of clomid, 3 mo's of injections and IUI's
countless blooddraws and ultrasounds. Hopefully a BFP soon!!
Kelly 29 and JD 29 adopting #1 (or maybe two)
February 14th, 2007, 04:00 PM
Super Mommy
I know I keep looking for the silver linning in all of this and I'm sure my body would love the break from all these drugs..

I use to take Yaz, about a year and a halg ao and still have three boxes in my medicine cabinet.. I'm thinking of taking them just to be on the safe side.. do you think it could hurt?

I'm on CD3 today so I should start today ? I know you're not a doctor and I should def consult with my doctor but she said to just wait and see.. she's very laid back, whereas I am NOT!

February 14th, 2007, 04:31 PM
Miles
February 14th, 2007, 06:59 PM
Lucy- I don't know if taking the b/c's would hurt or not...I was wondering though...do you like your RE? Because if you aren't getting the care you'd like what about finding someone not so laid back? I don't do well with laid back dr's either. i want aggressive/result oriented Dr's. Adn after that whole voice mail he/she left...I don't know, I'm thinking you may want to shop around??? But just throwing that idea out there. Maybe he/she has been really amazing in other ways and you are satisfied?

February 15th, 2007, 03:12 AM
Blessedx3
yep i got cysts from the evil clomid three of them on my ovaries.. 1 ruptured... the other went away on thier own after a week... my ob/gyn did sonos to make sure everything was OKie dokie! cysts can be very very painful... ! I didnt have to take bc because my doc said it would be reabsorbed by my body and it was.... i hope things better for you soon hun!!! HUGS!
February 15th, 2007, 06:02 AM
Super Mommy
Hello Kitty, how many cycles did your cyst last?

Do you know what your E2 level was during that time?

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search