hoping to join you soon.

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 14th, 2007, 11:41 AM
bargdill's Avatar Veteran
i think i may have hypothyroid as well as pcos. this is my suspicion based on symptoms but i can't see the doc to confirm till april. was wondering if any of you are hypo and if so what are your symptoms. do docs normally check this while pregnant cuz i gained 90 pounds and would think they would have been suspicious.

my chart

February 14th, 2007, 01:57 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi and welcome to our Board
I would just say wait intill your Dr appt and see what happens.
I got into the habit of 'self diagnois' and it does no good Best just wait and see.

I am sure you will find all the support you need right here though, whatever happens

Sarah
February 14th, 2007, 02:12 PM
KittyMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to KittyMom Send a message via Yahoo to KittyMom
April?? Ouch sounds like our medical system I have just been diagnosed with hypothyroidism and I am now on synthroid for it. I have thought for many years that I may have a thyroid problem, it's nice to finally confirm it and get it under control I guess. I don't think I have a lot of signs though - I actually thought I was seeing the early signs of menopause to be honest. What I do know is my temps are a full degree under most people but I don't always feel cold (I did pre pregnancy but then it seemed to regulate itself). I don't have a huge libido unless it's the week of ovulation - kind of a take it or leave it type thing But the one thing I have noticed and commented on a lot, is just a slow lack of memory. I wouldn't say memory loss, but definitely things are 'foggier' now than say 2 years ago. My doctor says within a few months that should clear up and the fogginess will go away. He said it's also possible that the panic attacks and depression I have had previously may be a direct cause of it as well.

This diagnosis was actually a good one - if I can fix all of the above I will be one happy camper (as will DH LOL).

<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">My Blog | My Chart</span>
I Love you forever, I Like you for always, As long as I'm living, my Daddy you will be
11/20/1939 - 05/31-2007</span>
[/b]</div>
February 14th, 2007, 03:28 PM
bargdill's Avatar Veteran
so no long cycles. in tcoyf it says long cycles with long patches of ewcm is indicative of hypo, this is me exactly, oh plus the low temps.

my chart

February 14th, 2007, 03:35 PM
Blessedx3
Welcome !!! and i don't know if they routinely check for that... i know with my ob/gyn they only ran standard testing like the glucose test

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search