Progesterone Test

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 14th, 2007, 12:27 PM
butterflyjmb's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just got my results from my progesterone test that I had done on Monday. It was 11.7. After the nurse told me my results she basically hung up. I'm confused!!! What do I do now?!?!?!? Is 11.7 good??? Help!!!
</div>
February 14th, 2007, 01:16 PM
aliciap's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I just got my results from my progesterone test that I had done on Monday. It was 11.7. After the nurse told me my results she basically hung up. I'm confused!!! What do I do now?!?!?!? Is 11.7 good??? Help!!! [/b]

When did you give the blood? I gave blood for a prog test this month on the 21st day of my cycle. Mine came back at 9 which my doc said was low, they like to see it around 15 at that time. I would call your doc and ask them if the level is ok? If it was taken at teh same time as mine I would say it is a little low. So lame how they don't give you any information abnd just expect you to know on your own.

February 14th, 2007, 01:27 PM
It was taken on CD24. Does that make much difference? Yeah, all she said was, "So it looked like you O'd. Thank you!" *CLICK* She had to call for the results, they hadn't gotten them back to their office yet. Will the doctor look at it and have her call me again. I am so sorry. I'm just really confused!
</div>
February 14th, 2007, 01:32 PM
juls2006
your progesterone should be checked at 7DPO and it should be around 10 for an unmedicated cycle and 15 for a medicated one. i would call and see if you can talk to the dr. that's really strange that she just hung up on you like that. my dr is always the one who calls me so we can decide what to do for the next cycle.
February 14th, 2007, 01:42 PM
How funny I just found this on a website:

"A progesterone test is done to confirm ovulation. When a follicle releases its egg, it becomes what is called a corpus luteum and produces progesterone. A level over 5 probably indicates some form of ovulation, but most doctors want to see a level over 10 on a natural cycle, and a level over 15 on a medicated cycle. There is no mid-luteal level that predicts pregnancy. Some say the test may be more accurate if done first thing in the morning after fasting."

I am unmedicated this cycle. So then my levels look like they were normal. He was going of my last cycle as to when to test. I O around between the 17th and the 18th. This month Fertility Friend has me Oing the 19th. I think FF is wrong. I felt like I was Oing around the 16th/17th. Also, I didn't get tested until 3 pm. I may call them tomorrow and ask some questions. I'm just not sure what to ask yet.

Thanks guys!!
</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search