Question about Clomid

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 14th, 2007, 02:07 PM
Gina1978's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I started my first round of Clomid this cycle and I didnt feel much of anything..I dont think it worked and I wont know until Friday when I pick up my progesterone results.
Right now I can feel that AF is on her way because Im cramping alot and Iv had some pink CM yesturday and today..not much at all,I had to really stare to see it,but its there...so Im convinced that the Clomid didnt work...its not like I didnt BD enough
Anyway,my OB wants me to take 50mg of Clomid for 2 cycles and then shell up my dose to 100mg...but if 50mg didnt work the first time,why do I have to do it again kwim?
Is it normal to stay on the same dose for 2 months if it didnt work the first one? I dont want to do 50mg again if its going to have the same effect as it did this month..which is absolutely nothing
Should I just up my dose and tell my OB at my next apointment,or phone her and ask her if its ok to do so?

Thank you SO much for my new siggy Julia (Julka)!

February 14th, 2007, 02:14 PM
Blessedx3
definately talk to your doc about increasing your dose before you take it!

On the other questions yes its normal to be on the same dose more than one cycle... some women have a problem with getting it to work the first month so they give them a second month before upping it...

Clomid will make you moddy, give you hot flashes.... and there a whole slew of side effects... right now i am having some major cramping... its 10 times worse then being in labor... and that on 20mg of clomid and right before i o... I hth!!! good luck hun!
February 14th, 2007, 02:36 PM
juls2006
i would wait to see what your progesterone is and then talk to your dr about it.
February 14th, 2007, 02:45 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I hear your frustration. Just remember though, s/e's don't mean anything in terms of it working or not. I had zero side effects on clomid and got pg that cycle. As for upping the dose, just because you didn't get pg didn't mean that it didn't work. Clomid works by increasing your egg quality and estrogen levels. There's only a 20% chance of getting pg in any given cycle so it won't always work every cycle. It's very possible that the 50mg did work for you and your prog test will let you know. Hang in there hun. I know it's rough, and every month all of your hope hinges on a few days and 5 little pills. (((hugs)))
February 14th, 2007, 02:59 PM
KittyMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to KittyMom Send a message via Yahoo to KittyMom
Clomid also builds up in your system and can stick around for 6-8 weeks so it is like getting a more powerful dose your second month.

<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">My Blog | My Chart</span>
I Love you forever, I Like you for always, As long as I'm living, my Daddy you will be
11/20/1939 - 05/31-2007</span>
[/b]</div>
February 14th, 2007, 03:09 PM
Super Mommy
a lot of people i know didn't get pg the first month on clomid. it usually took at least 2.

i just finished my first cycle with clomid. i only did 50 mg.

didn't get p/g, but this month i'm doing clomid with trigger shot and IUI. so we'll see!

did your dr. monitor you to see if you ovulated?

good luck to you!
February 14th, 2007, 04:02 PM
Quote:
Clomid also builds up in your system and can stick around for 6-8 weeks so it is like getting a more powerful dose your second month.[/b]
Thanks Im so new to this...I thought no s/e meant that it wasnt working

Quote:
did your dr. monitor you to see if you ovulated?[/b]
Well,I had my progesterone bloodwrok done on CD26 (because I was charting and ovulation hadent been detected before that time) and Im just waiting for the results of that to see if I Od or not.Thats all the monitoring shes doing right now.I also have to have bloodwork done again on CD4 of my next cycle,but I dont really know what thats for..all I know its that its hormonal.

February 14th, 2007, 04:16 PM
Quote:
Quote:
Clomid also builds up in your system and can stick around for 6-8 weeks so it is like getting a more powerful dose your second month.[/b]
Thanks Im so new to this...I thought no s/e meant that it wasnt working

Quote:
did your dr. monitor you to see if you ovulated?[/b]
Well,I had my progesterone bloodwrok done on CD26 (because I was charting and ovulation hadent been detected before that time) and Im just waiting for the results of that to see if I Od or not.Thats all the monitoring shes doing right now.I also have to have bloodwork done again on CD4 of my next cycle,but I dont really know what thats for..all I know its that its hormonal.
[/b]
I miss stalking your chart - what CD are you on now?

I Love you forever, I Like you for always, As long as I'm living, my Daddy you will be
[/b]</div>
February 14th, 2007, 04:24 PM
Quote:
I miss stalking your chart - what CD are you on now?[/b]
Im on CD35.I stopped charting on CD21 because I hadnet seen any changes even with the Clomid,and I was starting to get very stressed and upset..so I decided to take the rest of the month off and just let the results of my blood work do the talking.
I had some pink discharge the day before yesturday,and then again today,and Im having MEAN cramps on and off,so Im guessing AF will be here real soon.
I have to chart again next cycle because I have to take progesterone after I O,and if I dont chart,I wont know when that is or if I do So you will be able to stalk me again real soon
Thanks for stalking me by the way! I didnt think anyone did!! lol

February 14th, 2007, 05:18 PM
Quote:
Quote:
I miss stalking your chart - what CD are you on now?[/b]
Im on CD35.I stopped charting on CD21 because I hadnet seen any changes even with the Clomid,and I was starting to get very stressed and upset..so I decided to take the rest of the month off and just let the results of my blood work do the talking.
I had some pink discharge the day before yesturday,and then again today,and Im having MEAN cramps on and off,so Im guessing AF will be here real soon.
I have to chart again next cycle because I have to take progesterone after I O,and if I dont chart,I wont know when that is or if I do So you will be able to stalk me again real soon
Thanks for stalking me by the way! I didnt think anyone did!! lol
[/b]
Oh yes, you were on my morning stalk with coffee check Now how long was your last cycle? I know it was longggggggggggggg, seems to me 37-38 days, right? If so that's amazing that clomid didn't at the very least shorten things up for you.

[/b]</div>
February 14th, 2007, 05:30 PM
Miles
My dr had me do 2 cycles of 50mg then one of 100mg. He told me it will stay in your body so doing 50mg again may help you out hun. If your really worried talk to your dr about it see what they say.
February 14th, 2007, 06:49 PM
Quote:
Oh yes, you were on my morning stalk with coffee check Now how long was your last cycle? I know it was longggggggggggggg, seems to me 37-38 days, right? If so that's amazing that clomid didn't at the very least shorten things up for you. [/b]
Wow! You did stalk me!! lol Yes,it was 38 days long,and that was actually the shortest Iv had since I stopped BCP in July.Usually they were 54 days long.
I also thought that the Clomid would shorten it..but it looks as though it didnt because Ill be on CD38 on saturday and I dont know if Ill have AF by then

February 14th, 2007, 07:31 PM
Miles
With the clomid I Oed CD17 then 22 and once I moved to 100mg I oed on CD18. I am on CD26 now(no clomid) and I think I ovulated today. So the clomid didnt really shorten mine too much either.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search