IVF MEDS

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 14th, 2007, 01:20 PM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
My friend Jamie is going to be starting her first IVF cycle in May using her sister as a surrogate for her. We go to the same RE and he has told her that naturally the meds will be more exspensive for her cycle since she is using a surrogate.
I have heard some of you talk about getting your meds overseas and from this website ivfmeds.com. I told jamie about it and she was wondering how much you ladies usually saved from using the overseas instead of getting the meds from the US. Also did you have to get your RE to ok getting your meds overseas or did you just take the prescription and do it yourself. Are the meds of the same quality as the ones you can get here?
Thank you so much!

February 14th, 2007, 02:44 PM
Aidan's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to TheMommyProject
I haven't used either of these methods to get my meds - I'm fortunate that all my meds are covered by my work health coverage (up to a max of $6K). Plus I'm in Canada, and although I haven't done the comparison with IVF meds, perscription drugs are normally cheaper up here then in the States.

That being said, I just wanted to chime in here and say that wherever you do manage to find your meds all you really need to ensure is that they are specifically what's prescribed to you and ensure that they have been stored appropriately (some require refrigeration) and have not expired and you should be just fine.

Also, you may want to see if there are any bulletin boards at your RE's office. At the hospital I go to, there are always women advertising to sell what meds they have left over and are always at a cheaper rate than the pharmacy.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search