Any of you on metformin?

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 14th, 2007, 07:13 PM
becky_mommyof4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
What is the dose you are on ?

Are you on clomid also?

can you take this with prometrium?

How do you take it?

What can i expect?

Does it regualte your cycles?

February 14th, 2007, 08:41 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I've only been on metformin since November, but I'm happy to share my experience .

What is the dose you are on ? 1000mg a day (still trying to get the doc to raise it)

Are you on clomid also? yes, this is my first cycle using clomid

can you take this with prometrium? yup, I've never had a problem taking prometrium while on metformin

How do you take it? I take two pills a day, one in the morning and one at night about 12 hours apart. Ideally I take them with meals, but sometimes I'm bad about that.

What can i expect? GI problems mostly. Most people, myself included, have some issues with diarrhea while getting used to the medicine and when the dose is raised. It took me about a week or so before things were ok on 500mg and when it went up to 1000mg there wasn't an adjustment period.

Does it regualte your cycles? *sighs* No, not yet. So far I've had to induce a period with prometrium. That's why I'm taking clomid this cycle, metformin alone (at least 1000mg) doesn't seem to be working by itself.

February 15th, 2007, 04:27 AM
becky_mommyof4's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
thank you for sharing so how long were you on met before it got raised?

February 15th, 2007, 05:20 AM
Mega Super Mommy
I was on it almost two months before the doctor would up the dose. I've been on 1000mg since late december. The majority of women I've talked to have thier dose raised every two to three weeks until they hit their target amount. Unfortunately my doctor isn't one of them. He seems to move slower than most doctors on pretty much everything which is frustrating to me.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search