Questions...

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 15th, 2007, 12:40 PM
J.E.N.N.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hjavent posted in here cause im just starting meds...here's alittle about me..I went off the pill in May and never got a cycle..My doc started my cycle in Dec. and then it didnt start again after that one..I went back to the doc and he started me on 2 different meds to start my period and then I have Clomid to start on CD 6-10...I should be starting my period in about a week in a half...So once I start taking the Clomid when would I be supposed to O? and when would be best to start BDing to catch the egg?? Any input would help Im feeling lost as its getting closer..
February 15th, 2007, 12:58 PM
KittyMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to KittyMom Send a message via Yahoo to KittyMom
Quote:
I hjavent posted in here cause im just starting meds...here's alittle about me..I went off the pill in May and never got a cycle..My doc started my cycle in Dec. and then it didnt start again after that one..I went back to the doc and he started me on 2 different meds to start my period and then I have Clomid to start on CD 6-10...I should be starting my period in about a week in a half...So once I start taking the Clomid when would I be supposed to O? and when would be best to start BDing to catch the egg?? Any input would help Im feeling lost as its getting closer..[/b]
I've never heard of days 6-10 but with clomid it seems every doctor has a different protocol

If you are not being monitored via u/s then I would suggest you use OPKs to help you time for BD'ing. Start using them 5 days after your last clomid pill and then test twice per day, mid-afternoon and later evening until you get your positive. If you don't want to use OPK's then I would just BD every other day until your CM changes to fertile. Then go every day. I know not everyone likes to obsess over OPks like I do but I figure if you are going to put your body through the clomid you may as well make the most of it and truly optimize your chances of get PG.

My hubby gets so exhausted O week so I have to use OPK's (not that it matters anymore but I still do ).

<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">My Blog | My Chart</span>
I Love you forever, I Like you for always, As long as I'm living, my Daddy you will be
11/20/1939 - 05/31-2007</span>
[/b]</div>
February 15th, 2007, 03:17 PM
Blessedx3
All i can tell you is what I have experienced. I take clomid cd 3-7 ... i usually o around cd 14-18 I know its a 4 day diffrence. But i havent had an o day on the same day. Hmmm. also as far as the bding.... i bd every other day til i get a posative opk, then we bd that day the next day and the day after that, wait a day and then give it one last go.
February 15th, 2007, 04:48 PM
Astrid's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome! Sorry that you are dealing w/ this issue of AF not wanting to visit. I'm sure it is very frustrating! My longest cycle was 39 days & I about drove myself crazy during that time! I'm going to 2nd what Stina said about never having heard of taking Clomid CD 6-10. Normally, it is taken CD 5-9, 3-7 or 2-6. The earlier you take it, the higher the probability is of producing more than 1 mature egg. Also, so that you know, Clomid is has a nasty habit of "drying" you up. I would suggest Robitussin to thin out your CM so you are better able to figure out when you are fertile. OPKs are great but sometimes hard to read. When I took Clomid, I would O b/t CD 18-23. Hopefully this will get your cycle on track w/o much complication! If you have any other ?s, let us know!!!

February 15th, 2007, 07:13 PM
J.E.N.N.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks for all the help..My doc is watching me and said I should take the Clmoid CD 6-10 but do u think it would hurt to just do Cd 5-9? since that seems to be the norm....also with the Robitussin...I was going to order some Pre-Seed...what are ur girls thoughts on that???
February 16th, 2007, 06:46 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jlo1019
I used Preseed last month and all though we did not get pregnant it did help with the drying effect. I've heard a lot of people who did get pregnant with the aid of it too. You can usually find some really good deals out there too. GL to you! I'm on Clomid 2-6 here and this is our second month of trying w/Clomid.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search