anyone know how expensive this all is with no insurance?

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 15th, 2007, 03:53 PM
bargdill's Avatar Veteran
my results for thyroid test were .25

my chart

February 15th, 2007, 04:17 PM
Astrid's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
It is really hard to say what the cost will be. Clomid (name brand) runs about $90 for 5 50mg pills. Yep, you are reading right. As for the tests, this is what my RE quotes his patients w/o insurance...

Consults $135-325
Physical Exam $135
Well Woman $195
Full Bloodwork $135
Baseline u/s $275
SHG $400-1200
Follicle Scan $250
IUI $275-450
IVF $ 7750-11500

I'm not sure what you are looking at having done but the SHG normally will clear a blocked tube w/ the pressure that the saline is shot up into your uterus. The meds are a different story. We paid $700 for Gonal-F injections, Menapur injections, HCG injection & Clomid (10 50mg pills). I hope this gives you an idea of how much it all costs.

February 15th, 2007, 04:57 PM
bargdill's Avatar Veteran
thanks so much, i'm not sure what the difference would be since i am seeing my regular obgyn. i was mainly concerned about the bloodwork which doesn't sound too bad, really. so if he does think i have pcos will i have to have the hsg test? do doctors sometimes try clomid without this test? and could pcos cause blocked tubes.?

my chart

February 15th, 2007, 05:38 PM
Veteran
I'm not sure how much the test's will cost yet. I've had 3 ultrasounds done, and one hcg shot. I have another ultrasound next wed and possibly another hcg shot. I'm on my second round of clomid. The first round was 50 mg I got 5 pills for $37. This month I was changed to 100 mg. 10 pills cost the same as 5.

February 16th, 2007, 01:18 AM
Gina1978's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
i have heard clomid is about 50 bucks, but what about all the tests, how bad are they. will they let me have clomid if i don't cant afford hcg or whatever it is. i do think my problem is mainly with o'ing too late but who knows. also, do my tubes have to be clear since i concieved once.?[/b]
Im not in the US and I have no idea how much all the tests would cost..but what I can say is that Iv already sent out some Clomid to a member of JM because it´s too expensive in the US,and I would be glad to help you if you need it too..Here its 8euros for 10 50mg pills (thats $10),and it can be bought over the counter at any pharmacy.What I can say,is that if everything here were as expensive as it is in the US..I wouldent be able to afford to get pregnant..let alone have a baby
The tests they run whilst on Clomid vary from doctor to doctor.Some do u/s to check your ovaries throughout treatment.But my OB just does bloodwork twice a month and a u/s every trimester to check for cysts..thats it.

Thank you SO much for my new siggy Julia (Julka)!

February 16th, 2007, 03:51 AM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry I don't know how much an HSG is, I never saw a bill for that one... but I know they mentioned that an U/S would be around $125 and I've been paying around $40 for 10 50mg clomid pills. (And I'm in the U.S.)

I wish no one had to worry about costs.

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
February 16th, 2007, 05:44 AM
Astrid's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
A follicle scan should be able to detect whether you have too many cysts on your ovaries. This is normally done anywhere from CD 3-10 depending on your OB. Also, I rechecked the bill for the bloodwork & it cost $1500 for a full workup. You will have to get all your hormone levels checked & also a glucose/insulin test to confirm that you have PCOS. Just seeing too many cysts does not necessarily indicate PCOS. If your hormones are out of whack & you fail the insulin test, then chances are that you have PCOS. Hope this helps!

February 16th, 2007, 08:24 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Here's a run down of our costs so far. We have great insurance that pays for mostly everything, so these costs are not what we've paid.

Consult: $300
Initial u/s: $300
Initial bloodwork: $994.49
Office visit and u/s: $290
Estradiol/FSH bloodwork: $200
Deposit for LSC/HSC: $1500
medications(birth control pills, folic acid, prenatals, antibiotics) $75
Other lab work: $500

We'll be starting IUI stuff in two or three weeks, so I know the cost will only go up.

February 16th, 2007, 02:59 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I just bought my first round of clomid this month. 5 50mg pills cost me $25.

Quote:
so if he does think i have pcos will i have to have the hsg test? do doctors sometimes try clomid without this test?[/b]
I didn't have a hsg or a glucose/insulin test before starting clomid. I've had a blood tests to check my FSH, LH, prolactin, and TSH levels; one pelvic ultrasound, and two vaginal ultrasounds (they thought I might have a polyp), but that's it. I haven't seen my doc since early November and he had no trouble just prescribing clomid over the phone.

He's also not doing any testing on my while I'm taking the clomid. I'm just supposed to call if I get my period, or if I don't so I can induce it with prometrium and start the next round of clomid.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search