Getting close now!

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 16th, 2007, 08:10 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I had my pre-op appointment yesterday. I'm having laproscopy/hysteroscopy done next Thursday. My RE is just doing some exploring to make sure everything looks normal inside. After I finish my pill pack the following week, we are moving on my very first IUI cycle.

I am so excited!! I'm due to finish my pills on March 1st. The doc said that he is skipping Clomid completely and going straight for the injections.

Does anyone have any experience that they'd be willing to share? I'm really curious about how it will affect me, as we have no problems with conception or ovulation. I told the doctor that I'm not up for a litter of babies. One or two, tops. He assured me that he would not continue with the cycle if I end up with lots of follies.

Looks like IUI is just a few short weeks away!

February 16th, 2007, 08:59 AM
Blessedx3
I dont have any experience in this but i can say good luck hun!!!!!!! and BIG hugs for you! i hope it all goes smoothly and you get your bfp the first cycle!
February 16th, 2007, 10:54 AM
klfc28
GOOD LUCK!!

Have a speedy recovery!!
February 16th, 2007, 11:03 AM
Aidan's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to TheMommyProject
Yay, you're almost there... this is very exicting for you!

Have you had any discussion with your doctor of going IVF should you end up with lots of good follies? I know of cases where this has happened and instead of just stopping with the cycle completely, they go ahead in and retrieve all the good eggs, fertilize and transfer 1 or 2 back and freeze the rest for future attempts. I don't think this is required often, but maybe something to think about just in case you do react with more follicle growth then expected with the injectables.

I wish you tons of luck with the upcoming IUI cycle!

February 16th, 2007, 04:43 PM
Platinum Supermommy
Gillian~We haven't discussed that option with the doctor. I really am hoping to avoid IVF, just because of the cost. The insurance pays for mostly everything with the IUI, but not the IVF. I'm not shutting out the IVF option, just want to go the IUI option first.

February 16th, 2007, 05:11 PM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi,
I have done one cycle of IUI last july and Im set for one on Feb 27th. I ovulate on my own so my RE has me on clomid and estrodial for my IUI. I've had a very positive experience with IUI for me its almost exactly like a pap exam we are in and out in 10mins. With the clomid I had had 2 mature follicles and one that lagged just a little behind the other 2. Im not sure how many you will have with using injections. If you are concerned with getting to many follicles and you ovulate on your own you might consider using clomid.
I wish you the best of luck with your upcoming IUI!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search