Question about Clomid

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 17th, 2007, 07:01 PM
*Melissa*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to *Melissa*
SO, I have read that women trying to conceive on Clomid should not exceed 6 cycles of it's use. However, my question is, what if after 6 cycles, you research as to what else could have been the problem, realized it was something simple like your tubes being blocked and then are no longer able to go back onto Clomid to induce ovulation now that your all clear to conceive???
Or should you look into that after say, 4 attempts with Clomid unsuccesful, so that you have 2 cycles left to work with? Or can you actually exceed this 6 cycles barrier without causing any harm?
I'm very confused about all this... any insight would be nice. Thanks!!!
February 18th, 2007, 02:36 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Melissa- I was on clomid for 6mths.
They ideally like you to take a break after 3mths but i declined.
I think after 3cycles if you are not pg on clomid, the outlook is not very good.
Your body has got used of it and obviously something should of happened by then etc.
I have heard of some women taking a break after 6mths and then taking clomid again
after a few mths break though. That way the body is shocked again and it has more chance
of working KWIM?

Are you booked in for a HCG? Has DH been tested yet?

Sarah
February 18th, 2007, 08:32 AM
Gina1978's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I dont know what could happen after 6 months,but my OB doesnt want me to be on it for more than 4 I have 2 months of 50mg,2 months of 100mg,and then its on to the injections.
I didnt even O on my first month,so I am not optimistic about the next 3
I am more worried about why its not working than being on it for too long kwim?
I also worry more about what they´ll do if nothing makes me O..because after Clomid and injections,what is there left to do?

Thank you SO much for my new siggy Julia (Julka)!

February 18th, 2007, 12:15 PM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would really get an HSG done before starting anything. I had it done my first medicated cycle to make sure. Like you said, you don't want to spend your time and money only to realize later that you have blocked tubes.

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
February 18th, 2007, 02:09 PM
KittyMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to KittyMom Send a message via Yahoo to KittyMom
Clomid is pretty hard on your lining too so after so many months your lining would be too thin for a fertilized egg to implant anyhow.

<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">My Blog | My Chart</span>
I Love you forever, I Like you for always, As long as I'm living, my Daddy you will be
11/20/1939 - 05/31-2007</span>
[/b]</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search