Log In Sign Up

Spotting VERY lightly for 5 days now..but no AF?


Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
  #1  
February 18th, 2007, 03:14 PM
Gina1978's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Mallorca (Spain)
Posts: 8,652
Im on CD40 today..this cycle I took Clomid so expected for AF to come earlier than usual..but here I am,spotting for the past 5 days,and still nothing
I had some blood on Friday,but it was VERY light,only when I wiped,and just once..but then I go back to light brown spotting again.
At least I was cramping the other day,but even thats gone now! Is it normal to spot for so long when taking Clomid? Is AF on her way or is this AF? (it ceratiny not a flow..it just the lightest spotting and EWCM all mixed up) I am so confused and what makes things worse is that I need to know where I am because I have to have blood work done on CD4 and take Clomid again on CD5 and I dont know where I am in my cycle
I took an HPT on Friday (or thursday..I dont recall) and it was a BFN..Im so lost!
__________________


Thank you SO much for my new siggy Julia (Julka)!




Reply With Quote
  #2  
February 18th, 2007, 03:30 PM
Blessedx3
Guest
Posts: n/a
Quote:
Im on CD40 today..this cycle I took Clomid so expected for AF to come earlier than usual..but here I am,spotting for the past 5 days,and still nothing
I had some blood on Friday,but it was VERY light,only when I wiped,and just once..but then I go back to light brown spotting again.
At least I was cramping the other day,but even thats gone now! Is it normal to spot for so long when taking Clomid? Is AF on her way or is this AF? (it ceratiny not a flow..it just the lightest spotting and EWCM all mixed up) I am so confused and what makes things worse is that I need to know where I am because I have to have blood work done on CD4 and take Clomid again on CD5 and I dont know where I am in my cycle
I took an HPT on Friday (or thursday..I dont recall) and it was a BFN..Im so lost![/b]
okie dokie, here's what i can tell you from my experiences....

Clomid delayed my af from 5-7 days the first cycles i took it, i would say that i had a af like you desrcibe the first month i was on it. But that could also be IB (implantation bleeding) if you o'd late. I didnt read where it said if af was late for you or not..... if she is how late is she if its more than 5 days i would call your dr and go in for a blood pg test on mon.

I hth a little hun! good luck and let us know what you find out!!!!


Reply With Quote
  #3  
February 18th, 2007, 03:40 PM
Gina1978's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Mallorca (Spain)
Posts: 8,652
Quote:
Clomid delayed my af from 5-7 days the first cycles i took it, i would say that i had a af like you desrcibe the first month i was on it. But that could also be IB (implantation bleeding) if you o'd late. I didnt read where it said if af was late for you or not..... if she is how late is she if its more than 5 days i would call your dr and go in for a blood pg test on mon.[/b]
Well,I have no idea if Im late or not,because my cycles are so out of control that they are never the same length.Iv had three 50+day cycles,one 38 day cycle,one 20 day cycle..(you know what I mean right? )
Because I havent Od in all these months,my cycles are just totally unpredictable and out of control.So I wouldent know if I was late at all..
I have to go in for a progesterone test tommorow,but it takes 10 days for me to get the results for that...
I really dont feel that this is AF kwim? Theres hardly anything there..not even when I wipe,and its not even dark,its like a mustard colour..
__________________


Thank you SO much for my new siggy Julia (Julka)!




Reply With Quote
  #4  
February 18th, 2007, 06:17 PM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Sep 2006
Location: MA
Posts: 4,037
Ugh, Gina, I JUST dealt with that. I spotted for 5 days before AF FINALLY started. I too got a BFN, every other sign told me AF was coming and I was NOT pregnant, but my period was late by about 5 days! It drove me CRAZY!!!

So all I can say is that I HOPE AF shows for you soon. I was so relieved when she finally hit.
__________________



2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
Reply With Quote
  #5  
February 19th, 2007, 10:10 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Dec 2005
Location: ENGLAND
Posts: 5,158
Gina- I always had a nice light AF compared to the usual when i was on clomid.
I never spotted though. I think everyone takes to it differently though.
I would prob retest in 2 days if she has still not come full force.

Good luck!!

Sarah
__________________
Waiting for god to bless me with my 1st child when the time is right.
Reply With Quote
  #6  
February 19th, 2007, 10:48 AM
Gina1978's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Jul 2006
Location: Mallorca (Spain)
Posts: 8,652
Quote:
Gina- I always had a nice light AF compared to the usual when i was on clomid.
I never spotted though. I think everyone takes to it differently though.
I would prob retest in 2 days if she has still not come full force.

Good luck!!

Sarah [/b]
Thanks Sarah I always had super light AFs whilst on the pill,so Im guessing that it would be sort of the same since its due to the thin lining...but even then,I DID bleed kwim? It was light,but there was no questioning it was AF.
This isnt bleeding..its very light brown spotting (if you can call it spotting) and sometimes there is light blood when I wipe..but thats only happened twice in the week Iv been spotting.
__________________


Thank you SO much for my new siggy Julia (Julka)!




Reply With Quote
  #7  
February 19th, 2007, 03:43 PM
Astrid's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Join Date: Oct 2005
Location: Houston, TX
Posts: 27,408
I would def check w/ your dr but from what you are describing, I wouldn't consider it AF. It could very well be that you are having IB or O spotting since your cycles haven't been normal, it could be either. Do you temp by any chance? If not, I would recommend doing it in the future so you can find out when you Oed. In my experience w/ Clomid, it always thins my lining & thus my AF are extremely light w/ lots of spotting & only 1 day of real flow. This last AF was actually a "normal" one. I hope you get your answers soon!
__________________
Check out hEvan @ http://www.etsy.com/store/hEvan
for some great handmade items.
All proceeds go to a family struggling w/ infertility!



Reply With Quote
Reply

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search
Display Modes

Posting Rules
You may not post new threads
You may not post replies
You may not post attachments
You may not edit your posts

BB code is On
Smilies are On
[IMG] code is On
HTML code is Off
Trackbacks are Off
Pingbacks are Off
Refbacks are Off



All times are GMT -7. The time now is 02:28 AM.



Powered by vBulletin® Version 3.8.7
Copyright ©2000 - 2014, vBulletin Solutions, Inc.
Search Engine Optimization by vBSEO 3.6.0