Tubal recanalization

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 19th, 2007, 06:55 PM
KittyMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to KittyMom Send a message via Yahoo to KittyMom
Anyone had any success with having this done? My doctor has recommended starting with this, then waiting 3 months to see if I conceive on my own. No meds, no IUI, just TTC on our own. I still don't get it - we were all set to start IVF and now I feel like we have taken 10 steps backwards.

I am so depressed

edited to change it to tubal not yubal LOL

<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">My Blog | My Chart</span>
I Love you forever, I Like you for always, As long as I'm living, my Daddy you will be
11/20/1939 - 05/31-2007</span>
[/b]</div>
February 19th, 2007, 07:22 PM
Rina42308's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I just found out today my right tube is blocked. I feel so horrible. So defective. I am hoping this procedure is an option for me too. Let me know when you have it done or if you find any info about it.

Also may I ask, did your tubes become blocked after your little girl? Do you know how they got blocked?

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead
February 19th, 2007, 07:40 PM
Aidan's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to TheMommyProject
Quote:
Anyone had any success with having this done? My doctor has recommended starting with this, then waiting 3 months to see if I conceive on my own. No meds, no IUI, just TTC on our own. I still don't get it - we were all set to start IVF and now I feel like we have taken 10 steps backwards.

I am so depressed

edited to change it to tubal not yubal LOL [/b]
Geez... I'd be a bit frustrated if I were you too! Why the change in direction from your RE? Given your age (no jab...I'm right there with you sister lol), but I would think you should be on the aggressive side of things right now and not playing the "wait and see if it happens on it's own" routine.

February 19th, 2007, 07:58 PM
I am sorry you heard bad news today Norina (hug). I have no idea why my tubes are blocked. His exact verbiage was it's probably 'debris'. It could be scar tissue but I have never had an infection to my knowledge. NO reason for it at all but it does happen over time I guess.

I just don't get why IF this is the magical cure for my problems, why he wouldn't let me go with oral meds/trigger and IUI as he wanted me to a month ago. I am really confused, upset and I definitely feel like my chances are getting slimmer each and every day.

He even said for IVF I am not the best candidate because of my antral follicle count (which wasn't 7 it was 5). So I will have ot be on mega doses of meds and may find out I wasn't stimulated enough to get enough eggs. How waiting 3-4 months is going to improve that I have no idea.

I hear ya on the 'broken' feeling today

I Love you forever, I Like you for always, As long as I'm living, my Daddy you will be
[/b]</div>
February 20th, 2007, 04:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I have no issue with my tubes, but wanted to wish both you ladies good luck
wiht your procedures

Sarah
February 20th, 2007, 06:05 AM
ducky516's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry you're depressed. I can imagine how frustrating this is for you. I'll say an extra prayer for you that TTC on your own works this cycle so you don't have to mess with the other stuff. Hang in there!

Michelle

Thanks Kara for my awesome siggy!
February 20th, 2007, 07:16 PM
Kitty- If I were you (warning though, I have a BIG mouth) I would demand to know why your Dr is changing course? I woudle xpress my desires and feeling on the matter and ask for a VERY good reason why you can't do injectables AND IUI after your tubal recanalization. I hear you on the tic toc of the clock and I think your Dr needs to be made aware as well!

Good luck honey!

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead
February 20th, 2007, 07:49 PM
Quote:
Kitty- If I were you (warning though, I have a BIG mouth) I would demand to know why your Dr is changing course? I woudle xpress my desires and feeling on the matter and ask for a VERY good reason why you can't do injectables AND IUI after your tubal recanalization. I hear you on the tic toc of the clock and I think your Dr needs to be made aware as well!

Good luck honey![/b]
We did today. We went back and forth between another appointment (4 weeks out min) or emailing him since he has specifically responded ot emails previously. I actually had DH write it from a different, less emotional perspective and we wanted to let him know he is still the doctor, we are not second-guessing him etc. I am just not someone who sits on my butt and listens to the gospel I am told. I have to read and research to feel confident in my choices.

My ideal situation would be do the recanilization next month and start IVF in April. Why not start in March if we plan on IVF? Well in case I am a poor responder (he thinks I might be) then we could switch mid-cycle to IUI rather than throwing the whole cycle away. I can't do that if I have blocked tubes but I can even if they get one tube opened. I wish I had thought it through more before we'd emailed but regardless, I am glad we finally did it rather than questioning what the heck was the change for. Now we sit and wiat and see if we caused ourselves more grief by questioning this again or not. I am hoping for the 'or not' LOL.

How are you doing today hun? I know that feeling like the floor just caved out from under your feet hearing news like that (((HUGS))).

[/b]</div>
February 20th, 2007, 08:32 PM
I'm glad you were able to ask your questions. it's important to get all those thoughts out and on the table. Yes he's the Dr but this is a joint effort...a team of sorts. he knows a lot medically but you...YOU know your body, your desires, what you want to undergo. That is something no Dr can tell you.

So I'm not sure I understood the outcome? Are you doing the procedure still and then doing IVF in April?

I'm doing ok today. Speaking with the nurse practicioner helped. it looks like our plan is the same be it one tube or 2...they'll just make sure I am Oing in the "good" side before we get through the cycle.

February 21st, 2007, 10:23 AM
Quote:
I'm glad you were able to ask your questions. it's important to get all those thoughts out and on the table. Yes he's the Dr but this is a joint effort...a team of sorts. he knows a lot medically but you...YOU know your body, your desires, what you want to undergo. That is something no Dr can tell you.

So I'm not sure I understood the outcome? Are you doing the procedure still and then doing IVF in April?

I'm doing ok today. Speaking with the nurse practicioner helped. it looks like our plan is the same be it one tube or 2...they'll just make sure I am Oing in the "good" side before we get through the cycle.[/b]
We don't know yet - he hasn't responded to us yet

[/b]</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search