More bad news...

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 19th, 2007, 08:26 PM
Rina42308's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Today I had the HSG done. It wasn't my RE who did it, he sent me to the radiology dept at a hospital to have it done. They found that my right tube is blocked. I have no clue what's next but it's looking from my research so far that one procendure called a fallopian tube recanalisation might work if it's just mucous plugging it. But if it's not my chances of getting pg just went done drastically and IVF may be are only option....however I don't know how that's even an option because we don't have the $$ for that. I could ask my parents but I don't know how they will react to all this...they don't know we've been trying or how I've been feeling. I know I will cry if I tell them which will make my dad hand over money (he hates it when I cry) but I know I will feel awful if it didn't work and we waste their money that way. I also know what kind of pressure I would be under too if I used their money for this...the stress would just be immense. I don't know what we are going to do.

I will call the Re's office tomorrow and talk with the NP about this and see what she says.

3 m/c's, 5 surgeries, 2 years of ttc, 1 unsuccessful IUI, just to find this out. I am frustrated too because I was the one who insited on this test. If I hadn't requested it it wouldn't have been done.

I feel so horrible. I just feel ugly and defective and so very sad right now.

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead
February 19th, 2007, 08:37 PM
Aidan's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to TheMommyProject
I'm so sorry Norina... I know how tough this news is to take and I can totally relate to that feeling of being "broken".

But, you have to stay strong... you have it in you to do so. Once you get a chance to talk to your RE and set a plan in motion, that will be the first step to picking up and moving on.

Try as best you can to focus on the what positives there are... you have one tube that is not blocked, which means you're not necessarily in need of IVF just yet. Plus, it sounds like a possibility of clearing up that right tube still exists.

Hang in there and keep your eye on the prize! I know it's been a tough go for you, but I just know it will all be worth it in the end for you.

February 19th, 2007, 08:51 PM
*Melissa*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to *Melissa*
oh, sweetie, I'm so sorry I'm so proud of you for taking the initiative though, and asking them to give you that test. Imagine if they never did it??!! It is so important to be our own advocate. You are doing a great job! And atleast now you know WHY you weren't getting pregnant before, so now you can just get the tube all cleared out and you will be good to go!!! Feel better hun , I'm here for you if you need to talk. And just know that I'm praying for you, RIGHT NOW infact. For wisdom, and knowledge for the doctors, and a peace , in knowing that everything will be ok.

<>< Melissa
February 19th, 2007, 08:57 PM
Thank you both. melissa- I do see that God gave me the wisdom to ask for the test so perhaps He is setting me in motion for my baby afterall....You're prayers are appreciated and needed. Thank you!

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead
February 19th, 2007, 08:59 PM
KittyMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to KittyMom Send a message via Yahoo to KittyMom
I am so sorry hun - I don't have any great words for you right now, just wnated to send some hugs your way.

<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">My Blog | My Chart</span>
I Love you forever, I Like you for always, As long as I'm living, my Daddy you will be
11/20/1939 - 05/31-2007</span>
[/b]</div>
February 19th, 2007, 09:24 PM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry you got bad news. I have heard of people with one open tube doing ovulation induction in order to increase their chances by getting one or two follicles on their "good" side. I hope you find something that works for you.

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~
February 20th, 2007, 05:19 AM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am so sorry. I know it definetly wasnt the kind of news you were expecting to hear. ((HUGS)) Keep your hopes up though, it sounds like you have options of cleaning it out. It might just be all you need to get that BFP.

February 20th, 2007, 05:59 AM
Daniellea22's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to Daniellea22
i am so sorry norina. your post made me so sad. none of this is your fault and you deserve a baby SO bad..have you looked at other insurance companies? where dh works a few of the other choices we have for insurance covered IVF and we were going to switch if need be. Hang in there honey, you will find a way to get your baby!!
February 20th, 2007, 06:45 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jlo1019
Hang in there sweetie. It sounds like it might be possible to unblock that one tube. Keep your thoughts positive and pray.... I know you are in the right direction. Keep us updated!!

February 20th, 2007, 07:23 AM
ducky516's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry about your news. I hope they're unable to block the tube for you. I don't know you or your parents, but should you need to go to them for help, I'm sure they wouldn't want you to put so much pressure on yourself. I hope things start going better for you very soon!

Thanks Kara for my awesome siggy!
February 20th, 2007, 07:37 AM
Blessedx3
I feel so horrible. I just feel ugly and defective and so very sad right now.
[/quote]

You are far far from ugly, and defective!!!! I understnad feeling sad, i could imagine how upseting the results from your hsg must have made you feel. I hope that something somewhere will "give" for you soon and everything will turn out to be just the way it should be..! HUGS to you hun! and can i jsut add its soo not fair that your having to go through this!!!!!!!
February 20th, 2007, 08:23 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Your post just made me want to cry! Like Starry said, you are anything but ugly and defective. In reading through the posts on this board, you have definitely been a bright light for everyone here. While I am sure this is a disheartening set back, I have no doubt that you will have a baby. Until then, please don't be so hard on yourself.....As I hope you can tell, you have a lot of people pulling for you!
February 20th, 2007, 09:46 AM
Daisee37's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Awww, I'm so sorry about your results! It's awful getting bad news, but like other women have already said, it's great that you made them do this test! The sooner they know what's wrong, the faster you're on your way to having that baby. I've heard from a lot of women who have had their tubes successfully unblocked, so don't lose hope yet!!! Also, if you still have one good tube, then IUI is still a very viable option. You wouldn't have to jump to IVF just yet.

As far as the $$$ thing goes, I totally understand. We just lost our insurance coverage so I've been freaking out for 2 days now trying to figure out how we're going to pay for our cycles. My parents fortunately have said they'd help us, but I don't want to take their money, so we're in a very similar situation as you are. I hope it works out for the both of us!

Eva

August 2012 December 2012
February 20th, 2007, 12:05 PM
Miles
I am so sorry hun. Keep faith that everything will work out the way it should hun.
February 20th, 2007, 12:11 PM
Leigha24's Avatar Mega Super Mommy

The girls do have a point, there is still one unblocked, plus doctors can unblock tubes as well. Oh the medical advancements we have now a days!

Keep hope, sending hugs and prayers your way..

Thank you *Kiliki* for my beautiful sig!!!

February 20th, 2007, 02:12 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to ksauter
Oh hun, I'm soo sorry. Lots and lots of great big grizzly bear hugs to you.
Starting adoption classes!! Finally getting the process started
IUI #3 BFN
1 laporoscopy, 1 mc, 6mo's of clomid, 3 mo's of injections and IUI's
countless blooddraws and ultrasounds. Hopefully a BFP soon!!
Kelly 29 and JD 29 adopting #1 (or maybe two)
February 20th, 2007, 04:12 PM
Super Mommy
Oh Norina.. I finally got back online.. I was too bummed to stop by JM in awhile.. and I'm SOO sorry bout your finding... but you FOUND it!! and now you know perhaps THE reason why ttc is such a obsticle right now..

I know the feeling of dispair and ugly-ness all too well.. and it stinks big time. but all this is another step closer to a BFP..

my sister in law had one fallopian tube, she's 39 ttc #1 and she did au'natural.. so there's hope for us yet!!!

chin up, margarita in hand..

February 20th, 2007, 06:09 PM
Thank you all for your words of encouragement. It has helped.

I talked with the NP today at the RE's office. They haven't gotten the formal report back yet but she wanted to call and "put me at ease some" she said that more often then not a tube will spasm and appear closed. She said they will have a better idea of what's going on when they actually read the report. She said 1 tube is all we need and that even if the right is blocked we will go pon and do the injectable meds next month. She said that they will monitor to make sure I am o-ing on the left side when we do the meds. She also said that a tubal recanalization (procedure to open it because I asked) isn't something the RE likes to do because it isn't all that successful (I read that) and also becaise of the spasming thing that they will get a woman into the OR open her up just to find that the tube isn't really blocked afterall but because she is now relaxed it's fine. So she'll call me and go over the results as soon as she gets them she said.

It was good at least to talk to her and hear not all hope is lost.

I'll let you know how the conversation goes once that report is in.

Thank you all, again.

February 20th, 2007, 07:08 PM
Astrid's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ok, I am going to be the bearer of GOOD news! It doesn't matter if 1 tube is blocked b/c often times the egg will find its way into the tube that isn't even if it has to go to the opposite side. It may take the body a cycle or 2 to adjust but it often happens. Don't you get down on me!!! Even if you were to only get an egg into the tube every other month, the IUI can be planned accordingly & you won't have to go straight to IVF. Remember the talk you had w/ your accupuncturist???? Don't stress & keep believing that everything will go the right way from here on out! I'm here for you ANYTIME!!!!

February 20th, 2007, 07:57 PM
Thank you Astrid. That info has me feeling a bit better already.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search