excersising

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 20th, 2007, 01:15 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to ksauter
I just wondered if excersising is ok after an IUI? I know probably not to much or heavy lifting but my DH doesn't want me to at all. He is afraid I'll knock the little bean right our before it can even implant. Thats if there is one!!!
Starting adoption classes!! Finally getting the process started
IUI #3 BFN
1 laporoscopy, 1 mc, 6mo's of clomid, 3 mo's of injections and IUI's
countless blooddraws and ultrasounds. Hopefully a BFP soon!!
Kelly 29 and JD 29 adopting #1 (or maybe two)
February 20th, 2007, 01:32 PM
Aidan's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to TheMommyProject
I know that after IVF, I'm told to "take it easy", but to return to a pretty normal routine for the most part. Definitely no lifting or carrying of heavy things... they specifically say no vacuuming (I like that one!). I would think it should be similar for IUI.

I myself get very paranoid and try to minimize all my activities. I figure any little thing that may help, why not?

February 20th, 2007, 01:59 PM
Quote:
I just wondered if excersising is ok after an IUI? I know probably not to much or heavy lifting but my DH doesn't want me to at all. He is afraid I'll knock the little bean right our before it can even implant. Thats if there is one!!![/b]
Hey girl,

That is so sweet or your DH!!! Well, this is my 2nd time around so I am going to try to pretend it has not happened that way I am not driving myself crazy for two weeks!!!! I am 2 days in. Keep letting us know what is going on with you!!! Baby dust your way!!!
February 20th, 2007, 02:23 PM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I would take it easy. Maybe a walk around the block or in a park...its not to strenous and its relaxing!!

February 20th, 2007, 02:33 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jlo1019
I read that its not good for any strenuous exercise if you are trying to ovulate. That was just "in general" so I can imagine with IUI there would be some restrictions.

I've been trying to lose weight so last month I was exercising a lot, i.e., jogging and high-end aerobics. This month I've taken it down a few notches and I've been only exercising 3 times a week vs 5 and then I'm just walking and "quick walking" rather than other heavy stuff. I'm hoping it will help my progesterone numbers more. I'm not going to be exercising for the next few days because I think I'm ovulating.

I hope all that endless talking helped you come to your conclusion!

February 20th, 2007, 05:33 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to ksauter
Thanks so much ladies!! I will have to nix the tae boe and start walking!!! I need to do something I always feel so much better when I exercise in the AM it gets me going!!
Starting adoption classes!! Finally getting the process started
IUI #3 BFN
1 laporoscopy, 1 mc, 6mo's of clomid, 3 mo's of injections and IUI's
countless blooddraws and ultrasounds. Hopefully a BFP soon!!
Kelly 29 and JD 29 adopting #1 (or maybe two)

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search