Breast u/s

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 21st, 2007, 06:48 AM
ducky516's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just got back from my breast ultrasound and the technician said she didn't see anything to be concerned about. So that's good news! I'm still a little confused because the doctor called me yesterday and said she wants me to see a surgeon for a second opinion. I appreciate the caution...but what's a surgeon going to do if they can't find anything?

Unrelated vent....it looks like our BD timing was off this cycle....accordng to FF I O'd 4 days earlier than last cycle.

Thanks Kara for my awesome siggy!
February 21st, 2007, 06:51 AM
Aidan's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to TheMommyProject
This is great news on your u/s! I'm not sure either why they would want you to see the surgeon anyway, but I'd rather err on the side of caution with something like this and another set of eyes can never hurt.

February 21st, 2007, 08:32 AM
Quote:
This is great news on your u/s! I'm not sure either why they would want you to see the surgeon anyway, but I'd rather err on the side of caution with something like this and another set of eyes can never hurt.[/b]
Thanks for the support Gillian! Hopefully after they get the full u/s results they'll change their mind. If not, I'll go let one more person feel me up LOL

February 21st, 2007, 09:11 AM
klfc28
I saw your post and just had to pop back in and see how it went.

Glad that everything looked good on the scan!! Its probably best to see the surgeon as a cautionary, they are going to be the best to determine how it feels and looks from the scans. They have the most experience in seeing and feeling up close and personal and removing them as well. The others don't get that real hands on experience like the surgeons do.

Just make sure you go to a really really good one. Do the research. Talk with people. I found out the hard way of the difference between a good surgeon and one of the best surgeons in the country. I had my knee operated on twice. First one was a good doc and surgeon, I really liked him. Great bedside manners. But I had complications afterwards that caused me to need a second surgery. This was extensive surgery. I had just moved to Cali, so I asked my uncle for a referral since he has worked at the same hospital for 20 yrs. He directed me to one of the top ranked surgeons in the country. He didn't even second guess needing the surgery. It was surger or barely be able to walk when I am 40. Where my first surgeon debated me needing it. And I had little problems afterwards and its doing great. His bedside manners are not that great, but his skills make up for it.

Just wanted to share some insight that I gained the hard way. And just want you to get the best treatment and information as possible.

Good luck!!!
February 21st, 2007, 09:47 AM
Thank you so much for sharing your experience. I'll be sure to keep that in mind!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search