Surgery is over

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 23rd, 2007, 05:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Ok, ladies! I made it through safe and sound. Yesterday was a little rough, but I'm feeling better this morning. I'm having some minor discomfort around my belly button. The majority of my pain is vaginal due to my lichen sclerosis. He had some trouble "accessing my area" because of the LS. In the process, he pretty much mutilated things down there.

They found two or three cysts, a few polyps, possible endometriosis, and a sizable septum. Everything has been removed, after some difficulty. He couldn't get my cervix to dilate and then once he did, he couldn't get it to close.

He sent all of my goodies out to be biopsied and hopefully all will be well. I'm stressing a bit over the endo-looking stuff. I guess because I've already been through cancer. Any possiblilty scares me. He also said that before I can even think about getting pg, they will have to put a cerclage in. Don't ask how that's going to work! LOL I don't even know.

I have to have another hysteroscopy done in Early April to make sure everything is healing as it should be. Then we can go on to our first IUI.

In short, here is a list of my reproductive issues:

recurrent miscarriage
lichen schlerosis (preventing me from having intercouse)
cervical weakness (due to cancer removal)
polyps (removed)
cysts (removed)
endo (removed)
septum (removed)
Factor V
MTHFR

The good news is, my tubes are clear and now my uterus is squeaky clean!

Thanks so much for keeping me in your prayers! We are one step closer!

February 23rd, 2007, 05:23 AM
Aidan's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to TheMommyProject
Yay I'm glad your surgery is over and done with!

I forgot to mention the sore belly button thing to you earlier... that's the most lingering of the after surgery symptoms and can take a good few weeks to fully heal.

I hope the possible endometriosis turns out not to be because it can be brutal and frustrating since it just keeps coming back. I have stage 4 (as bad as it gets) and it is super painful, especially during AF. I kept mine surpressed for years by being on BCP shots, but since I've been TTC'ing it's been getting progressively worse again.

I liked your good news though... clear tubes and all cleaned out! I'm hoping your IUI in April will be your sticky BFP cycle!

February 23rd, 2007, 05:43 AM
ducky516's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm glad you're feeling better today and hope that all your results come out good!

Thanks Kara for my awesome siggy!
February 23rd, 2007, 06:25 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am so glad your surgery is over and went as well as expected

You will soon be having that IUI and posting your BFP here

Good luck with everything else.

Sarah
February 23rd, 2007, 06:36 AM
greenchild's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Glad to hear you got good news about your tubes! Hope you're feeling better soon!
February 23rd, 2007, 06:48 AM
KittyMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to KittyMom Send a message via Yahoo to KittyMom
Hope you get to put your feet up for a few days! What a day for you - it is really great news that, as my doctor refers to it 'your plumbing pipes' are all squeaky clean

<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">My Blog | My Chart</span>
I Love you forever, I Like you for always, As long as I'm living, my Daddy you will be
11/20/1939 - 05/31-2007</span>
[/b]</div>
February 23rd, 2007, 07:17 PM
Astrid's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Mindy ~ I'm happy to hear things are finally over & that you can begin to heal & hopefully find the road that leads to pgcy. I'll keep you in my prayers as you heal. Keep taking it easy!

February 25th, 2007, 09:14 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Thanks, everyone, for the kind words. I'm feeling so much better today. I've been trying to get up and around, get things normalized without over doing it. I'm still having a fair amount of bleeding, but nothing excessive.

The RE called to check in on me last night. He was really optimistic about things. He attributes my multiple miscarriages to the deep septum that he found. Now that it's all taken care of, he thinks we will be pregnant in no time!

I started taking my estrogen tabs and will be starting progesterone supplements in a few weeks.

Thanks again for keeping me in your thoughts!

February 25th, 2007, 10:18 AM
lunarmagic's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh goodness that is a long list. I hope everything comes back just fine and you can get on with healing and hopefully having a baby. I'm so sorry you have to deal with so much.

2 IVF babies and 1 surprise!
~*~ My Blog ~*~

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search