I'm so depressed right now

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 23rd, 2007, 06:11 PM
Daisee37's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
So DH was supposed to drive back from MN tonight so I could see him this weekend, but I just got a call from him and he said it started snowing really badly so he turned around and isn't coming. I know it's really selfish of me to be so upset, since what matters most is that he is safe, but I'm just really depressed that now I won't get to see him until next weekend. I actually got MAD at him! I hung up on him after he told me! I know it's stupid and that I am being selfish and just inconsiderate, but I can't help it... I'm so upset. Things have just been so stressful lately and I have this huge exam coming up on Monday and I just really wanted and needed to see him. Am I being really dumb right now?

August 2012 December 2012
February 23rd, 2007, 06:46 PM
*Melissa*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to *Melissa*
oh sweetie, you aren't being dumb at all. You are just frustrated... I'm sure he is just as upset about not being able to see you too. After you relax a bit you should just call him back and let him know you understand, and that you are glad he is safe. Men always look forward to coming home when we butter them up
I'm sorry you feel so stressed latley. Go take a warm bubble bath and watch a good movie. I hope you feel better Eva!!
February 23rd, 2007, 06:51 PM
Astrid's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
No, dumb isn't even something you should consider. You are a wife that needs her husband. There is nothing wrong w/ that. I'm sure if your DH had the powers to stop the snow, he would to be there by your side. Sometimes we act before we think & then regret it retrospectively. I'm sure that he understands your frustration. Keep that chin up hun!

February 23rd, 2007, 06:54 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jlo1019
No you are not being dumb hon. We are all allowed to our emotions! I hope you feel better soon. I agree with Melissa that you should take a bubble bath and relax. Good luck on your exam too!

February 24th, 2007, 06:29 AM
Daisee37's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Thanks ladies. I talked to him again and at least I was a little less mad. But I'm still really depressed. It's just hard when I got my hopes up so high to see him and now I won't get to see him for another week. It's so annoying... I was fine all week, but NOW I'm getting lonely and sad. I think it's just because I was expecting to see him. Also, now I'm afraid that all this stress is going to ruin this cycle. Between being sad he's not here, stressed about my exam, and just sort of out of it, I just don't feel good about this cycle at all. Which, of course, makes me more stressed and sad. Ugh.

August 2012 December 2012
February 24th, 2007, 06:46 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Eva, it is COMPLETELY understandable if you are getting upset and annoyed.
You are going through a very hard time right now.
A lot of stress all at once.

I truly hope things get better for you and that you are posting that bfp here soon

I am glad you sorted it out with DH. We always lash out at those closest to us.
That is human nature

((HUGS))

Hope you feel better soon hun.

Sarah
February 24th, 2007, 08:34 AM
Rina42308's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
(((Eva))) it is understandable that you are so sad right now. When I'm feeling depresed, frustrated, etc. the way I show it is usually through anger and I have done similar things like hang up on DH for something he can't control. Right now, ttc makes us feel so out of control, that when something liek the weather happens, we feel like the universe is just against us!

Remember the meds you took this month and keep in perspective that those are also cointributing to your feelings right now. So that on top of the exam, not seeing Dh, wondering if this cycle is it,,,,your feelings are justified.

It is a vicious cycle. We don't want to be stressed in case we are pg but that is the exact reason why we are stressed. What helps you when you feel this way? Spend somet ime reflecting and getting those feelings out. Bottling them up won't be good for you but letting them out will be. I find journaling to be a release, and so is crying. Do waht you need to do to feel better. I know it won't be perfect because DH is there but you have it in you to get over this hump.

We're here for you.

Love,

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead
February 24th, 2007, 09:06 AM
greenchild's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I hope you're feeling better soon!
It is so frustrating when something you've really, really been looking forward to gets taken away from you!

I have to say I am glad your DH made the decision to be safe; I'm in this storm in southern MN right now and let me tell you, it's not pretty. We haven't gotten all the snow that's forcasted yet, but we have about 2 inches of ice so far and it's still coming down, combined with really high winds, so travel is not something anyone should be doing right now. And this crap is supposed to last until possibly Monday night!
I know you will see him soon . Take care and try not to stress too much. You know he's safe, and that's good!
February 24th, 2007, 12:15 PM
Aidan's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to TheMommyProject
Eva,

I'm so sorry your weekend plans with DH got messed up. I completely understand you feeling sad about it and even taking it out on him a bit. I'm sure he will understand and I'm betting you've already talked to him since then and it's blown over.

I hope you're feeling not quite so sad today and that the snow stays away for you next weekend!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search