had my post-op appt

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 26th, 2007, 02:55 PM
greenchild's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
ok, so I'm back from my post-op. The HCG's have dropped to 7, so I'm pretty sure that means I'm out!

Sad thing was, I had to argue with the nurse to get the results! She was adamant that I was calling too early (because of course they weren't ready at the time of the appt!!! ) and that my labwork was NOT sent to the hospital's lab, but to their regular lab so I should get the results the next day. I argued with her up and down and finally she agreed to check. First she says, oh they're 1770. I said, are you SURE????? That's the same # as the day of my surgery 2 weeks ago! please check again! Oh, she says, sorry. I guess they are at 7.
The dr did say that everything looked really good inside, no scar tissue or anything. He expected to see all sorts of scar tissue all over the place giving me a reason to have another ectopic, but there's none.

UGH! You would think that if the HCG's that low I wouldn't have pg symptoms anymore. Now I wonder when AF will show. I don't think last week's light brown spotting was AF; it was really, really, really super light. And I really don't understand why I would spot after bd'ing, that's extremely rare for me. Well anyway, now we have to try and come up with about $25,000 for a 3-time session of IVF, unless we want to just try one time for around $12000. You know that saying that if you wait until you can afford kids you'll never have them? Seems a little more relavent now!

Okay, now I want to cry . . .
February 26th, 2007, 06:39 PM
*Melissa*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to *Melissa*
aw, sweetie, I'm so sorry... That sounds so frustrating, and I know a lot of women here that could probably relate to all the crap your going through. I'll be prayin' for you hun, that you will have wisdom in knowing what steps to take next to get your little one....
February 26th, 2007, 06:45 PM
Astrid's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Don't lose hope! The $25000 will some how magically appear. You may have to cut back on several other things in life & wait to have a new car for another 10 years BUT it will all be worth it in the end. Remember, keep dreaming & you will see them come true!

February 26th, 2007, 08:27 PM
Aidan's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to TheMommyProject
I'm so sorry... I hope that you have success with the IVF and that you're able to sort through the financial side of it as well.

Keep the faith and stay strong!

February 27th, 2007, 05:04 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I'm so sorry. I'm sure that you'll find a way to come up with the money for the IVF.

I'll keep you in my thoughts and prayers.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search