IUI thursday

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 27th, 2007, 09:48 AM
Super Mommy
well, i give myself the trigger shot tonight and have my IUI thursday morning.

how soon after the trigger shot should you have the iui? i thought they were closer together than that.

i went in for my 12 day ultrasound. i only have one mature follicle. it was pretty big, though.

i thought i would have more than that. has anyone had success with just one follicle? the dr. also said that my uterus lining seemed a little thin, but that clomid can cause that. I will start taking progesterone suppositories in four days. Will they help the lining? Is the thinness only a concern with implantation?

i'm stressing out about this whole thing. i really, really want it to work.

i'm about to make DH crazy. the clomid is making me evil.

sorry for all the questions.

any advice????
February 27th, 2007, 11:40 AM
Aidan's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to TheMommyProject
I'm so excited for you that your IUI is in a couple of days!

I have not gone through this procedure myself, so no first hand experience here. However, some of what I went through with IVF may apply.

I can tell you that with IVF the trigger shot is always given 36 hours prior to the egg retrieval. I would assume that same timing would apply for IUI and if you're doing your shot tonight and the procedure on Thursday morning, then you're at 36 hours too.

As far as the thickness of lining, that is normally boosted by estrogen intake and not progesterone. The thickness of your lining should already be in it's desired state (8mm or thicker) by the time you ovulate. The progesterone starts after ovulation (or in the case of IVF after transfer or in the case of IUI after the procedure).

Try not to stress too much, if possible. Sounds like you have one really nice follicle there and it only takes one to be THE one!

Good luck... sending tons of positive vibes your way.

February 27th, 2007, 11:50 AM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi,
I just had my 2nd IUI today w/clomid and a trigger shot. My RE has me take estrogen days 8-12 to help build up my lining after the clomid. And yes the thinner the lining the harder it is for an egg to implant but it doesnt sound like your RE was too worried so it probably wasnt to thin for an egg to implant in. I had my trigger shot yesterday at 10:30 and my IUI was today at 10:30. I also had only one follicle but it was pretty big a little over 20. Dont stress too much over only having one.

February 27th, 2007, 12:31 PM
Platinum Supermommy
I am sooo excited for you!!

Good luck for thursday and im sending you a ton of *babydust*

Sarah

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search