How the heck am i going to lose the weight?

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 27th, 2007, 11:35 AM
Platinum Supermommy
I am panicking about my weight loss for our IVF now.
I still have a LOT to lose as i have felt so low and been comfort eating.
I am so desperate to start treatment end March/April and im worried how i will lose the weight.
I have had ages to lose it and feel so ashamed that i have not lost it

Having a baby is the most importnat thing in my life, but i struggle so much with wilpower.
How will i lose that much weight so quickly??

Would the Dr still do it with my being so overweight??

Sarah
February 27th, 2007, 12:19 PM
ducky516's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I don't know any of the details of IVF, so I can't help you there. You shouldn't beat yourself up about this though.

Of course I'd talk to my doctor first about this, but I've done the low-carb diet for quite sometime and have had success losing weight. Its an adjustment the first two weeks, but after that it's not so hard because your cravings are gone. The weight does come off fast! It's not no-carb, it's just making sure you get carbs from the right foods. My DH and I change our lifestyle and do this most of the time now. We do make exceptions for birthdays or special occasions. Now if I were to get a BFP, I would absolutely add more carbs to my diet....but I'd do that with whole grains, instead of refined carbs. Low carb + excercize and you'll see results fast. I lost 11 lbs the first two weeks.

This is just my experience, but I wouldn't do anything without talking to your doctor. I don't want to force low-carb on anyone, as it's a choice. But if you want more info, feel free to PM me.

Don't be so hard on yourself about the past...you can only change the future

Thanks Kara for my awesome siggy!
February 27th, 2007, 01:13 PM
KittyMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to KittyMom Send a message via Yahoo to KittyMom
I would do the 6 week body makeover. It's strict as heck but it works. Last yr I lost over 40 lbs on it - 23 in 6 weeks. It's expensive to buy but I have everything and can email it to you if you want it.

<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">My Blog | My Chart</span>
I Love you forever, I Like you for always, As long as I'm living, my Daddy you will be
11/20/1939 - 05/31-2007</span>
[/b]</div>
February 27th, 2007, 01:59 PM
bargdill's Avatar Veteran
i hate to answer these and act like i know it all but weight watchers has really worked for me. i have lost almost 40 lbs in 1 months and it was not hard at all. i also have been motivated by wqanting another baby baecause my pcos were making my cycles almost disapear. you can do ww online if you don't want to go to meetings but i like to go because sometimes i lose my motivation. start with
a smaller goal like 5 pounds and once you get there you will be exctited to move on to the next goal. hth.......!

my chart

February 28th, 2007, 08:34 AM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to Fpena128
I am so sorry you have been so frustrated. I've been there as well. I had to lose 40 pounds after my 3rd m/c and it was very hard. I ate 5 to 6 small meals a day ( healthy meals) and snacked on fruits and special k bars. My breakfast included 5 egg whites w/ veg. and turkey. I had grill chicken on a pita or salad for lunch. I had chicken or fish for dinner w/ veg and salad. I drank green tea after 7:30pm so I wouldn't snack on food. The most important thing I did was work out! In the begining I did the TYBO tapes which helped ALOT! Then I went back to the gym. It did work for me but you have to find your own style of diet and exercise. I wish you the best of luck!
February 28th, 2007, 03:29 PM
Astrid's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I have also had success w/ the low carb diet as it is now a lifestyle change for me due to being insulin resistant AND having PCOS. Metformin may help you out & you may want to talk to your dr about prescribing it to you. Many times, when insulin is high, it causes the body to over produce testosterone & throw every other hormone imaginable out of whack. By controling the insulin, your carb cravings will go away, you will gain more energy, and not be nearly as hungry. Combine that w/ a lower carb diet AND you WILL see the weight melt off. I eat b/t 135-165 grams per day & lost 6 lbs in 2 weeks. I wasn't even trying to lose weight as that wasn't an issue BUT the extra weight off has made life much better!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search