Questions...

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
February 28th, 2007, 06:50 PM
J.E.N.N.'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
So, I went to the bathroom around 5 and had some brownish CM..Which I am thinking AF is coming...hopefully tonight...I am supposed to start Clomid on day 5 so what so I count as day 1?...The first day I start really spotting or the day I actually need a tampon....and then I have to go get my progesterone checked on any day CD 16 -19....Is it better to get it checked on the earlier side like CD 16 or later...I will be leaving town on Cd 16 if I start tomorrow...and wil be back on CD 19 so would it be better to get it checked the day I leave or the day I get back...

Sorry for all the questions..I dont know anyone whos been on Clomid to ask...

Thanks!
February 28th, 2007, 06:56 PM
*Melissa*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to *Melissa*
cd 1 is when you see red blood. As for the progesterone question, I'm confused because cd16-19 seems really early to check your progesterone, Especially if you are taking clomid cd 5-9. I normally don't even O until around cd 18 on clomid days 3-7 and they always have me go in two weeks after my last pill (cd21) So, im not quite sure what to tell ya. Good luck though!!!! I hope you O and get your BFP!!!
February 28th, 2007, 07:14 PM
see im so confused...My doc actually told me to take it CD 6-10 and then get Prog. checked CD 16-19..which dosent seem to match up with anyone else!..So I was just going to change it and take my Clomid CD 5-9 like other people seeem to do...but I dont know...and he started me on 100 MG instead of 50 which I thought was weird b/c they normally start u on 50 first...Im so confused!
February 28th, 2007, 07:26 PM
yea, i can totally see why you are confused. You should call him tomarow and ask him why he has you taking Clomid on those days, and why he wants to test your progesterone so early. Who knows, he might have a valid reason, it just seems very contrary to everything my doctor has told me. I'm assuming that he is testing your progesterone to see if the clomid worked and helped you ovulate, but i don't see how checking it that early would work because your progesterone takes a while to peak after ovulation. Do you already ovulate on your own?
I don't 'O' on my own, and My doc started me out on 50 mg and my prog. levels having been suggesting that I am ovulating, so if i were you i would try to start on the lowest dose possible. Goodluck sweetie.
February 28th, 2007, 07:47 PM
Yeah its all confusing...I havent actually even had a period...He gave me pills to start it and once it starts I start the Clomid..So, I can see my stages being alittle different cause I havent heard anyone who has had the same situtation as me...and nope since I havent had a AF im not oing on my own...I will try giving them a call tomorrow to clarifiy...I have an amazing doc.. The best in my town and he specializes in Fertility issues..Hopefully Im going about all this right...Thanks for all the help!!
February 28th, 2007, 08:50 PM
That's awesome that you have such a great doctor. I think my situation is actually very close to yours. I was having very irregular periods like 40 days long. Then all asudden i just skipped a month, i didn't even start, so he gave me progesterone supplements to start my period back up, and then i started clomid. So far so good, now i just gotta catch that eggie when i ovulate, and hope there is not another problem in the equation.
Anyways, goodluck to you sweeite! I hope you find the answers you need, and get your bfp real soon.
February 28th, 2007, 09:29 PM
Thanks!! Good Luck to u too!!
March 2nd, 2007, 08:37 AM
StephaniePaige's Avatar Live.Laugh.Love.
Send a message via AIM to StephaniePaige
Jen you sound like me too. I wasn't getting a period or anything, and I had to take the progesterone to start AF and then 50 of Clomid on days 5-9....i get my levels checked on day 21.

i'm sure your doc has his reasons, but i would want to know what they are too.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search