Well I guess I can join you now...

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 1st, 2007, 02:59 PM
*TornadoJenn*'s Avatar Jenn's the name
Send a message via AIM to *TornadoJenn*
Hopefully ya'll have room for one more.
DB and I have been "not preventing" since Oct of 2005. We officially started trying in Oct of '06. We got his SA results back on Monday and they were 100% normal. I got my test results today, and it looks like I'm not ovulating.
The Dr has prescribed me 50MG of Clomid to take CD 5-9. I really hope this is what we need. I never EVER imagined at 23 that I'd have problems with my stinkin' body doing what it needs to do. I am so sad and frustrated.
I guess it would all go back to me feeling blessed at 17 with a great daughter, and if she is all God wanted me to have, I'll have to be OK with that.
Thanks everyone!

March 1st, 2007, 03:11 PM
Gina1978's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh wow..Im sorry about that Not Oing sucks BIG time! I started on 50mg of Clomid last cycle and it didnt make me O,so now Im on 100mg,Im hoping that works.
I hope it works for you!!! I read that you were on low fat products? Maybe you should change that now you know you dont O..its worth a try right?
How do they know you dont O? Did you have prgesterone tests done?
I never imagined that Id have trouble at 28 and with 2 kids either..its a kick in the gut for sure Good luck! Clomid isnt that bad

Thank you SO much for my new siggy Julia (Julka)!

March 1st, 2007, 03:12 PM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome!! We always have room for one more

I love your siggy! I have a pittbull her name is LuLu and she is the sweetest dog ive ever had.

March 1st, 2007, 03:20 PM
Gina-I did have a progesterone test, does 7.8 mean anything to you? (She was reading it and I think that's what I heard her say, lol) I'm new to all this stuff. I sure hope this is what I need to start Ovulating, I guess I always figured that a body this young wouldn't have issues.

Christin: Thanks for welcoming me! I LOVE the name Lulu! We named our snugglebunny Marshmallow! (So fitting for such a ferocious beast, huh? lol) but really, its nice to see the amount of Pitty owners on JM!! Glad to see another!

March 1st, 2007, 03:28 PM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I just laugh when people try to tell me my dog is dangerous....(obvisously they have never seen a Chihuahua )
Ive been around them since I was a newborn never been bit or growled at once. Like I said sweetest dog ive ever had!

March 1st, 2007, 03:30 PM
Quote:
Gina-I did have a progesterone test, does 7.8 mean anything to you?[/b]
Not really (just going for my bloodwork papers)..but thats higher than mine was.I had bloodwork done on CD26 and my progesterone levels were 0.70!!!
Acording to my bloodwork papers,having levels between 0.95 and 21.00 means you were in your LP,so you could have Od kwim?
Clomid is supposed to help with progesterone levels and short LPs too..so maybe that is what your OB is looking in to with you?

March 1st, 2007, 03:36 PM
greenchild's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Just wanted to say Welcome and I love your siggy! Marshmallow is so cute!
March 1st, 2007, 03:44 PM
I have no idea Gina, I was just listening to her ramble as she was reading my bloodresults outloud, lol.
Have you gotten back in since you started the Clomid to see what your levels are at now?

I have a weak stomach, so I hope the Clomid doesn't cause me any problems with my stomach. I'll have to explain to Steve ahead of time about the moodiness also. Ugh I just hope this works.

March 1st, 2007, 03:56 PM
Quote:
I have no idea Gina, I was just listening to her ramble as she was reading my bloodresults outloud, lol.
Have you gotten back in since you started the Clomid to see what your levels are at now?

I have a weak stomach, so I hope the Clomid doesn't cause me any problems with my stomach. I'll have to explain to Steve ahead of time about the moodiness also. Ugh I just hope this works.[/b]
My progesterone levels are so low because I dont O,so I dont have an LP kwim? Progesterone levels rise after ovulation to help support a possible pregnancy,and because I dont O,there is no rise in my levels,so they stay the same my whole cycle and in the end I get breakthrough bleeding.
Thats also why my cycles are so crazy and long,because my body doesnt know when to "bleed"..it has no guidlines so to speak.
Thats why Im on Clomid,and if that doesnt work,its on to the injectables for me

March 1st, 2007, 04:40 PM
KittyMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to KittyMom Send a message via Yahoo to KittyMom
Hi Jenn and welcome. Seems we have a migration from the main board lately.

I didn't have stomach problems with clomid but I do recommend taking it at night so you sleep through the side effects. Maybe with a few crackers or toast if you are worried.

Gina not to hijack this thread but is your doctor going to do an HSG before she moves you onto injectibles? They really should check out the plumbing before they put you on the big guns (plumbing is my doctors term LOL).

<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">My Blog | My Chart</span>
I Love you forever, I Like you for always, As long as I'm living, my Daddy you will be
11/20/1939 - 05/31-2007</span>
[/b]</div>
March 1st, 2007, 07:25 PM
aliciap's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
my progesterone is low also. My doc took blood at CD21 and I was at 9.1. She said that they like to see it around 15. I am not sure if I o'd that month or not but FF said I did and I had all the signs. My doc said mine is probaly due to coming off the BCP four months ago. Now I have a uterine polyp that I have to have surgery to have removed so low progesterone is low on my list right now but defintly somthing I will address if it is still an issues after the surgery.

Good Luck to you! I hope you get your BFP soon.

I am 28 and never thought I would have these sort of issues either. This bites

Hope you get your BFP Soon!

March 2nd, 2007, 10:13 AM
StephaniePaige's Avatar Live.Laugh.Love.
Send a message via AIM to StephaniePaige
Welcome Jenn....I'm new too.

And I don't think any of us expected these issues.....oh the joys of womanhood!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Good luck with the Clomid, I had no issues....but I don't know yet if I O'd or not either LOL.
March 2nd, 2007, 11:36 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to jlo1019
Welcome to the Clomid club! I'm on 50 mg as well and on our second month. What really helps me with the s/e is taking them before bed and sleeping through the rough ones. The most I've gotten is some heavy duty hot flashes and easy to cry. I'm not really screaming or being mean (TG!) just really easy to cry over silly things. The good side? They go away within the first week for me...

GL to you and its nice to have ya around!!

March 2nd, 2007, 12:21 PM
Aidan's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to TheMommyProject
Hi Jenn and welcome!

I'm not a clomid gal, so I can't help you much on those specific questions - but as you can see, there are plenty here who can.

I'm an IVF'er gearing up for my 6th attempt next cycle!

Good luck to you, I hope the clomid does the trick for you.

March 2nd, 2007, 01:17 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to ksauter
Welcome aboard!! I hope your stay is short and sweet.,
Starting adoption classes!! Finally getting the process started
IUI #3 BFN
1 laporoscopy, 1 mc, 6mo's of clomid, 3 mo's of injections and IUI's
countless blooddraws and ultrasounds. Hopefully a BFP soon!!
Kelly 29 and JD 29 adopting #1 (or maybe two)
March 2nd, 2007, 02:22 PM
Astrid's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Welcome to TTC w/ MA! I know exactly how you are feeling about the whole Clomid & not understanding exactly why O isn't happening. I also struggled w/ news that wasn't good BUT the up side of this is MEDS! Hopefully this will fix you right up!

BTW, I'm from a family of pit bull lovers! My parents have 2 & my brother has 1. They are soooooo sweet when they are treated correctly & raised in a good home. Marshmellow is adorable!

March 4th, 2007, 06:12 AM
Platinum Supermommy
Hi Jen!

Sorry to hear that, but it is actually not as bad as it seems.
DH has 100 % normal sperm and now you know you arent Ovulating, the clomid should work
and hey presto prob a soon to be BFP

I never O'd on my own but the 50mg of clomid worked wonders.
As it went my DB has severe motility probs and so the clomid never resulted in a bfp for us.

I am so happy for you that hopefully your prob will be remedied with the clomid
and DH is good to go

That is great news hun.

Good luck and you are amongst good women here, so just yell if you want ANYTHING

Sarah

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search