clomid and hcg shot

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
March 2nd, 2007, 05:49 PM
amanda872003's Avatar Veteran
Hi, I am new. My name is Amanda. My husband and I have bee TTC for 10 months. I had a laparoscopy done in January which confirmed endometriosis and scar tissue which they removed. My doctor then referred me to a fertility doctor who put me on 100mg of clomid from day 3-7. I finished that and then they monitored me with ultrasounds and on Monday they told me that I have 4 follicles. I went in Tuesday and got an HCG shot. I was just wondering if anyone else is going through this. My husband also has a not so high sperm count. They told us to have intercourse the day of the shot and then 36 hours later. It has now been 79 hours since the shot. I feel really bloated and am still having cramps also I am having headaches. I was wondering if this was normal or could it be that I still haven't ovulated? But anyways any information would be helpful. Thanks so much
March 2nd, 2007, 08:18 PM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi,
I use clomid/hcg shots with IUI's. Dh has a low sperm count so for us IUI gets the little guys in the best spot to just hang out and wait for the egg to come I wouldnt worry to much about if you have ovulated, the hcg shot is pretty much a guarantee that 36 hours after you take it you will ovulate.

March 3rd, 2007, 05:53 AM
Our doctor recommended the IUI, but our insurance doesn,t cover anything related to fertility, so we decided to try a couple of months first without it. I really hope that I did ovulate 36 hours later because the doctor only told us to have intercourse the day of the shot and 36 hours after that, and that is all we were able to do. Thanks
March 3rd, 2007, 06:40 AM
Astrid's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
The s/e you are experiencing are possible w/ the HCG shot. Also, the Clomid may be causing them. Everyone reacts differently although some common s/e are hot flashes, moodiness, bloating, etc. Those normally come w/ the Clomid. The headaches may also come from the HCG shot. It may also give you symptoms of pregnancy. We will be doing a similar protocol but w/ Gonal-F & Menupur shots to elevate my FSH & LH hormones. We will also be doing an IUI.

I'm sending you

March 3rd, 2007, 08:20 AM
Quote:
Our doctor recommended the IUI, but our insurance doesn,t cover anything related to fertility, so we decided to try a couple of months first without it. I really hope that I did ovulate 36 hours later because the doctor only told us to have intercourse the day of the shot and 36 hours after that, and that is all we were able to do. Thanks[/b]
Well sperm can live up to 72 hours so you have a pretty good shot of catching that eggie! Our insurance covers infertlity but only medications and surgeries but not anything that requires outside intervention like IUI or IVF. Our RE only charges us $250 for our IUI's but ive heard of women paying alot more than that. Good luck this cycle!

March 3rd, 2007, 05:29 PM
Hey I hope you guys are right. My doctor said the IUI would be like $300 plus the cost of ultrasounds if I have to have any. He said depending on what I have to have done it could get up to $700 or more for just one try. Christine, have you conceived before on the IUI. Thanks for the replys
March 3rd, 2007, 06:19 PM
Quote:
Hey I hope you guys are right. My doctor said the IUI would be like $300 plus the cost of ultrasounds if I have to have any. He said depending on what I have to have done it could get up to $700 or more for just one try. Christine, have you conceived before on the IUI. Thanks for the replys[/b]
We had our first IUI last July and it didnt work. We had been trying for 2 1/2yrs so we decided to take a 3 month break. In Nov we decided to do another IUI. I was waiting for my period to show so i could start my meds and it was a week late..took a preg test and I was preg!! We m/c because it was a blighted ovum. So we are hoping that since we have been able to get preg (for whatever reason) before that the IUI's will work for us this time.
When we did our first IUI our RE wasnt to hopeful that it would be successful because my dh's sperm counts have for the most part been right at or below 10mil. Now he thinks that we might have a good chance since we conceived on our own. Plus dh's count after the sperm wash was 15mil this time. Last time it was only 7 so we are pretty excited about that!

March 4th, 2007, 05:14 AM
Hey, well I hope the best for you guys. We will say a little prayer for you. I think we are going to try without the IUI for about 3 months and just stay on the clomid. My DH sperm count was right at the borderline of normal. It was 22 million. The urologist he went to to get his sperm count checked recommended some vitamins to us that will improve his sperm count. If you are interested in these just let know. Amanda
March 4th, 2007, 07:40 AM
About a month ago I was looking online for vitamins strictly for men's sperm. I cam across FertilAid for men. It was $75 bucks for 3months worth so I hope they make at least some improvement.

You and I can be cycle buddies this month. My IUI was Tuesday so you and I are going through the 2ww together

March 4th, 2007, 08:34 AM
Aidan's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to TheMommyProject
Welcome!

Good luck this cycle... I hope you you get your BFP!

March 4th, 2007, 01:00 PM
Hi, my husbands doctor told him to start taking 1g of vitamin C 3x a day, 400u of vitamin E 3x a day, zinc supplement 1x a day, and L-Carnitene 1x a day and that should help with his spirm count and his mobility. Yea that would be nice to talk with someone who is going through the same thing. Something that is very weird is the name Raelynn is the same name my husband and I picked out if we have a girl and that is not a very common name. We are thinking Raelynn Makayla. I have a little girl from a past relationship and her name is Ryleigh Makenna. I thought that was pretty neat that we like the same name. I am looking foward to being there for each other through all this. Amanda
March 4th, 2007, 04:58 PM
The supplement we bought has all those vitamins packed into one pill, but dh has to take it 3x a day.

I really like the name Raelynn but its not getting too many votes on my poll LOL but its still one of my favorites.

With our last pregnancy we had Emma picked out as a girls name but im not so sure about that name anymore. Kaleigh and Raelynn are my favs.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search