Starting Tamoxifen today...

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 28th, 2007, 06:12 PM
*Melissa*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to *Melissa*
SO... I'm curious to see how this medicine is going to react with my body. My doctor baisically let me choose when I wanted to take the meds. He said it's like Ford's and Chevys- everyone has their own specific prefrence... some people say that taking on day 3 is best, and some say day 5 is best... SO dh had me pick a number between 1 and... 2. HAHA I picked 2. SO here I am taking it on cd 3.
We had a LOVELY day at Silver creek falls today. Hiked all over the place and took lots of pictures of the beautiful waterfalls, It was SO fun!!! Anyways, that's what's new with me... I will let you know what the side effects and stuff are like, since, i don't think anyone else on here has ever used this med.
Talk to y'all later
<>< Melissa
May 28th, 2007, 07:19 PM
MsAnnie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Just wanted to pop over and wish you the best of luck this cycle!!! I'll be checking in on ya!!!

May 29th, 2007, 01:33 AM
Gina1978's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Tamoxifen is like Femera,its normally used in women with breast cancer,its an anti-estrogen.Femera has worked for lots of women
From what I know,the side effects of treatments like this are similar to those of manopause (hot flashes,vaginal discharge,irregular menstrual periods,headaches,fatigue,nausea and/or vomiting, vaginal dryness or itching,irritation of the skin around the vagina,skin rash etc) but not all women get them.
I really hope it works for you! Good luck!

Thank you SO much for my new siggy Julia (Julka)!

May 29th, 2007, 12:42 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to ksauter
i'm excited u get to try a new rx i hope it works!!! I luv silver cr falls!!! I was just camping at Hauser dune camps for 5 days. its right out of N.Bend, we were riding our 4-wheelers all weekemd
Starting adoption classes!! Finally getting the process started
IUI #3 BFN
1 laporoscopy, 1 mc, 6mo's of clomid, 3 mo's of injections and IUI's
countless blooddraws and ultrasounds. Hopefully a BFP soon!!
Kelly 29 and JD 29 adopting #1 (or maybe two)
May 29th, 2007, 01:49 PM
Kelly-
I love the dunes in Florence, OR... we went dune buggy riding there once... MAN, i can't believe how close we are, but have never met!!!!

I have some really cute pics from our silver creek fall trip if any of you want to check them out you can go to my myspace account and look under "pics"
http://profile.myspace.com/index.cfm?fusea...iendid=14197254
May 31st, 2007, 07:48 PM
MsAnnie's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Melissa! Just wanting to see how things were going for you with your tamoxifen...!!! Hope there's no icky s/e's for you with this one!!!

May 31st, 2007, 09:36 PM
Hey! Thanks so much for checking in on me!! Very sweet! I am doing very well right now. Not nearly as many hot flashes as I had with the clomid- some mild head aches, but other than that, no real s/e!!! WOO HOO!!! I'm not holding my breath though, I know it could get worst, i'm just praying it won't. I will go in June 15th for my progesterone blood work to verify if the medication served it's purpose in helping me ovulate. I'm almost done with my period, so baby dancing time is soon approaching!!! WOO HOOOOOO!!! I think we are going to try bding only every other day because dh has kind of a low volume of semen. When he was younger he had an undescended testicle, which he had to have surgery on when he was eight. So it's possible that we may only be working with one... Which is fine, but we may have to limit our bd'ing to every other day so that have a chance to refill
Anyways, that's my news! Hope everyone else is doing well also!! Love you all!!!
<>< Melissa

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search