Updated S/A results, I now have actual numbers

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 29th, 2007, 01:27 PM
diznynurse's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Thanks ladies for all of your other replys

Okay got dh's report today, here it is!

Volume 4ml (normal > 2ml)
total count 228 (normal >40)
motility 47 (normal > 50)
morphology:
normal 5%
abnormal 95%

Kruger criteria for morphology is: normal >12% 9%-12% low <9% subfertile
<5% severely low

So that's where we are. He does have an appt with a urologist on June 18th, but doesn't look good does it

</div>

pregnant after 2 years ttc!!!!!

May 29th, 2007, 02:09 PM
KittyMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to KittyMom Send a message via Yahoo to KittyMom
Quote:
Thanks ladies for all of your other replys

Okay got dh's report today, here it is!

Volume 4ml (normal > 2ml)
total count 228 (normal >40)
motility 47 (normal > 50)
morphology:
normal 5%
abnormal 95%

Kruger criteria for morphology is: normal >12% 9%-12% low <9% subfertile
<5% severely low

So that's where we are. He does have an appt with a urologist on June 18th, but doesn't look good does it [/b]
I am still thinking that another SA might give more concrete answers - it's just hard to believe with 2 children of his own, that his morphology is 95% abnormal. I could be wrong I guess but I hope for both of your sakes that perhaps something else contributed to this and that the next analysis is improved.

Fingers crossed,

Stina

<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">My Blog | My Chart</span>
I Love you forever, I Like you for always, As long as I'm living, my Daddy you will be
11/20/1939 - 05/31-2007</span>
[/b]</div>
May 29th, 2007, 02:58 PM
Thank you! Yes I'm definately going to ask for another SA. I think that's standard anyway. We are still going to try!!!!!

</div>

May 29th, 2007, 04:10 PM
Miles
If he has 2 kids of his own I have to agree with Kitty, they should do a follow up anyway. They did with my DH because he said one time really doesnt show anything, so we did another one 2 wks later.
May 29th, 2007, 04:18 PM
kticesk8s's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Like the other ladies said, I would definitely have another one done, and make sure his abstinence is around 3-4 days (the ideal number of days). Based on these results, I would definitely recommend getting in to see an RE AND a urologist. You may be on the IVF track as it is now, though your DH's other numbers are REALLY good, so maybe IUI could work - an RE would be the best person to talk to. Good luck -- I know how awful this is for you, but you CAN get through it! Also, if you DH is up for it, get him started on a good vitamin regimen -- it takes so long to improve the lil guys, so the sooner the better.

• Me: 32.:. DH: 30...TTC w/ Male Factor.... BFP! Was triplets! NOW IT'S TWINS!!! 1 BOY, 1 GIRL
  • IVF #1: June '07 BFN
  • IVF #2: Oct '08 BFN
  • DIUI #1: Nov '08 BFP!!! Beta 593 @ 14/15 dpiui!! Beta 1897 @ 16/17 dpiui!!!!!! OMG!
May 31st, 2007, 04:17 AM
~Sandy~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, other than the morphology it looks great. I have read that once you are Kruger you usually head straight to IVF. Which I know you don't want to hear yet b/c of insurance and all. (Although I don't know if that has changed lol)

Wait and see what the second S/A shows. Has he been on any meds for a long period of time??? Like the pp's with 2 kids already something had to have happened to change the sperm morph kwim.
May 31st, 2007, 10:49 AM
lizm75's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I have read that once you are Kruger you usually head straight to IVF. Which I know you don't want to hear yet b/c of insurance and all. (Although I don't know if that has changed lol)[/b]
Sandy, what do you mean by this?
May 31st, 2007, 11:25 AM
~Sandy~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Quote:
Quote:
I have read that once you are Kruger you usually head straight to IVF. Which I know you don't want to hear yet b/c of insurance and all. (Although I don't know if that has changed lol)[/b]
[/b]

LOL, I meant for it to say LOw Kruger, but my brain doesn't work well in the morning LOL
May 31st, 2007, 12:39 PM
lizm75's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
[/b]

LOL, I meant for it to say LOw Kruger, but my brain doesn't work well in the morning LOL
[/b]
by low do you mean this range? 9%-12% low
June 1st, 2007, 09:46 AM
Quote:
Quote:
Quote:
[/b]

[/b]
Nope, he hasn't been on any meds, but what I can say is from my reading antioxidants and bding 3-4 times/wk is suppose to help the morphology. When dh had the s/a done, we hadn't bd'd in 9 days so I don't know if that means anything or not. Between now and his next s/a (which I probably won't have him do before August 3mo from the first) we will be bding like crazy and I'm shoving vit down him! lol

As far as IVF, I don't know if we'll try that, I'd go for IUI first. Guess we'll cross that bridge when we get to it.

</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search