ladies on glucophage/metformin

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 31st, 2007, 03:43 PM
Super Mommy
Send a message via Yahoo to ksauter
I know why i'm taking it and it's funtion I just started it though and I wanted to know your experiences with it.
Starting adoption classes!! Finally getting the process started
IUI #3 BFN
1 laporoscopy, 1 mc, 6mo's of clomid, 3 mo's of injections and IUI's
countless blooddraws and ultrasounds. Hopefully a BFP soon!!
Kelly 29 and JD 29 adopting #1 (or maybe two)
May 31st, 2007, 03:58 PM
jeepgirl9478's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
At first I was really really sick on it but now I am fine. Between it and 50mg clomid I am definatly Oing. Sick to my stomach is the only symptoms I had. Wish you the best of luck on it!!

Thanks .hoodihoo.this. for the siggy!!
May 31st, 2007, 04:05 PM
Aidan's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to TheMommyProject
I was on metformin for awhile but gave it up after about 2 months. The side affects got to me mostly it was upset stomach and diarrhea for me. I tried to ease up to my full dose and it still didn't work out for me. Honestly though, I probably could've tried harder to continue but my doctor only gave it to me "just in case" I had PCOS, which was never diagnosed. She said it won't hurt even if you don't so you might as well - that's why it was easy to just give it up.

I'm sure you'll be fine, just take the time to gradually increase the dose. Don't increase until your body is used to the level you're giving it. Good luck!

June 1st, 2007, 06:24 PM
Astrid's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi! I'm currently taking 1500mg of metformin daily. I was really scared to start taking it b/c of all the horror stories I had heard about it. Basically, I was told that I could get very nauseous & have migrain type headaches but that it didn't happen to all people. Fortunately for me, I never had any of those things happen! I started w/ 500mg daily for 3 days, then went up to 1000mg for 3 days, & finally reached my 1500mg after the 6th day. If metformin doesn't work for you, there is a natural remedy, cinnimon something or other. Any nutritionist should be able to help you w/ finding out the name. I take mine b/c I am insulin resistant so I didn't just get the rx alone. I had to meet w/ a nutritionist. She had me cut my carbs down to 180g per day. It wasn't easy at 1st but now it is 2nd nature.

Since being put on met & changing my diet, I have begun to O regularly where as before I Oed very inconsistently. I have lost a good 15lbs. I no longer have "sugar lows" or get light headed. My mood has evened out & I feel much better in general. I really think it is a blessing to have meds out there that can really make a difference. Hopefully it will do the same for you!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search