This is strange ....

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
May 31st, 2007, 11:26 PM
hoping4littleone's Avatar Super Mommy
Hi girls!

Just wanted your thoughts on this ....
so, I started my last cycle on May 4th. Shortly after we decided to do IVF (with the RE who we soon found out after that was just trying to take our money) and I started BCP. Because I was told by my old RE not to try naturally anymore, we used condoms at first as backup while on BCP. Then we went to the new RE and found out I don't need to do IVF .. you know all that good stuff..and not to stop trying naturally. So, we stopped using condoms as backup but I was still taking BCP becuase my new RE wanted me to finish the pack.

Okay, so with all that said .. I had no idea when I was going to start my next cycle because I can't even remember when I started the pill and there were times I would forget to take it and then take two and so on. I spotted pretty much this whole past month. Two days ago I started feeling like it was coming, but my symptoms were very intense. So, I took an HPT (Internet cheapies). It came back with a faint positive. I took one yesterday and it was still a faint positive. Then, I started my period today?!!! Thinking maybe I just had a chemical pg, I took another HPT and it's still positive. WHAT???? I swear this is my period!!! I'm so confused ...

I called my new RE today because he wanted me to start Clomid this cycle but have not heard back from the office yet (that's a whole different story!). I'm thinking it was a chemical pg. I'm shocked it even happened!

What do you girls think? I know I just need to get bloodwork done, but I'm at a loss as to why it's still coming up positive?

</div>
<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS"><div align="center">

Born May 5, 2008

Shelby Suzanne: 7lbs,8 oz 17 3/4 inches 9:16 p.m.
Morgan Julianne: 5 lbs,8 oz 19 inches 9:17 p.m.
</div></span>
June 1st, 2007, 06:15 AM
~Sandy~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
WOw, that is a toughie!! Can you take any pics of the pos tests??? Are they getting darker??
June 1st, 2007, 06:21 AM
Aidan's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to TheMommyProject
Interesting... I'm with Sandy, if you can get a pic of the+ HPTs we could take a look for ya. It's possible it was a chemical pg. Are you bleeding heavily like a normal AF? Other possibility is you've got some IB going on (if it's light).

Definitely get a blood test done to see what's going on!

June 1st, 2007, 06:42 AM
Veteran
Send a message via AIM to twresamarie Send a message via MSN to twresamarie Send a message via Yahoo to twresamarie
Quote:
Interesting... I'm with Sandy, if you can get a pic of the+ HPTs we could take a look for ya. It's possible it was a chemical pg. Are you bleeding heavily like a normal AF? Other possibility is you've got some IB going on (if it's light).

Definitely get a blood test done to see what's going on![/b]
i could have been a chem. pg, BUT.........you body could be getting ride of all the old blood that will not be needed for this pregnancy. is it the same as your normal period? are the hpt still +? are the lined getting darker. plz post some pic! everone here is great with them. plus it helps to see whats going on. if the line are getting darker, then most prob. the pregnancy would continue. but if the lines are getting lighter, then maybe not. who knows. but ive read alot of sites that say not to put to much into the hcg levels either...................

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search