Picture of my latest HPT

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 1st, 2007, 10:36 PM
hoping4littleone's Avatar Super Mommy
So I took this one tonight and although faint, it is darker than the one I took this morning. I'll take another one tomorrow morning and compare the two. This is my second day of AF, and normally I would have heavy bleeding, but I have not today. I've been able to get away with wearing a pantyliner. ..

What do you girls think is going on??!!

</div>
<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS"><div align="center">

Born May 5, 2008

Shelby Suzanne: 7lbs,8 oz 17 3/4 inches 9:16 p.m.
Morgan Julianne: 5 lbs,8 oz 19 inches 9:17 p.m.
</div></span>
June 2nd, 2007, 06:32 AM
Aidan's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to TheMommyProject
Well, I'm hopeless at reading these things. I kept thinking I was seeing evaps on mine and ended up with a BFP.

I'm having a hard time reading yours... I do see something, but not sure I see colour. Do you have any pink dye tests? They're a bit easier to read.

I hope this is it for you!

June 2nd, 2007, 08:57 AM
~Sandy~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Ack. Iagree with Gillian, try a pink dye. Blue dye tests are the devil!!! They will have lines before you even pee on them!!
June 2nd, 2007, 09:03 AM
Daisee37's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I agree with the other ladies... try a pink dye test. I have gotten lots of false positives on blue dye tests... and they even had color too. Some people still do get AF when they're pg, so it's really hard to say right now. But keep testing!!!!

August 2012 December 2012
June 2nd, 2007, 09:20 AM
diznynurse's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Can you get a blood test today? If not get one on Monday. Good luck!

</div>

pregnant after 2 years ttc!!!!!

June 2nd, 2007, 04:23 PM
mommaW's Avatar Veteran
Blood test and follow up with your doctor definitely!
June 2nd, 2007, 07:41 PM
Miles
Sorry to say this but on the TTC board several have gotten positive hpt with the blue dye and they end up going to the dr for bw and being told they are not pg.
June 3rd, 2007, 11:00 AM
Thanks girls for all the replies ...

That was actually the first blue dye test I had taken of about 5 that I have taken since Thursday and all the pinks were coming up with a faint line as well. I didn't know the blue dye tests were so unreliable .. geeze!! Out of all the times I have been pg, that was the only blue dye test I have ever used (it was an Internet cheapie that came with some other stuff I had bought towards the beginning of the year, but the Internet cheapies that I have actually purchased were all pink dye.)

AF went away completely yesterday (my third day). I took another HPT this morning for the hell of it (a pink dye one!) and it was the darkest line I have got yet. I tried to take a pic but my camera is not cooperating to get a good pic!!

I truly believe that if I am, this is a chemical pg, so no high hopes here whatsoever. I think I've been through this so many times, I can't even get high hopes anymore

As for getting a blood test, I have been calling my new RE's office since Thursday when I started bleeding and every time I call they say it goes to the "back" office and they are the ones who will call me back to tell me what's next or schedule an appointment. I have yet to hear from them. I've called six times since Thursday morning at 9:30 and they keep telling me they have my message. I was supposed to start Clomid and guess that's not happening now. Now, I just really need a blood test!! I'm so angry at them for not calling me back, I almost want to go back to my old RE.....well, maybe not.

As crazy as this sounds, I really don't want to be pg just yet. I'm too scared to be without having some type of meds to help me with possibly ovulating a better quality egg. I don't know what I was thinking by not using backup that one time ....

</div>

Born May 5, 2008

</div></span>
June 3rd, 2007, 11:40 AM
Quote:
As crazy as this sounds, I really don't want to be pg just yet. I'm too scared to be without having some type of meds to help me with possibly ovulating a better quality egg. I don't know what I was thinking by not using backup that one time ....[/b]
Are you scared because you fear that the egg might not be good enough? I think the body has a great natural way of dealing with that... it really doesn't let many "bad" eggs go on to become babies, so there's really not much reason to be scared of it. It just seems like nature is VERY picky about which eggs it lets fertilize and which ones even get to implant at all. So just hang in there and see what happens.

Also, are you sure it was AF? Or could it have been implantation bleeding? You said it wasn't that heavy or anything... and lots of women have something that resembles AF and turn out to not only be pg, but have very uneventful pregnancies and healthy babies. When I had a chemical, the line on the HPTs got lighter and then disappeared... so if yours is getting darker that seems like a good sign.

June 3rd, 2007, 02:43 PM
Quote:
Are you scared because you fear that the egg might not be good enough? I think the body has a great natural way of dealing with that... it really doesn't let many "bad" eggs go on to become babies, so there's really not much reason to be scared of it. It just seems like nature is VERY picky about which eggs it lets fertilize and which ones even get to implant at all. So just hang in there and see what happens.

Also, are you sure it was AF? Or could it have been implantation bleeding? You said it wasn't that heavy or anything... and lots of women have something that resembles AF and turn out to not only be pg, but have very uneventful pregnancies and healthy babies. When I had a chemical, the line on the HPTs got lighter and then disappeared... so if yours is getting darker that seems like a good sign.[/b]

Well, I've been told that my miscarriages in the past were all because of a "bad" egg that was fertlized. I was told that was proven with my last m/c, as our little girl had trisomy 15. All tests otherwise have come back completely fine (DH sperm, our chromosome tests, etc.) so I've been told I am ovulating poor quality eggs. But yes, you're right, that is why I am scared .. I am scared that if I am pg, that it will be another "bad" egg that was fertilized and I always feel like I am destined to miscarry. I was going to start Clomid with my new RE because he said it will give me that better chance of ovulating a good egg (possibly).

I had IB with my very first pg, and this was a lot more than that, so I just took it as it was AF. But, yes, it was much lighter than what a normal AF would be for me. I'm not sure if that was just because I was on the pill for one month or what.
I'll definitely call my new RE tomorrow and demand that they let me know what I need to do next . .at least come in for blood work or something. I am so frustrated with them already. Just when I thought I found someone good ..

</div>

Born May 5, 2008

</div></span>
June 3rd, 2007, 04:09 PM
Miles
I would either call your RE back and tell them what is going on or call your OB and get bw done hun. Seeing as your getting positive hpt, if it was a chemical you wouldnt be getting darker lines especially since you have already been bleeding they would be lighter.
June 3rd, 2007, 04:44 PM
Quote:
I would either call your RE back and tell them what is going on or call your OB and get bw done hun. Seeing as your getting positive hpt, if it was a chemical you wouldnt be getting darker lines especially since you have already been bleeding they would be lighter.[/b]
Thanks for the advice ... I was going to do just that tomorrow when low and behold, my phone rang and it was my new RE's office calling. The girl said they were sorry they were calling late, but that there was confusion on what to do next since I had thought I started my period then got a positive HPT. So, I go in tomorrow for a beta. I will let you all know what it is!

</div>

Born May 5, 2008

</div></span>
June 3rd, 2007, 05:11 PM
Good luck! I'll be praying for a nice strong number for you!!!

June 3rd, 2007, 05:23 PM
Astrid's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hi sweetie! I don't think we have met yet. Apparently for now, I am the host here in TTCMA. Welcome! It seems to me that you may very well be pg if you have gotten +s since Thursday. The beta will give you a better idea. Hopefully this little bean is a sticky one & you will have an uneventful 9 months. Keep us updated!

June 3rd, 2007, 09:55 PM
What about implantation bleeding? Couldn't it be that? I have looked on some of the other boards and they said that they got bleeding around the same time AF was due, but it was lighter...only needing a pantyliner...

I have also heard that implantation bleeding usually means a "good" pregnancy......not to get hopes up too high...

Did you get with your doctor for an HCG Qua. yet?

Don't forget to ask them to do a progesterone test at the same time.

My last pregnancy my RE's nurse forgot to order the progesterone test, and it wasn't until my HCG started to drop before she remembered...by then there was nothing anyone could do...probably nothing to be done from the beginning....

Good luck, there is plenty of info on IMPLANTATION BLEEDING on the net!!

I'm rubber - you're glue - everything I say bounces off of me and

STICKS TO YOU!!!!! -HERE'S HOPING!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Christine

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search