1st acupuncture visit today!!

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 4th, 2007, 03:27 PM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Can I just say wow! It was very relaxing! Nothing like I thought it would be. I just sat in a chair and he did one needle in my left wrist and 1 needle in my right ankle for 12 mins then switched. My ankles felt kind of tingly but i didnt feel anything in my wrists.

He also put in tiny needles into each ankle and each knee and covered them with a bandaid and Im to leave them in for 2 weeks. He said that since Im ovulating this week to come back thursday and then 2x's next week.

June 4th, 2007, 04:05 PM
Astrid's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Acupuncture is very relaxing. I'm glad you had the experience. Hopefully this will all work out for you & the BFP you have been seeking will appear in a very short few weeks!

June 4th, 2007, 07:32 PM
kticesk8s's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Interesting about the needles being left in, I haven't had that yet! Both times I laid on a bed -- the first time she put needles in my feet, below each knee, above each knee, a bunch in my lower abdomen, one in each thumb web, 2 in my ear, one in my forehead, and one in the top of my head. The 2nd time she did the same points on my front, but she also did points along my spine as well as the back of each calf.

• Me: 32.:. DH: 30...TTC w/ Male Factor.... BFP! Was triplets! NOW IT'S TWINS!!! 1 BOY, 1 GIRL
  • IVF #1: June '07 BFN
  • IVF #2: Oct '08 BFN
  • DIUI #1: Nov '08 BFP!!! Beta 593 @ 14/15 dpiui!! Beta 1897 @ 16/17 dpiui!!!!!! OMG!
June 4th, 2007, 07:56 PM
hoping4littleone's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm so excited for you!! I hope this will get you the BFP you so well deserve

I would LOVE to try acupuncture. I just learned my new RE's office offers it, but haven't looked into it just yet. I hear it's very relaxing

</div>
<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS"><div align="center">

Born May 5, 2008

Shelby Suzanne: 7lbs,8 oz 17 3/4 inches 9:16 p.m.
Morgan Julianne: 5 lbs,8 oz 19 inches 9:17 p.m.
</div></span>
June 4th, 2007, 10:21 PM
TheyGrowLikeWeeds's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to TheyGrowLikeWeeds
I hope this works for you too!

I personally don't like acupuncture. I've done it for other reasons and I even tried it once for fertility, and I just don't like it. It's not for everyone though. I'm just really sensitive due to my multiple sclerosis. It's a long story. I actually tried acupuncture to help with the MS symptoms. It was highly suggested, but it was just too painful. Then for the fertility, it was still sensitive and she used the REALLY thin needles (Japanese style) and it was still a bit too uncomfortable.

Meanwhile, I heard some great things about it and there's been some great results by using acupuncture to help with fertility. Good luck! It sounds like you are in good hands.

I love my Peanut M&Ms Cameron & Kiefer!!Eliza's Blog
June 5th, 2007, 05:25 AM
~Sandy~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OMG, you have to keep some in for 2 weeks!! Holy Cow!! I really hope it helps, I am certainly tooo chicken to try it at all. Especially if they ever wanted to leave needles in there lol
June 5th, 2007, 07:33 AM
KittyMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to KittyMom Send a message via Yahoo to KittyMom
Bizarre! I have not had them left in at all either. I am always on a table, like a massage type table. The first time she just worked on my back and then I think knees and feet and yesterday I did 30 minutes like that and then flipped over and she did forehead, hands, tummy, knees, ankles and somewhere else on my feet. I can't even tell where she puts them to be honest. The only ones I feel going in are the ones by my thumbs because it hits something to do with my CTS so I make sure not to move my hands once the needles are in.

I fall asleep within seconds though. She had to wake me to flip over yesterday LOL.

<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">My Blog | My Chart</span>
I Love you forever, I Like you for always, As long as I'm living, my Daddy you will be
11/20/1939 - 05/31-2007</span>
[/b]</div>
June 5th, 2007, 04:10 PM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Before I went I was reading about acupuncture on a different IVF board and one of the women had mentioned she had to leave a few needles in for either a week or 2 weeks i cant remember. I do remember reading it and going "ugh i hope he doesnt think I need to do that" and here I am with 4 needles stuck in me LOL.

I really cant feel them at all though, but they are very tiny he had to use tweezers to put them in. He said its good to stimulate the points 24/7 while Im ovulating and after ovulation... so im just doing what he says hoping it will get me a bfp or at least help with my anxiety and stress from TTC

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search