Saw my RE today

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 5th, 2007, 04:21 PM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well first off I have to tell you the good news! Our RE told us that Dh's count after the wash was 56MILLION!!! WOOHOO FOR DH AND FERTILAID!!!!
Thats the only thing i can think that boosted his count so much!

Then he went on to say how everything looked good he cant see any problems with my egg quality or dh's sperm quality. The only thing he didnt like was how many actual eggs he got from me. He said for as well as i responded to the meds and as many follies i had he would of liked a bigger count than 10 for my eggs. Next time he only wants to change one thing and thats how soon i start taking the menopur. He wants it sooner in my cycle so that hopefully I can get more mature eggs from my follies. Other than that he said everything else was perfect like my lining, E2 levels and such.

My RE also said that out of the 4 ICSI'd eggs 1 did make it to blast stage but it wasnt a perfect embryo and he didnt see spending the money to have it frozen and stored. Which I with him on that point.

We asked about doing more IUI's and he sees no problem in that. Especially with dh's count and I respond really well to clomid. So he gave me 4 refills on my clomid and estrodial and he said that i can do timed intercourse if i want but he would at least like to see me have 2 more IUI's done.

We plan on doing GIFT or IVF in January since ive used so many vacation days so far, I dont have enough to plan for the holidays AND Gift/IVF.

So thats my update. Looks like we will be doing some timed intercourse and IUI's. OH he also said for me to take the clomid every other month. Not sure why but he said he doesnt want me to do it month after month..

June 5th, 2007, 07:21 PM
TheyGrowLikeWeeds's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to TheyGrowLikeWeeds
it sounds like you are on a good path! That's great news about your husband's s/a count! Keep up that Fertilaid!

I hope you have better luck now that you are trying again.

I love my Peanut M&Ms Cameron & Kiefer!!Eliza's Blog
June 5th, 2007, 08:04 PM
hoping4littleone's Avatar Super Mommy
I'm so excited for you and the new plan ... that's great!!

What a boost for your DH's little guys!!! That is wonderful!!!

</div>
<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS"><div align="center">

Born May 5, 2008

Shelby Suzanne: 7lbs,8 oz 17 3/4 inches 9:16 p.m.
Morgan Julianne: 5 lbs,8 oz 19 inches 9:17 p.m.
</div></span>
June 5th, 2007, 08:46 PM
Bebo's Avatar Veteran
Wow! How exciting

WTG!
Dx with MFI 2007
Looking into IVF 2011
June 6th, 2007, 04:31 AM
Aidan's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to TheMommyProject
Great news on the s/a results!

Sounds like you have a good plan in place... I hope one of these IUI cycles does the trick!

June 6th, 2007, 05:48 AM
KittyMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to KittyMom Send a message via Yahoo to KittyMom
IUI sounds great compared to a long drawn out gift cycle again. With those s/a results I bet you will be announcing a BFP very soon Christin!

<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">My Blog | My Chart</span>
I Love you forever, I Like you for always, As long as I'm living, my Daddy you will be
11/20/1939 - 05/31-2007</span>
[/b]</div>
June 6th, 2007, 02:47 PM
I really like the thought of IUI's better than GIFT/IVF right now. I just have to call in when i get a + surge on the OPK's. So it will only take 1 day off of work to do a whole IUI cycle

I feel so much better since I had my first acupuncture appt too. I really think my stress levels have played a big part in me not getting a bfp. Especially since I got my 1st bfp when I was completely stress free and not even TTC.

So we will see what happens and keep dh on the fertilaid!

June 6th, 2007, 03:03 PM
Astrid's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Christin ~ Isn't it so good to have a plan AND to find out DH really stepped up when he needed to? I am so happy that you are going w/ your gut on the IUI & planned intercourse. Hopefully you won't need another GIFT or IVF cycle!

June 6th, 2007, 03:19 PM
Quote:
Christin ~ Isn't it so good to have a plan AND to find out DH really stepped up when he needed to? I am so happy that you are going w/ your gut on the IUI & planned intercourse. Hopefully you won't need another GIFT or IVF cycle![/b]
When the RE told us dh's count my jaw just dropped and dh got this goofy grin on his face. I was so shocked. I was expecting maybe 20 million...but 56! Just crazy I dont know how it got up that high.

If we dont get pregnant by December we will schedule another GIFT, but I have a good feeling about the next few months. I was starting to get really down and negative, but Im just the opposite now!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search