Gillian

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 6th, 2007, 06:45 AM
KittyMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to KittyMom Send a message via Yahoo to KittyMom
I didn't want to hijack Eliza's thread...

Quote:
I've had some bad cramping all along and then on Monday I had some spotting in the morning and I panicked. I called my RE and by the time one of the nurses called me back, I was already feeling better but I just starting bawling my eyes out when I was trying to explain to her what had happened. They ended up taking me in early for an u/s to give me peace of mind, which worked because they were able to see a h/b! But you know, I'm still nervous. Even after that u/s, this morning I had a little more brown spotting, so I'm still worried. I think I will feel a little better after the 8 week scan, but I'm sure there will always be some concern.

I can't think ahead at all... like names and thinking of shopping and a nursery, etc... I don't even go there. And I probably won't until I'm out of the 1st trimester. That's one of the ways I deal with it - one day at a time and that seems to help me.[/b]
I am so sorry you have had such a stressful week. I was wondering how things were going and saw your post and just wanted to let you know I am praying for you and your baby. A heartbeat is a good thing though!! (just one hb?). I can't even begin to imagine how you felt when you started spotting but it makes me sick to my stomach just thinking about how your heart must have sank. BUT you saw a heartbeat and that is a positive so try and keep your chin up (easier said than done I know).

We are here for you too (((hugs))).

<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">My Blog | My Chart</span>
I Love you forever, I Like you for always, As long as I'm living, my Daddy you will be
11/20/1939 - 05/31-2007</span>
[/b]</div>
June 6th, 2007, 07:22 AM
Aidan's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to TheMommyProject
Thank you so much, Stina! You're so sweet.

I struggle sometimes with what to post on which boards. I don't want to upset anybody here by going on about my pg issues when you're all trying so hard just to get pg still. I was going to update on the h/b, but I was holding out until my 8 week scan - but oh well!

So to answer your questions, I'm definitely doing better after seeing the h/b (and yes, definitely just one), although I'm still really nervous. My first loss was detected at my 8 week scan and the fetus had developed to 7w5d. So, in the back of my mind I'm wondering... did that one start with a h/b and then it stopped or did it just never have a h/b? I think until I get to that 8 week mark, I'll be a nervous wreck.

I had a little bit more spotting this morning and the cramping is still there. But I just keep telling myself that it was there the day I saw the h/b and everything was fine, so no reason it can't still be fine.

Thanks for all your support and kind wishes. This pregnancy after loss thing is definitely a one day at a time situation and that's how I'm getting through!

June 6th, 2007, 07:44 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Oh Gillian I've been wondering how you were doing! I'm so sorry that you had that scare! Just reading this post made my heart pound about out of my chest! I'm so glad you were able to see the heartbeat! I can't believe there is only 1!!! I was crossing my fingers too lol!
I like it when you come over here to update
June 6th, 2007, 08:04 AM
TheyGrowLikeWeeds's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to TheyGrowLikeWeeds
Aww, don't worry about hijacking. I'm happy just talking about anything that comes up!

I read that reply, Gillian. I am so happy for you that you got to hear the h/b. It's so comforting when worrying so much. I do understand your worries. This whole thing is so scary. It's hard also when you know if this was your first, you may not have been worrying so much about a new experience. But, for now, you can't help but wonder since these things happened before and you just don't always know how each pregnancy will go. But, I think it's good to remain optimistic. Just try to remember that each experience you've had so far has also been experienced during a healthy pregnancy and what you are going through is normal.

I am sorry you are going through so much worry though. I'd be freaking out too if I saw spotting and cramping. Try to relax and just let some of those worries drift away. I do wonder if over worry can cause cramping. One of the things that happens when you worry is your heart beats faster and the blood rushes more to your brain to help you think. But that blood is needed in your abdomen area to help remove the cramping. More oxygen in your abdomen, the less you cramp. That's why some doctors will tell you during your period cramps, put a hot rag over the area that is cramping and the cramps will cool down a bit. it is all because the heat brings in more blood which brings in more oxygen. That causes the cramps to subside. I don't know if you can do that while pregnant, but deep breathing into your lower lungs (your tummy wise rise and not your chest if you are doing it correctly) will help you accomplish this and you may feel less crampy.

I hope those cramps and the spotting stop soon! I'll be thinking about you! I really hope this is the one for you!

I love my Peanut M&Ms Cameron & Kiefer!!Eliza's Blog
June 6th, 2007, 01:16 PM
KittyMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to KittyMom Send a message via Yahoo to KittyMom
I am sorry Gillian, I wasn't trying to break your silence, I promise. But don't you EVER worry abut posting anything about your pregnancy here! Gosh if we didn't have any preg women from this board then it would get pretty depressing after a while You have been here as a support to so many of us - through thick and thin and we get to be there for you too now. (stomps to prove her point LOL).

<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">My Blog | My Chart</span>
I Love you forever, I Like you for always, As long as I'm living, my Daddy you will be
11/20/1939 - 05/31-2007</span>
[/b]</div>
June 6th, 2007, 01:30 PM
kticesk8s's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Agreed. I would hope that we wouldn't become one of *those* boards! Some of us are cynical sometimes, but inspiring PG stories are always welcome IMO! Try not to worry too much about the spotting (I know, easier said than done) -- it is probably nothing!

• Me: 32.:. DH: 30...TTC w/ Male Factor.... BFP! Was triplets! NOW IT'S TWINS!!! 1 BOY, 1 GIRL
  • IVF #1: June '07 BFN
  • IVF #2: Oct '08 BFN
  • DIUI #1: Nov '08 BFP!!! Beta 593 @ 14/15 dpiui!! Beta 1897 @ 16/17 dpiui!!!!!! OMG!
June 6th, 2007, 02:23 PM
Astrid's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OH MY! Gillian! I am so sorry you have been going through this. I wish I had seen the post but this week has been busy. Thank God tonight is slow & I was able to get on. Sweetie, I know how hard it is to be pg after a loss. There isn't a day that goes by that you don't wonder, worry, stress or stop thinking about what could possibly happen. As always, you know I am here for you & you will definitely be in my thoughts & prayers!

June 6th, 2007, 02:56 PM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Gillian i've been checking up on you in your DDC board, and Im so glad that you got to see your little beans heartbeat! Please dont feel like you cant update us with your pregnancy. We all want to hear how you are doing. You have been there for so many of us and helped us through rough patches! Please update us whenever you can or feel like it!!!

June 6th, 2007, 08:04 PM
Aidan's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to TheMommyProject
I love you guys!!

I check up on all of you every day and still try to post when I have some input for you. I will also now most definitely start to keep you updated on how things are progressing with me. You have all been such a huge support to me through all of this so I'll definitely take you up on that continued support.

To be honest, the only thing really worrying me right now is the nagging backache - but I'm trying not to let the worry consume me. Deep down, I have a really good feeling this time around and whenever I get scared, I remind myself of that.

Countdown is on to the 8 week scan and after that passes successfully, then I will let myself start to look into the future a bit. I can't wait!

June 6th, 2007, 08:13 PM
hoping4littleone's Avatar Super Mommy
Gillian, I'm so excited for you that you saw a heartbeat!!! Believe me, I know the worrying that comes along with being pg again after a loss, and it's completely normal. I wish people would have told me that rather than just saying "stop worrying, everything will be fine, relax". Sometimes I just wanted to scream at them!!! My last pg was the furthest I have ever gotten (10 weeks) so with the next pg, I think it's going to take me getting past 12 weeks to even feel some sense of comfort. I know each week feels like an eternity!!

I love to hear how your pg is going and how you're doing, so please keep us updated!!

</div>
<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS"><div align="center">

Born May 5, 2008

Shelby Suzanne: 7lbs,8 oz 17 3/4 inches 9:16 p.m.
Morgan Julianne: 5 lbs,8 oz 19 inches 9:17 p.m.
</div></span>
June 7th, 2007, 04:33 AM
diznynurse's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
That's some sticky dust for you! I've been a lurker and inching my way onto this board for the past month lol but ahve been following your trials and triumphs, sending you lots of sticky prayers!

</div>

pregnant after 2 years ttc!!!!!

June 7th, 2007, 05:42 AM
~Sandy~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Man I am always late to everything, grrr!!

Anyways, Gillian if you don't update us then we will just hunt you down!!. I completely agree with Katie that I don't want this to be one of "those" boards. We are all in this for the long haul, so there is no way we want you to disapear after getting a bfp.

For your spotting, I have been reading alot lately online, and I have found that spotting after IVF is very very common for some reason. There isn't any answers as to why it is so much more common, but that seems to be the trend, Seeing the heartbeat is a huge milestone!! Congrats!! And the backache, well, get used to it honey, you are going to have allkinds of aches and pains. You just wait until that lil baby sticks his foot up under your ribcage and wiggles the toes. Beleive me that is not fun and hurts like He11. LOL, or wait until the baby presses so hard onyour bladder that you pee when you cough, laugh, move, sneeze etc. LOL

No worries, We are here for you!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search