Todays(thurs) Scan

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 7th, 2007, 06:53 AM
~Sandy~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, I think I am upset but I am not sure?? On Tuesday there was 7 on the right and 9 on the left and all pretty small. Well today, there is 8 on the right and 4 of them are around 17mm, and there was only one on the right which was at 12mm. What the He11 happened to the other follicles?? The tech said that it was normal and that the ones on Tuesday were very small. But where did they go?? She said that I still looked good and that they would call this afternoon with the E2 and whether I go in tommorrow or not. I am completely baffled as to what happened to the other follicles. Maybe they combined into the one?? No that would be dumb lol...

And now I am worried. Finally after over 2 years I shoudl be getting my very first TWW. In all my TTC time, I have had plenty of what I thought were TWW but after finding out that I never ever had a chance the normal way, they were all a waste of time. I am so scared that all of my follicles will "disapear" and I won't get this TWW I have been so looking forward to. Uggh, so much for stress and worry free. I bet my E2 is gonna be like 12 or something
June 7th, 2007, 07:58 AM
Aidan's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to TheMommyProject
Okay, I'm with you in thinking that's a bit strange. I've had scans where the count has been off by 1 or 2 (usually just can't see them all), but to go from 7 to 1 seems odd.

The good news here is that you do still have 9 that they can see and to have 4 up at 17mm is fantastic at this point.

You're still in really good shape for this cycle. Try to let the "disappearing" follicle issue go and just focus on what is there and how well you're doing. You will be in that 2ww very soon!

June 7th, 2007, 08:13 AM
Mega Super Mommy
4 at 17mm is still good! I think the others that are left sound good enough though that you could possibly have more when all is said and done. I've never heard of them dissapearing before so that sounds kind of strange. Maybe the tech made a mistake in counting before or now?

Either way - It's HAPPENING!!!!!!!!! YEAH!!! I can't wait to hear what the E2 is!
June 7th, 2007, 08:28 AM
KittyMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to KittyMom Send a message via Yahoo to KittyMom
Gosh I don't know what to say because that is bizarre Sandy. I mean one or two missing follies could just be a poor ultrasound but to lose that many is definitely odd. The awesome news is you still have a lot of great looking follicles. Have you started the ganirelex(sp?) yet?

I wonder if your ovary has shifted and the tech just couldn't see them all? I was reading on another board about a women that keeps having her ovaries shift around. Not the end of the world, they just told her that they may have to go through her tummy to get all the eggs (in the end they got them all vaginally though).

Your E2 definitely won't be low with all those plump and juicy 17mm follies I know you are worried (BTDT) but try and stay positive (I know, I know...). Can you see if you can chat with your doctor about this today rather than take the techs word on this?

<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">My Blog | My Chart</span>
I Love you forever, I Like you for always, As long as I'm living, my Daddy you will be
11/20/1939 - 05/31-2007</span>
[/b]</div>
June 7th, 2007, 08:48 AM
Stina- I have no clue what ganirelex is lol?? I am pretty sure I am not taking it though lol...

Anyways, I called the doc...it is all my fault!! I have 1 "LEADING" follicle on the left and 8 "Leading" on the right. The other 8 are still there on the left but they are not growing as well as the one "leading" one. Phew!!!! Stupid Me..... I was pretty tired though, or maybe she forgot to say leading to me or God knows what. In any case, I guess today was good because I gained (kinda) a follicle.

So explain this to me please. A "leading" follicle would be what like the mature ones, and the small ones would be immature??? They felt it was more important to measure and count the leading follicles, but what happens when the leading follicles are ready for trigger but the others aren't??

I feel better but now I am confused
June 7th, 2007, 09:03 AM
Aidan's Mommy
Okay phew! The case of the disappearing follies has been solved and now this is making sense...

They track the lead follicles because they generally want to trigger you when you have the most around the same size (the lead pack usually) because that will normally give you the best chance at having some nice eggies in there. So, the fact that you have 8 leading on the right is fantastic and will more than likely be what they track to decide when they trigger you. You should also get something from that 1 on the left. However, because there is one dominant, it's basically "stealing" all the good drugs and not allowing those other little guys on the left to grow, so you may not get any eggs out of them. I think I just confused myself, I hope that made sense lol

I remember my 2nd fresh cycle and I had a few dominant on each side that we actually sacrificed to allow the big pack in the middle to catch up. Those initial dominant ones ended up being over 30mm and overbaked, but there were only 2 or 3 which we left behind in order to take advantage of the 10 or so in the middle.

Bottom line here is you are going to get a nice batch of eggs out of that right ovary and that's all that matters right now!

I'm getting pretty freaking excited for you...

June 7th, 2007, 09:03 AM
KittyMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to KittyMom Send a message via Yahoo to KittyMom
Quote:
Stina- I have no clue what ganirelex is lol?? I am pretty sure I am not taking it though lol...

Anyways, I called the doc...it is all my fault!! I have 1 "LEADING" follicle on the left and 8 "Leading" on the right. The other 8 are still there on the left but they are not growing as well as the one "leading" one. Phew!!!! Stupid Me..... I was pretty tired though, or maybe she forgot to say leading to me or God knows what. In any case, I guess today was good because I gained (kinda) a follicle.

So explain this to me please. A "leading" follicle would be what like the mature ones, and the small ones would be immature??? They felt it was more important to measure and count the leading follicles, but what happens when the leading follicles are ready for trigger but the others aren't??

I feel better but now I am confused [/b]
I just looked at your chart - didn't realize you were still on lupron so ignore that stupid question.

I am not sure how that works with a dominant follie on each side. I didn't think that was supposed to happen if you have done suppression and something like lupron or suprefact so I am not much help, sorry. Do you know the size difference from the leading follies vs the smaller ones? It's good ot know you dind't "lose" any (phew!).

<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">My Blog | My Chart</span>
I Love you forever, I Like you for always, As long as I'm living, my Daddy you will be
11/20/1939 - 05/31-2007</span>
[/b]</div>
June 7th, 2007, 11:08 AM
Astrid's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Sandy ~ I believe "leading" means the ones closest to maturity. The other 8 that fell back still have a chance as it seems that some "come from behind" the last day before trigger. Try to stay focused on the good ones & hope that the smaller ones catch up! Sending {{bigger follie}} your way!

June 7th, 2007, 12:01 PM
diznynurse's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Okay I don' t know anything about IVF except for what it stands for! lol But I just wanted to wish you good luck! It sounds like everything is heading into the right direction and I'll be moving your chart to the 2WW in the chart stalking room!

</div>

pregnant after 2 years ttc!!!!!

June 7th, 2007, 02:21 PM
Okay E2 was 376, so higher, but no thousands yet. They said I was having a very controlled response and that my retrieval would probably be monday or tuesday, also that my risk for OHSS with a controlled cycle like this is extremely low so that is good I guess. I don't have to go in tommorrow, I get another day off. Saturday will be my next scan.

A thought I had was that maybe my left ovary is behind the right because I always do my follistim on the right side. Could that be why???
June 7th, 2007, 02:29 PM
Aidan's Mommy
I don't think the side you do the injection on should make a difference. I always alternated though, so don't know for sure... I'm doubting it though.

E2 is looking good, it's rising well... did you get a lining measurement?

I'll put my official guess in that you'll be triggering on Sunday for a Tuesday retrieval... Getting so close now!

June 7th, 2007, 02:52 PM
Oh yeah lining went from 3.6 to 7.4 so that was good
June 7th, 2007, 06:24 PM
Astrid's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
As far as I know, injecting into 1 side doesn't make a difference. The dominant ovary is the one that would have normally Oed by itself w/o stims. That is why we always have 1 ovary that responds better than the other.

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search