m/c karyotype came back

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 7th, 2007, 07:56 PM
LisaB's Avatar Mom to twins + 1
Send a message via Yahoo to LisaB
Hi ladies, just checking in sorry I'm not on here much! Work and life are so busy these days!

My karyotype came back from the tissue from my d&c. They found a genetic abnormality, I don't remember what exactly (would have to look it up and I'm too lazy) but it doesn't really matter I think... it means I had a bad egg or DH had a bad spermie, right? Maybe both, we aren't getting any younger.

It was kind of a relief really to know I didn't do anything wrong. I was so worried I should be on heparin and steroids, and I wasn't, my doctor only gave me aspirin. I suppose it could still be a problem, and now I'm seeing a new doctor who wants me to wait another cycle before trying because he is waiting for my test results to come back. He thinks I should definitely be on heparin for my high IgG and possibly steroids as well. We'll see what happens! I hate waiting another month, but it's only 1 month out of 3 years I suppose!

Hugs to all ~ Lisa

Me: Lisa, Mommy to twins +1
8/5/08 Beautiful twin girls Leigh and Lucy born after 4-year struggle with RPL & 6 losses
12/10/09 Surprise! Baby #3 is on the way, EDD 6/22/10

12/29/09 2nd ultrasound - joining team blue

6/16/10 Baby Ben is born!

June 7th, 2007, 07:59 PM
Astrid's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Lisa ~ Thank you so much for coming in here & updating us! I'm glad to know that you are happy w/ the results. Sounds like your new dr is very concerned about getting it just right & that is a good thing. Keep us informed of your upcoming appts & what happens!

June 8th, 2007, 05:15 AM
hoping4littleone's Avatar Super Mommy
Lisa, I felt the same as you when my last angel came back with a chromosome abnormality .. it killed me, but I was happy to know it was not something that I did. MY RE told me it was possible I was having a blood clot issue, but all tests came back fine. I now know it was just a bad egg and there was nothing I could do.

Sending you tons of hugs. ((hugs))

</div>
<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS"><div align="center">

Born May 5, 2008

Shelby Suzanne: 7lbs,8 oz 17 3/4 inches 9:16 p.m.
Morgan Julianne: 5 lbs,8 oz 19 inches 9:17 p.m.
</div></span>
June 8th, 2007, 05:23 AM
~Sandy~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Well, it must be a relief and a heartache to hear news like that. I am sorry for your loss (I didn't know before now). ((hugs)). And I am glad you found a new doc who seems to be doing some thorough testing. Thorough testing makes all the difference I think. Refresh my mind... are you TTC through bd, IUI, or IVF?? If IVF you could probably do PGD to rule out chromosomal abnormalities..
June 9th, 2007, 12:53 PM
LisaB's Avatar Mom to twins + 1
Send a message via Yahoo to LisaB
Hi girls, thanks for the support, hugs back to you all!!

Hi Sandy, we're doing IUI. We're 2 for 2 with that. Should we ask about progressing to IVF? Our insurance covers it I think, at least a few rounds... if not I don't think we could do it, we're spending so much on the private RE and RI, and meds won't be covered regardless.

Me: Lisa, Mommy to twins +1
8/5/08 Beautiful twin girls Leigh and Lucy born after 4-year struggle with RPL & 6 losses
12/10/09 Surprise! Baby #3 is on the way, EDD 6/22/10

12/29/09 2nd ultrasound - joining team blue

6/16/10 Baby Ben is born!

June 9th, 2007, 09:55 PM
Rina42308's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Lisa- in situations like this, it always feels bittersweet to know the reason, to let ourselves off the hook, all the while still fearing our future. Thanks for letting us know how you are. I hope this next month passes quickly for you and that you find yourself pg and healthy asap!
Hugs,

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead
June 10th, 2007, 08:38 AM
KittyMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to KittyMom Send a message via Yahoo to KittyMom
What a double edged sword - happy and sad all wrapped up together

re IVF - If your RE hasn't suggested it, you probably don't need to cross that bridge yet. It may be something you and hubby start discussing though and if you want to discuss it with your RE to get his opinion on if it is a necessity then go for it. Some clinics have huge waiting lists so better to ask now rather than have to wait 6 months (like continue doing IUIs and do IVF in fall if need be or whatever he recommends).

<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">My Blog | My Chart</span>
I Love you forever, I Like you for always, As long as I'm living, my Daddy you will be
11/20/1939 - 05/31-2007</span>
[/b]</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search