? about the first cycle after IVF meds

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 7th, 2007, 07:28 PM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Little frustrated here. AF was here for about 10 days total and now im on cd14. I usually O on cd14 but my OPK's are all VERY negative..hardly any hint of color.

Do you think its because of how long I bled...because that was a freakish period. I know it was from the meds but still I dont want to have a period like that for a very long long long time.

Just worried that Im not going to O this month...

**UPDATE**

Ok so I took my last OPK this last friday and there was at least a colored line, but I didnt want to waste anymore money and decided to not buy another pack of OPK's. So im not totally sure I O'd but heres the story...

Sunday morning dh and I bd' and I noticed afterwards (TMI!) that there was quite a bit of red/pink cm. Usually that only happens if im super close to starting my period. I also noticed checking on and off during the day that there was some EWCM but i wouldnt call it a perfect example of EWCM.

Also I started spotting again on Monday but it was more a reddish brown color and there wasnt too much and again there was some EWCM. Today there wasnt any spotting but now tonight I just noticed MORE spotting. Its red and pink again.

The ONLY other time I can remember this happening before AF was due was the month that I got preg, and the only reason i remember that is because I thought it was freaky that I had started bleeding during the MIDDLE of my cycle..I used to keep track of how long my cycles were and i remembered thinking that my period wasnt due for another 2 weeks so what the heck was i bleeding for. The bleeding lasted for about an hour but wasnt nothing a panty liner couldnt handle, but I also wasnt checking my cervix back then either..

Everything online says its supposed to be a good thing and that its probably caused by the drop of estrogen before you O. Its really getting my hopes up though since the bleeding thing was the one thing that was different the month I got preg before...

Has anyone else had this happen..do you think its from the meds I was on last month?

June 8th, 2007, 04:29 AM
~Sandy~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I really don't know, I haven't had a cycle after IVF meds, although I would think it may take a while to get back to normal since your body was just on a hormonal rollercaoster kwim. But then again, I have no clue LOL
June 8th, 2007, 04:50 AM
Aidan's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to TheMommyProject
AF for me after a medicated cycle was pretty much the same length as usual. I can't answer the ovulation question, because I never tracked that myself. I do know that my clinic would always want one full cycle between medicated tries and I would assume that is because it takes that one medicine free cycle to get things back to "normal". I wouldn't stress over it this cycle, but you should definitely want to see things more of what you're used to next time around.

June 8th, 2007, 05:19 AM
jeepgirl9478's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Last cycle I was on Progesterone to start a period and it was a horrible horrible heavy 10 day period. I didn't ovulate untill cd18 because of the long period so don't give up hope! Your still in the game!

Thanks .hoodihoo.this. for the siggy!!
June 8th, 2007, 10:50 PM
KittyMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to KittyMom Send a message via Yahoo to KittyMom
Well mine was normal kind of. I miscarried after my first IVF but then had a normal cyucle - the second cycle though I was late ovulating and am having the worst cramps EVER now. Go figure.

<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">My Blog | My Chart</span>
I Love you forever, I Like you for always, As long as I'm living, my Daddy you will be
11/20/1939 - 05/31-2007</span>
[/b]</div>
June 12th, 2007, 06:51 PM
Ok so I updated this and it didnt move it to the current page...so guess im going to have to bump it! LOL

June 12th, 2007, 07:08 PM
Aidan's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to TheMommyProject
I don't think the meds from last cycle would cause spotting this cycle, but I really don't know. I think it sounds encouraging for you right now actually, so hang in there until testing day!

June 12th, 2007, 07:16 PM
Quote:
I don't think the meds from last cycle would cause spotting this cycle, but I really don't know. I think it sounds encouraging for you right now actually, so hang in there until testing day![/b]
I know this could be just some fluke mid cycle bleeding but im putting every positive thought i can into thinking that this might be something good happening!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search