Baby Shower Blues

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 9th, 2007, 09:44 PM
TheyGrowLikeWeeds's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to TheyGrowLikeWeeds
I am so happy for my cousin. She's already 6 1/2 months in to her first pregnancy, and she had a baby shower today. Her sister was there with her three kids. 5, 2, 6 months...all girls. My mother was there, both my cousins' husbands, my aunt of course (cousins' mother), The honored cousin's friends (about three of them showed up, and of course me and Jason

I thought everything was going to be fine since I got my positive pregnancy result. Within minutes of showing up to the party, I started to tear up. I couldn't believe it. I was actually sad. I had to go outside with Jason for a little and play a little fetch with my cousin's dog (soon-to-be-mom cousin) until I felt better. I was ok later on and had an okay time. The food was good, I had some sparkling cider (non-alcoholic like most are) and just stayed with Jason the entire time.

Luckily for me, my mother had to catch her flight back home which gave me an excuse to leave early. We stayed until after the presents were opened and then it was time to go. I think my mother was getting a little bored anyhow.

Overall it was nice. I'm still a little upset about the whole thing, partially because I was saddened by it when I should just be happy to be there sharing my cousin's celebration, but also because of the fact that it just reminded me that I've never been as far along as they have been, and it was just difficult to see everyone so happy playing with their kids and planning for a soon-to-be-son.

I guess I just wasn't ready despite my good news.

I love my Peanut M&Ms Cameron & Kiefer!!Eliza's Blog
June 9th, 2007, 10:51 PM
hoping4littleone's Avatar Super Mommy
I would have felt EXACTLY like you!! As I always say, I am in the same boat as you as far as recurring miscarriages, and I know, for me, I get more and more cautious with each one. I mean, with each pg, I find myself backing away from people who are pg or have just had babies. I'm always afraid I will get too happy and then I'll jinx myself and lose the baby. What you felt is completely natural because you are scared, and I think that's okay. You need to feel every emotion that presents itself, no matter if it's happiness or complete sadness. If you want to cry at a baby shower .. I say go ahead!! ( I hope this is coming off the right way!!). I guess what I'm saying is that how you felt is natural. You are filled with the joy of your pregnancy, but the fright of never being as far along as she was. I promise you, I would have felt the same.

Sending you tons of ((hugs))

</div>
<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS"><div align="center">

Born May 5, 2008

Shelby Suzanne: 7lbs,8 oz 17 3/4 inches 9:16 p.m.
Morgan Julianne: 5 lbs,8 oz 19 inches 9:17 p.m.
</div></span>
June 10th, 2007, 07:29 AM
KittyMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to KittyMom Send a message via Yahoo to KittyMom
Aww Eliza, I am sorry you can't celebrate your pregnancy yet . It was a natural response - don't feel guilty. Give yourself some time emotionally to catch up with being pregnant and don't feel bad when those memories of your previous losses keep jumping back into your mind.

<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">My Blog | My Chart</span>
I Love you forever, I Like you for always, As long as I'm living, my Daddy you will be
11/20/1939 - 05/31-2007</span>
[/b]</div>

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search