Stim Day 1

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 10th, 2007, 10:58 AM
kticesk8s's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
I had my very first IVF shot yesterday night, and DH did a great job! I obsessed about it for the entire day, but once it happened, it was no big deal. The next worry will be the IM shots.....ugh. I had initially planned to do the subq ones myself, but I decided that this was really the only way to involve DH in the process, so more than likely he will do them all for me.

One question (Stina, Sandy, Gillian, Timberwolf, anyone).....when is the soonest you start to "feel" your ovaries? I could swear that I felt weird twinges on the ovary closest to the injection site last night....is this even possible?!? BTW, I'm on 300IU of Follistim until my ultrasound on Wednesday -- after that I'm not sure whether the dose will stay the same or be reduced. I'm hoping for the latter, so I don't have go buy more of the stuff!

• Me: 32.:. DH: 30...TTC w/ Male Factor.... BFP! Was triplets! NOW IT'S TWINS!!! 1 BOY, 1 GIRL
  • IVF #1: June '07 BFN
  • IVF #2: Oct '08 BFN
  • DIUI #1: Nov '08 BFP!!! Beta 593 @ 14/15 dpiui!! Beta 1897 @ 16/17 dpiui!!!!!! OMG!
June 10th, 2007, 12:08 PM
KittyMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to KittyMom Send a message via Yahoo to KittyMom
Quote:
I had my very first IVF shot yesterday night, and DH did a great job! I obsessed about it for the entire day, but once it happened, it was no big deal. The next worry will be the IM shots.....ugh. I had initially planned to do the subq ones myself, but I decided that this was really the only way to involve DH in the process, so more than likely he will do them all for me.

One question (Stina, Sandy, Gillian, Timberwolf, anyone).....when is the soonest you start to "feel" your ovaries? I could swear that I felt weird twinges on the ovary closest to the injection site last night....is this even possible?!? BTW, I'm on 300IU of Follistim until my ultrasound on Wednesday -- after that I'm not sure whether the dose will stay the same or be reduced. I'm hoping for the latter, so I don't have go buy more of the stuff![/b]
They 'say' you should start feeling action by the 5th day (4 days of stims) but I also swear there is activity going on already and i have only done 2 nights of stims.

What injects are you doing IM?

<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">My Blog | My Chart</span>
I Love you forever, I Like you for always, As long as I'm living, my Daddy you will be
11/20/1939 - 05/31-2007</span>
[/b]</div>
June 10th, 2007, 12:21 PM
kticesk8s's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
What injects are you doing IM?[/b]
Only PIO, thank goodness! And DH is a little TOO excited for it! I keep envisioning him using my butt as a dart board....ha! The other shots we're doing are all subq -- Ganirelix (Antagon) mixed with Menopur and Ovidrel as the trigger. Kitty, I've seen you around on that "other" board -- I really need to get off of there and stay here....some of those sections really bum me out!

• Me: 32.:. DH: 30...TTC w/ Male Factor.... BFP! Was triplets! NOW IT'S TWINS!!! 1 BOY, 1 GIRL
  • IVF #1: June '07 BFN
  • IVF #2: Oct '08 BFN
  • DIUI #1: Nov '08 BFP!!! Beta 593 @ 14/15 dpiui!! Beta 1897 @ 16/17 dpiui!!!!!! OMG!
June 10th, 2007, 12:43 PM
KittyMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to KittyMom Send a message via Yahoo to KittyMom
Quote:
Quote:
What injects are you doing IM?[/b]
Only PIO, thank goodness! And DH is a little TOO excited for it! I keep envisioning him using my butt as a dart board....ha! The other shots we're doing are all subq -- Ganirelix (Antagon) mixed with Menopur and Ovidrel as the trigger. Kitty, I've seen you around on that "other" board -- I really need to get off of there and stay here....some of those sections really bum me out!
[/b]
ROFL, I am on too many boards - it feeds my insanity my hubby says. I am usually good until stims start and then I can't seem to get my mind off of anything else. But I love JM - everyone is so friendly here. The 2 IVF boards I visit can be pretty intense and FF, well I am sure you've been there Since most my business stuff runs online it makes it hard not to peek in every so often while working.

DH did all my shots round #1 but I did mine last night and wow, it hurt so much less (didn't tell him that, just said I wanted to see if I had the guts to do it myself). He said this round it isn't as important as it was for round #1 LOL.

You know I would much rather do the progesterone shots over the pearls - they are really messy and gross. Plus DH would be like yours - drawing bullseyes all over my butt each day

So you are doing Follistim right now, then the Menopur and Ganirelix when your follies reach a certain size, right? When my doctor called yesterday he said I have to start the Cetrotide when my follies are around 12mm which answered my question since it isn't listed on my protocol anywhere.

How very cool we are stimming together

<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">My Blog | My Chart</span>
I Love you forever, I Like you for always, As long as I'm living, my Daddy you will be
11/20/1939 - 05/31-2007</span>
[/b]</div>
June 10th, 2007, 02:01 PM
~Sandy~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Hey!! Isn't that first shot exciting, and each day you will find yourself having that "can't wait" feeling till your next ones....even though needles SUCK!!

I honestly felt twinges on my ovaries, the very next day after stims. And I have felt them ever since. Today they actually kind of hurt, very full and bloated
June 11th, 2007, 07:00 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Kudos to dh! Good luck chica!
June 11th, 2007, 07:58 AM
Aidan's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to TheMommyProject
Yay for first injections!! It's so nice to get that one under your belt - the rest should be far less anxious for you and DH.

As for your question on when I started to feel anything, it was usually 4th day or so of stims. I was on 350iu of Gonal-F. My 2nd cycle they dialed me back 50iu because I was a bit over-stimmed, but the other times my dose stayed the same. Hard to tell if yours will change or not, it all depends on how you respond.

I wish you all the best this cycle and let's see some nice follie growth!

It's so exciting on this board right now with all these IVF cycles overlapping!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search