Results from dh's doc appt today

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 11th, 2007, 01:32 PM
Mega Super Mommy
So dh's count has increased to just under 20 mil now!! YEAH! That's a HUGE improvement from the 1st one of 3mil!! He is also no longer classified as nonprogressive motility, now he is slow/sluggish. So now the swimmers aren't swimming in circles anymore, they are just plain lazy . Morphology is still at 14%.
Here's the bad news: The doc said because of our age that he will not refer us for the IUI or IVF route. His exact words were: "You still have a good 15 years of trying naturally before going that route" Ummmm NO! 15 more years of this bs? AURGH! So he said we could opt to do IUI or IVF out of our own pockets before then, but he was recommending to our insurance company that we not be accepted into their program because of our age. He said he only accepts patients into his program that are in their late 20's early 30's. Kind of steamed about that. Ok, not kind of, REALLY steamed! He also said that we still had the slightest chance of conceiving naturally, but wanted us to wait several more years before doing anything else.

So dh and I talked about it on the way home. We will ttc naturally 1 more year. If nothing by then we will pay out of pocket for the next step. Dh wants to get into the fertility diet more and try some new things I've found online. I'm also going to buy a CBFM so we can know the exact moment of O instead of from what my charting has said in the past. Oh, and he's going to go full force into the acupuncture when he gets back the beginning of July.

So it was a very frustrating appointment, but at least dh 150% onboard for ttc even harder, if there is such a thing
June 11th, 2007, 01:43 PM
*Melissa*'s Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to *Melissa*
I can't even imagine doing that for another 15 years!!!! How frustrating!!! Good news though about his sperm count though!!! Tell him to keep it up!!! WOO HOO!!! It sounds like you guys have a good plan! Wouldn't it be awesome if you concieved naturally????
June 11th, 2007, 01:45 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I hope so, it's just hard to be optimistic, kwim? I wanted to ask the jerk if he thought we'd been doing it wrong for over a year now. Maybe he should have given me a bding lesson AURGH!
June 11th, 2007, 02:08 PM
jeepgirl9478's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I am so sorry...That is really crappy!! I say you get a second opinon if you can. Not sure how the navy(I am thinking that is what your hubby is in???) works but in the army I would just ask to be sent to a new doctor. I would not put up with that crap!! I am only 21 and have been only ttc since septemberish. Our doctor had no problems saying if 4 cycles of the clomid don't work he will have me reffered to Nashville to try something eles. He is very understanding that when your husband is in the Military you only have a certain time span to get prego in. Good luck!!!!

Thanks .hoodihoo.this. for the siggy!!
June 11th, 2007, 04:14 PM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OH wow 15 years?? Thats crazy!

June 11th, 2007, 04:36 PM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
I am so sorry...That is really crappy!! I say you get a second opinon if you can. Not sure how the navy(I am thinking that is what your hubby is in???) works but in the army I would just ask to be sent to a new doctor. I would not put up with that crap!! I am only 21 and have been only ttc since septemberish. Our doctor had no problems saying if 4 cycles of the clomid don't work he will have me reffered to Nashville to try something eles. He is very understanding that when your husband is in the Military you only have a certain time span to get prego in. Good luck!!!![/b]
This actually was our 3rd opinion from the navy The navy only offers IVF at 3 hospitals, San Diego, D.C., & Hawaii. Getting a referral from the doc today would have made it very easy for us to get orders to those places, without it there isn't a chance. If we stay here Tricare will pay for a consult with IVF or IUI at an outside provider, but nothing further. It's all outta pocket which we started planning for Christmas last year, so it's not the end of the world even though it feels like that now.
Navy medicine SUCKS! I can't wait til I start a new job and can get us some "real" insurance. I might be switching jobs in August so I'm keeping my fingers crossed!
June 12th, 2007, 04:18 AM
~Sandy~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Grrrr, some docs are just STUPID. They must have gone to the farmers market for their MD!!! Maybe if you call Tricare and explain what the dumb jerk said to you. My inlaws use tricare and usually when she isn't happy she calls and whines and they end up giving her the opiton to et an outside opinion and collaborate with tricare and then she usually gets her way. She is very very pushy though.
June 12th, 2007, 05:03 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Congrats on DHs results!! Can i ask what the 'fertility' diet is and how you managed to increase his count so much?

Your doc sounds kinda sucky.....15yrs is a lifetime of hell doin this

Sheryl
xx

June 12th, 2007, 05:32 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
Can i ask what the 'fertility' diet is and how you managed to increase his count so much?[/b]
Here's a couple of links to books that we read. He's only able to eat what they give him when he is on the boat so we had to make a diet that fit for him. I think the big thing was the vitamins he took too:Zinc, Tribulus Terrestris, and for a while he was taking fertility blend from GNC. He also had some other meds from the doc, but none of them have an effect on his swimmers.

http://www.amazon.com/Infertility-Diet-Pre...0988&sr=1-1

http://www.amazon.com/Fertility-Foods-Opti...1413&sr=1-3

I've read others but these were the 2 I liked most
June 12th, 2007, 05:40 AM
Mega Super Mommy
`Thanks so much...i have DH on zinc, vits C, E, B6 and some others too.

sheryl
xxx

June 12th, 2007, 05:42 AM
jeepgirl9478's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Oh wow I didn't know there were only 3 places that do IFV though the navy. I bet it is the same with the army. The all tend to be stupid like that. I know I can get injections and I think IUI in Nashville but I'm not sure if they do IVF or not. Well good luck and I am happy to here your hubbys test results. Mine is to stubbern to get a s/a done.

Thanks .hoodihoo.this. for the siggy!!
June 12th, 2007, 06:07 PM
diznynurse's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'm sorry he wasn't nice! Maybe that doc will get sent somewhere else and they'll get a new doc and you'll get the aokay! That's my positive spin on it for you!

</div>

pregnant after 2 years ttc!!!!!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search