Bought a new TTC gadget

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 11th, 2007, 05:40 PM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Any of you girls used it or know someone who has?

When i went to my RE's the other week I was reading a Conceive magazine and it had an article that had information about this watch.
I looked it up the other day and thought it sounded interesting and actually pretty darn handy. It says that its been clinically proven and FDA approved.
It seems alot easier too and less stressful than peeing in a cup each morning and using and OPK. The total cost was $189 and that came with 3 sensor strips 1 for each month. Then when you need more strips its $39 for 1 or $99 for 3. I figure Ive tried everything else out there...might as well try this little gadget as well

Here is some info I snagged off their website

Researchers in the late 50s and early 60s noted that numerous salts (chloride, sodium, potassium) in a woman's sweat fluctuated in relation to the menstrual cycle. Chloride levels are low at the start of the menstrual cycle and peak three times during the cycle (see graph below). Using a patented biosensor, OV-Watch detects a baseline chloride ion level for each woman and then accurately predicts ovulation based on the timing of the first peak. The OV-Watch detects the chloride surge 3 days prior to the estrogen surge, 4 days prior to the LH surge and 5 days prior to ovulation, making it an earlier predictor of ovulation than any other chemical surge during the month. For women trying to conceive, knowing the days before ovulation not only lowers the stress level for her and her partner , but it increases her chances of getting pregnant.

Nearly 66% more pregnancies are estimated to occur by month 6 with OV-Watch over urinary LH kits.14

The graph below shows a woman's different hormonal surges on the days before she ovulates. This graph depicts a 28-day cycle, however, in any cycle length, the pattern is the same. You will notice that the chloride ion surge happens well in advance of the estrogen and the LH surge. That is how only OV-Watch can give you the entire fertility window, including those 4 crucial days before ovulation, in a wrist-mounted, easy to use device.

Knowing the 4 days before ovulation leads to the highest probability of conception

The graph below depicts what a woman's probability of conception is on the days before, during, and after ovulation. It may be surprising to find that the highest probability of conception occurs with intercourse on the days before ovulation, rather than the day of ovulation itself.2,3
According to a 2001 report in Statistics in Medicine, the day of ovulation holds only a 5% chance of conception, but the four days before hold a cumulative 80% chance of conceiving.3 These new findings demonstrate that a woman's highest probability of conception is on the 4-5 days before ovulation.

By maximizing your most fertile days with OV-Watch, you can increase your chances of pregnancy and get pregnant sooner.

June 11th, 2007, 05:47 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I've been looking at this too. You'll have to let me know how you like it cause I might get that instead of the CBEFM. It's a toss up! Hope you like it!
June 11th, 2007, 06:00 PM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'll definetly let you know how I like it. It will be another couple of weeks before I actually get to try it out since im only half way through this cycle. I should get it in the mail hopefully by the end of the week.

I had thought about getting a CBFM but ...Im so SICK of peeing in cups every morning!

June 11th, 2007, 07:48 PM
greenchild's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Wow, how interesting is that!!! That is so cool!!!! Good luck using it and let us know how it works out!!
June 12th, 2007, 05:13 AM
~Sandy~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I know Astrid has used it. It was a while back I think, but I know she used it. Good Luck!!
June 12th, 2007, 06:41 AM
Mega Super Mommy
Quote:
..Im so SICK of peeing in cups every morning! [/b]
nuff said there!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search