Update on me

Forum: Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance

Notices

Welcome to the JustMommies Message Boards.

We pride ourselves on having the friendliest and most welcoming forums for moms and moms to be! Please take a moment and register for free so you can be a part of our growing community of mothers. If you have any problems registering please drop an email to boards@justmommies.com.

Our community is moderated by our moderation team so you won't see spam or offensive messages posted on our forums. Each of our message boards is hosted by JustMommies hosts, whose names are listed at the top each board. We hope you find our message boards friendly, helpful, and fun to be on!

Reply Post New Topic
  Subscribe To Trying to Conceive with Medical Assistance LinkBack Topic Tools Search this Topic Display Modes
June 12th, 2007, 06:01 AM
Aidan's Mommy
Send a message via MSN to TheMommyProject
I thought I'd share my latest news with you guys since you're such a constant source of support and comfort.

Well after my scare last week of spotting and cramping and going in to get an u/s and seeing that all was well, I was trying to take it easy. Things were going relatively well (still had a little brown spotting from time to time, but nothing major), until last night. I went to take my progesterone before bed and discovered bright red blood. I was hysterical. This was exactly how my last m/c started. I wiped away what blood was there and DH and I had a good cry. I then put a call into the on-call IVF doctor and he called me back a few minutes later. The good thing was, the bleeding had turned back to some brown spotting by the time he called. I thought for sure it was the start of heavy bleeding.

Anyway, he talked to me for a little bit and told me to come in this morning at 7:00am and he'd do a scan and see what was going on. Well, I went and sure enough there was my little bean with it's heart beating away. I thought for sure we'd find no h/b and I was so relieved I just started to ball my eyes out.

He measured for me and it's exactly at 7weeks which is exactly where I'm at today. The heart rate was 137BPM which is good for 7 weeks. He gave me a couple of pictures but they are really not good at all. I don't have a scanner to get them posted and I can't get a decent shot of them on my digital.

So, another scary time for me but I made it through again. It looks like I'm just going to have to put up with the spotting and cramping and try not to stress too much over it.

My 8 week scan is still scheduled for Monday - that's the biggie for me. If I make it past that one, then I've made it farther then I ever have before.

I feel like I'm going through an emotional storm and some days wonder if I'll ever make it out the other side to the calm. Your thoughs and prayers right now are appreciated.

June 12th, 2007, 06:04 AM
Daisee37's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Gosh Gillian, that stinks that you keep having these scares! But I'm so happy that things today turned out well. You know we're all pulling for you here. NO matter how many times you hear that some women just have bleeding and it's a normal part of some pregnancies, it doesn't take away the fear that it means something worse. I wish you a fast and scare-free week until that 8-week u/s!!!

August 2012 December 2012
June 12th, 2007, 06:08 AM
Mega Super Mommy
hun!

I hope this next week flies by without too much worry for you. I'm so glad everything is ok!
June 12th, 2007, 06:56 AM
TheyGrowLikeWeeds's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Send a message via AIM to TheyGrowLikeWeeds
Oh wow! I'm in the same boat as far as the lasting longer than 7wks. But I'm so sorry you had to go through that scare. I can certainly understand how frightening that must be to be bleeding like that and know what's it's like to go through a m/c.

You just take it easy and try to relax. It sounds like your little bean is hanging in there! I really hope this one does stick around. You've been through enough and you certainly do deserve to have a good full term pregnancy for once!

I love my Peanut M&Ms Cameron & Kiefer!!Eliza's Blog
June 12th, 2007, 08:46 AM
Bebo's Avatar Veteran
(((((((((((((((((((((Gillian))))))))))))))))))))) Glad bean's heartbeat was reassuring.

I cannot imagine what you went through!
Dx with MFI 2007
Looking into IVF 2011
June 12th, 2007, 09:04 AM
kticesk8s's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hugs, Gillian! I'm so glad to hear that everything is continuing to go well, despite your worries and struggles. I will continue praying for you!

• Me: 32.:. DH: 30...TTC w/ Male Factor.... BFP! Was triplets! NOW IT'S TWINS!!! 1 BOY, 1 GIRL
  • IVF #1: June '07 BFN
  • IVF #2: Oct '08 BFN
  • DIUI #1: Nov '08 BFP!!! Beta 593 @ 14/15 dpiui!! Beta 1897 @ 16/17 dpiui!!!!!! OMG!
June 12th, 2007, 11:16 AM
greenchild's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
I'll be thinking of you and your bean!
June 12th, 2007, 11:20 AM
angeleyes's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Hi Gillian,

I know exactly how you feel. My two losses have me very nervous, even before I do my first injection this time around. It's very hard not to compare your last loss with your current pregnancy. But continue to lean on your friends here and take care of yourself.
12/2004 - preg but m/c at 8 weeks
07/2006 - preg w/IVF but m/c at 4 weeks
06/2007 - trying again with new diagnoses - blood clotting issue
07/2007 - IVF cycle cancelled - TWICE
12/07 - BFP....waiting for Xavier
07/30/08 - RICHARD XAVIER IS HERE!

June 12th, 2007, 11:48 AM
KittyMom's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
Send a message via MSN to KittyMom Send a message via Yahoo to KittyMom
I am so sorry Gillian..gosh you body is in such a state of worry right now...I wish i could just hug you and tell you it will all be okay. Your little bean is a fighter though and I believe she (or he) is going to be sticking around for good this pregnancy

Stay strong, less than a week til your big 8 week scan (hey little bean, stop scaring your mama like that!).

<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS">My Blog | My Chart</span>
I Love you forever, I Like you for always, As long as I'm living, my Daddy you will be
11/20/1939 - 05/31-2007</span>
[/b]</div>
June 12th, 2007, 12:00 PM
Mega Super Mommy
I just wanted to send you big hugs and to let you know I will be praying that all ends well for you

To my Aries:
The time we had with you was brief,
We had to say good-bye,
Now angels kiss your little face,
And sing your lullaby.

Someday again, we'll be with you,
To cherish all those things,
Until that day it helps to know,
You're safe in angels wings.

June 12th, 2007, 03:26 PM
~Sandy~'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
OMG, I am so sorry you had a scare. They can shake you up pretty bad!! I am glad bean was ok, and monday isn't too far away girl (((hugs)))
June 12th, 2007, 07:25 PM
*CAMM*'s Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Im sorry for all the scares you have been going through. I cant even imagine the worry. It sounds like you have a strong bean though,only a few more days until you hit 8 weeks!

June 13th, 2007, 05:38 AM
Astrid's Avatar Platinum Supermommy
Gillian ~ A good friend of mine also did IVF & is now 14w2d pregnant. It was a fresh cycle & her 1st. She struggled quite a bit w/ the same issues you are going through right now. There is light at the end of the tunnel. After all the stress & worry from everything she was going through, she has now officially made it in to the 2nd trimester, further than she has ever been. Please keep praying that God will keep your little one tucked in. I will too!

June 13th, 2007, 08:13 AM
Super Mommy
good job, little bean!!

i am so sorry for your scare.

i know the first few weeks are so horribly stressful.

hang in there. i will be thinking about you!
June 13th, 2007, 08:50 AM
hoping4littleone's Avatar Super Mommy
Gillian, I understand your worries and fears, and I'm so sorry you have to go through it. I can only imagine what you felt when you saw bright red blood, but I'm ecstatic for you that your little bean was still beating away.

I know it's easier said than done when people tell you to relax and not to worry. I think it's completely natural to worry after experiencing a loss or losses. Know that my thoughts are with you and sending you big ((HUGS))!!!

-Jocelyn

</div>
<span style="font-family:Comic Sans MS"><div align="center">

Born May 5, 2008

Shelby Suzanne: 7lbs,8 oz 17 3/4 inches 9:16 p.m.
Morgan Julianne: 5 lbs,8 oz 19 inches 9:17 p.m.
</div></span>
June 13th, 2007, 08:03 PM
Rina42308's Avatar Mega Super Mommy
(((Gillian))) I am so soryr for yet another scare but I praise God that this baby bean is holding tight and growing so well. What a beautiful sight to see that HB. I can imagine your tears, as I got teary eyed just hearing your story. I am continuing to pray for you. Keep that faith sweetie.
Lots of love and hugs,

"Never doubt that a small group of thoughtful, committed citizens can change the world; indeed, it's the only thing that ever has." -Margaret Mead
June 14th, 2007, 08:20 PM
Platinum Supermommy
***HUGS***

I am sorry you had another scare. I am so glad Bean is hanging in there for you! Monday is not far away for your next ultrasound!

Topic Tools Search this Topic
Search this Topic:

Advanced Search